16/17 Festival Tryouts

on Fri Feb 11th, 2011 1:04 pm
This is the list of girls that made it along with their birth years.F Kara Violette (95)F Katie McLaughlin (94)F Lauren Massey (94)F Shannon Farrell (94)D Abby Rutt (94)D Molly Strabley (94)D Katherine Pate (95)G Mariah Farrell (94)G Olivia Drew (95)Looking at this list is it safe to assume that the 95's only get 1F, 1D & 1G and the 94's get 3F, 2D & 1G? I'm not sure if this is the case but if it is it doesn't seem fair for the 95's.
on Tue Feb 15th, 2011 8:38 am
I am guessing that it has to do with the amount of girls at each state playing hockey. I would also say the 94's have a very talented group of girls. All of the 94 girls selected have been to Festivals have been there at least three times.JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Wed Feb 16th, 2011 12:20 am
What gets me is that you have 2 very good 95 skaters (both have gone to National Camp the past 2 years) and Maine doesn't get any more players at the 95 age group. How many of the five 94 skaters have gone to National Camp? I'm guessing just Strabley one year. Just doesn't seem right to me.
on Fri Mar 25th, 2011 5:20 pm
Maine girls are looking very good down here. Strabley and Rutt are playing on a line and doing very well. Actually watch Strabley and McLaughlin mix it up a bit. Very fast play, but the Maine girls are not out of place.JUST LET THE GIRLS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Sun Mar 27th, 2011 7:58 pm
I guess I'll get the conversation started. I'm not sure of the numbers that they are taking, but rumor has it that it will be 3 F, 2D & 1 G.
The forwards were tough only because there were 2 or 3 girls from NH in the mix.
My top forwards (in order).
Kara Violette
Katie McLaughlin
Shannon Farrell
Taylor Teixeira
Hannah Dineen
Lauren Massey
My top defense (in order).
Molly Strabley
Katherine Pate
Abby Rutt
Anne-Marie Provencal
My top goalies (in order).
Olivia Drew
Mariah Farrell
HS,You did well! I would tell you all Maine players in this list displayed their talents and were very visable. It may be hard this year to get Players to the NPDC in St. Cloud based off numbers but I would certainly say it was not for trying. Violette, Farrell, McLaughlin, and Massey all did well. S Farrell was very quick and was on a line with a sure bet U18 player in Rebecca Russo. McLaughlin Played with Danielle Marmer who should have gone to NDC last year, and was a top point getter this year. Violette played her usual playmaker role and was very visable. I thought Rutt and Strabley were very physical and should get strong consideration this year. Although neither scored, no one went by them standing up. The goalies were a different story. Drew did well considering it was her first time. I think the speed and talent caught her by surprise. This certainly wasn't something I think she had prepared for, but she adjusted well and by the end she was competeting.It certainly will give her something to build off for next year. JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Wed Mar 30th, 2011 12:01 am
[quote="HSHockey2008":dukrnv7u]I guess I'll get the conversation started. I'm not sure of the numbers that they are taking, but rumor has it that it will be 3 F, 2D & 1 G.
The forwards were tough only because there were 2 or 3 girls from NH in the mix.
My top forwards (in order).
Kara Violette
Katie McLaughlin
Shannon Farrell
Taylor Teixeira
Hannah Dineen
Lauren Massey
My top defense (in order).
Molly Strabley
Katherine Pate
Abby Rutt
Anne-Marie Provencal
My top goalies (in order).
Olivia Drew
Mariah Farrell
HS,You did well! I would tell you all Maine players in this list displayed their talents and were very visable. It may be hard this year to get Players to the NPDC in St. Cloud based off numbers but I would certainly say it was not for trying. Violette, Farrell, McLaughlin, and Massey all did well. S Farrell was very quick and was on a line with a sure bet U18 player in Rebecca Russo. McLaughlin Played with Danielle Marmer who should have gone to NDC last year, and was a top point getter this year. Violette played her usual playmaker role and was very visable. I thought Rutt and Strabley were very physical and should get strong consideration this year. Although neither scored, no one went by them standing up. The goalies were a different story. Drew did well considering it was her first time. I think the speed and talent caught her by surprise. This certainly wasn't something I think she had prepared for, but she adjusted well and by the end she was competeting.It certainly will give her something to build off for next year. JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote:dukrnv7u]What TM?You take a shot at Drew and mention nothing about the golden girl from NYA? Did your goalie not show up? I heard she didn't come to play at regionals. What is the story?
Posted by: Hockey4ME on Wed Mar 30th, 2011 10:03 am

What TM?
You take a shot at Drew and mention nothing about the golden girl from NYA? Did your goalie not show up? I heard she didn't come to play at regionals. What is the story?
Hey eye, I don't think TM took a shot at Drew, he just stated the obvious and I would have to agree. If you were there you would probably agree too (then again maybe not seeing how you never seem to agree with TM :lol: ).Let me clarify. I think Drew is a very good goalie, but may be lacking experience at the higher level. She struggled early on, but seemed to improve as she got used to the speed of the game. This is very evident by looking at her results from game to game. GA/game for DrewGame #1 vs White - 4Game #2 vs Red - 3Game #3 vs Gold - 2Game #4 vs White - 1Like TM, I'm not trying to knock her, but just stating the obvious. Oh and by the way, Farrell allowed a total of 3 goals in 4 games (second lowest GA amongst all 8 goalies).
on Fri Apr 1st, 2011 8:25 am
I agree with your list except the goalies. I think Rickett beat them both.
For real? I think of all the goalies there, she was the least impressive. And to say the system is unfair? Really? I bet you left the park alot with your ball when you werent picked on the good team. :roll:
Posted by: girlshockeydad on Fri Apr 1st, 2011 10:23 am
I think we are just going to disagree. I wish the very best for Drew and Marriah sincerely.