MPA Proposed high school classification changes by sport

Posted by: MBR on Wed Feb 9th, 2011 10:37 am
MPA Proposed high school classification changes by sportby BDNCLASSIFICATION CHANGESAUGUSTA — Proposed high school classification changes by sport to be determined by a vote by the Maine Principals’ Association membership:GolfFalmouth from Class B to Class A; Oceanside to Class A.For full storyhttp://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/02/ ... -by-sport/
Posted by: swedishfish on Wed Feb 9th, 2011 12:28 pm
Falmouth often has very talented teams that could compete with Class A teams and have a chance at winning the state title. They would be a great addition
Posted by: interloper on Sun Apr 17th, 2011 11:49 am
I have heard that Falmouth and Greely have requested to play in the SMAA for the upcoming regular season. All will play in the same state qualifier. It will require a little adjustment in the the divisional set-up.
imagine a SMAA North division looking like this:FalmouthGreelyDeeringCheverus PortlandSouth Portland
Posted by: interloper on Mon Apr 18th, 2011 7:48 am
imagine a SMAA North division looking like this:
Falmouth
Greely
Deering
Cheverus
Portland
South Portland
I have heard that Greely will be placed with Gorham, Windham, BE and TA and I believe Westbrook will move into that division, but it might be Scarborough. Biddeford will join Kennebunk, Sanford, Massabesic, Marshwood and Noble. The 3 division winners will still advance automatically to the state tournament and top 3 teams, not counting those 3 that have already qualified, in the league tournament will advance to the state meet.