Any predictions?
I'm going with the following,
York - 4
Biddeford - 1
Greely - 3
St. Doms - 6
Oh well, I got one out of two scores correct :D
on Thu Feb 17th, 2011 2:44 pm
Now the big one. I'm guessing that this game will be close. St. Doms has more talent, but York has more depth. I would also give York a slight edge on defense and in net. The key for York will be to try and shut down Zamrock, Goulet & Ratsep. If York can play strong defensively and limit the chances that these three get, they have a shot at winning.With that said, I'm still going with St. Doms to win 4-2.Good luck to both teams and I'm sure it will be a good one.
Posted by: vanguard1964 on Thu Feb 17th, 2011 4:12 pm
Now the big one. I'm guessing that this game will be close. St. Doms has more talent, but York has more depth. I would also give York a slight edge on defense and in net. The key for York will be to try and shut down Zamrock, Goulet & Ratsep. If York can play strong defensively and limit the chances that these three get, they have a shot at winning.
With that said, I'm still going with St. Doms to win 4-2.
Good luck to both teams and I'm sure it will be a good one.
Not sure I would give the edge to York on defense or in net. St. Dom's defense and goaltending has been pretty good all year. SD goalie Keaney played really well in the first 2 periods last night and made some key saves when the game was still in question. Last time the 2 teams played it was a 6-0 game halfway through and SD gave their less experienced players a regurlar shift for the second half of the game. That game ended up 6-2.I see a similar 5-2 game on Saturday. Good luck to both teams, enjoy the game and have fun.
on Thu Feb 17th, 2011 5:30 pm
Vanguard,I will stick with my previous statement that I would give York a SLIGHT edge on defense and in net. I think both teams are very close on defense. St. Doms generates more offense with their defense with the likes of Goulet, but sometimes that hurts them defensively when she gets caught up ice. I think Keaney has developed into a very good goalie, but it's hard to overlook York's Olivia Drew after she just made Festivals. York has only given up a total of 3 goals over their last 9 games. Like I said in my previous post, I still feel that St. Doms has too much fire power for York to handle. This is how I see it and I can understand how you can see it differently.
Posted by: vanguard1964 on Thu Feb 17th, 2011 5:54 pm
Vanguard,
I will stick with my previous statement that I would give York a SLIGHT edge on defense and in net. I think both teams are very close on defense. St. Doms generates more offense with their defense with the likes of Goulet, but sometimes that hurts them defensively when she gets caught up ice. I think Keaney has developed into a very good goalie, but it's hard to overlook York's Olivia Drew after she just made Festivals. York has only given up a total of 3 goals over their last 9 games. Like I said in my previous post, I still feel that St. Doms has too much fire power for York to handle. This is how I see it and I can understand how you can see it differently.
I guess we can agree to disagree on this, but did you see the goal that Drew gave up yesterday to Bidde? Gonna move this discussion to the other thread.
on Thu Feb 17th, 2011 6:23 pm
Gaurd,I guess we can both agree a goalie can steal a game or two for you. I have yet to see the Drew girl but have been told she is the real deal. I am paying my $7.00 reluctantly on Saturday night and will see for myself. I do have to keep reminding myself it is still HS hockey. Although I thought last nights game was a doousey!JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!