Girls Director Stepping Down

Posted by: hockeyman99 on Fri Oct 15th, 2010 7:42 am
There are several select girls programs in the state where a motivated girl can improve their skills and play with and against the best players in New England.
on Fri Oct 15th, 2010 8:52 am
There are several select girls programs in the state where a motivated girl can improve their skills and play with and against the best players in New England.
Select programs? For real? According to TM (is he/she really the authority in here on girls hockey? I think not) there are 4 programs. Casco, Biddeford, Central Maine, and Lewiston. I don't think any of them could be considered select. Do each one of those programs have the blessing of the state to be select? From what I have read in here there isn't much more than a few teir 2 playas on every team. Is there a single program that can go to PB and make a statement? I read in one post here that someone said there were 30 girls that went to Chowder cup and all should be considered teir 1 playas. Where are all these girls? Biddeford is supposed to have the strongest team, yet they can't score any goals and they can''t keep the pucks out of the net. How about starting a program like Vermont or Massachusetts or Conn?
Posted by: GirlsHockey2 on Fri Oct 15th, 2010 12:47 pm
[quote="hockeyman99":3p6c6i0s]There are several select girls programs in the state where a motivated girl can improve their skills and play with and against the best players in New England.
Select programs? For real? According to TM (is he/she really the authority in here on girls hockey? I think not) there are 4 programs. Casco, Biddeford, Central Maine, and Lewiston. I don't think any of them could be considered select. Do each one of those programs have the blessing of the state to be select? From what I have read in here there isn't much more than a few teir 2 playas on every team. Is there a single program that can go to PB and make a statement? I read in one post here that someone said there were 30 girls that went to Chowder cup and all should be considered teir 1 playas. Where are all these girls? Biddeford is supposed to have the strongest team, yet they can't score any goals and they can''t keep the pucks out of the net. How about starting a program like Vermont or Massachusetts or Conn?[/quote:3p6c6i0s]I may have to side with Eyecuplaya on this one. We are talking about Maine right? How can there be several select programs when there are only 4 programs with most only having teams at 1 or 2 age groups? And I believe very few would consider any of them select programs. Biddeford U19.....maybe, but the others......I think not. Saying that they can play with and against the best players in New England is a stretch. The Biddeford team plays in the NEGHL, but not in the top division. Lewiston plays in the Bay State League, a relatively weak league when compared to the NEGHL. I'm in no way trying to knock these teams and players, just saying that you should see it for what it is. Compare this to what Maine had 10 years ago and tell me how far we have come.
on Thu Oct 28th, 2010 1:11 pm
[quote="hockeyman99":24qle2sd]There are several select girls programs in the state where a motivated girl can improve their skills and play with and against the best players in New England.
Select programs? For real? ............................ How about starting a program like Vermont or Massachusetts or Conn?[/quote:24qle2sd]You hit the nail right on the head eyecuplaya. There are not enough girls playing hockey in Maine to have more than 1 Select team at each age group. Look at the roster for the Biddeford team. You have girls from 4 of the 5 regions playing on this team. If MEAHA is going to allow this, why not start a select program? At least this way it would be a legitimate Select program rather than a glorified regional team. Maybe girls would decide to stay and play on a Maine team rather than going to play on a Massachusetts team.Look at what has happened over the past 5-6 years. Some of the best players in the state (Salerno, Violette, Pate & Strabley) have gone to play for Assabet. What does this tell everyone coming up behind them? It's telling these younger girls that "if you want to be a good player, you need to go play outside of Maine". I'm not saying that I agree with this, but it is hard to argue this point when each of these girls have made it to National Development camp at least once. Salerno, Violette & Pate have all been playing for Assabet since they were 12 and have all made National Camp every year. Strabley made National Camp last year for the first time (her first year playing for Assabet).
Posted by: puckhog on Fri Nov 19th, 2010 8:49 am
[quote="hockeyman99":4evmzn7h]There are several select girls programs in the state where a motivated girl can improve their skills and play with and against the best players in New England.
Select programs? For real? According to TM (is he/she really the authority in here on girls hockey? I think not) there are 4 programs. Casco, Biddeford, Central Maine, and Lewiston. I don't think any of them could be considered select. Do each one of those programs have the blessing of the state to be select? From what I have read in here there isn't much more than a few teir 2 playas on every team. Is there a single program that can go to PB and make a statement? I read in one post here that someone said there were 30 girls that went to Chowder cup and all should be considered teir 1 playas. Where are all these girls? Biddeford is supposed to have the strongest team, yet they can't score any goals and they can''t keep the pucks out of the net. How about starting a program like Vermont or Massachusetts or Conn?[/quote:4evmzn7h]Wow four teams left. Why does cmyha only have one tam. That is a merger of Skowhegan, Winslow, Waterville hockey. There used to be a girls team in everyone of those associations. What happened to all the girls. Shoot I forgot, they needed them on their boys teams so they would have decent numbers there.
on Wed Dec 22nd, 2010 1:19 pm
So how many girls teams are there in the state? Biddeford - U19 teamGorham - ?Casco Bay - (3) House teams, U12 Travel, U14 Travel, U16/19 Travel ??Lewiston - U12, U14, U16 TravelAuburn - U16 HouseMCSA - U16?CMYHA - U16 TravelIs this all of them??
on Mon Mar 28th, 2011 1:49 pm
The scuttle butt down at festivals was that Meg MacDonald will be taking over for the girls on April 16thCan anyone confirm????JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: allsports4me on Thu Mar 31st, 2011 10:16 am
TMWhat, you don't have the inside scoop on this....omg or better yet they didn't ask you to be the director?How dare they.
on Mon May 9th, 2011 5:40 pm
Posted on the MEAHA website has director stepping down and Meghan McDonald taking over the duties as girls director. This should be a positive step forward. I think the new director will needs to be a very strong advocate for MAINE girls hockey.JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!