Judge's Decision

Posted by: circle6 on Tue Sep 14th, 2010 4:34 pm
Number One meaning of Sport from Dictionary.com;An athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc. Football, Cheering and Basketball can all be added to that list as could wheelchair racing. All meet the criteria to be called a sport.That is why it is listed on MBR under High School and amateur SportSpot of Tea or Cup of Tea, Abby?Obviously ,shadow boxing is not a sport anymore that when you are "hunting" for your garter belt is. Now try to be a good "Sport" for a change and admit you are in the wrong.
Posted by: CheerBabe on Tue Sep 14th, 2010 8:43 pm
I have been cheering since middle school. I am now in college (still cheering) and no way would I ever call cheering a sport, it is an activity, nothing more and nothing less. You do need to be athletic and put in a lot of practice, but in no way is it like baseball, football, basketball or any other sport. Cheering is a lot of fun and it has been a great activity for me to be involved in for the past eight years.
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Tue Sep 14th, 2010 10:05 pm
The dictionary and the law do not agree on everything.
Posted by: ClassDMom on Thu Sep 16th, 2010 11:08 am
Why would anyone even think that cheering is a sport? Cheering is cheering for your team to win. As far as the comps go they are like a dancing contest where they are judged for routines they don't score goals, runs or baskets. It is not a sport just a contest.ClassDMom
Posted by: circle6 on Thu Sep 16th, 2010 6:50 pm
Why would anyone even think that cheering is a sport? Cheering is cheering for your team to win. As far as the comps go they are like a dancing contest where they are judged for routines they don't score goals, runs or baskets. It is not a sport just a contest.
ClassDMom
One day Cheering will be an Olympic Sport. Maine is a very backward state with a lot of close minded people. 40 years ago overweight girls with pom poms singing on the sideline was not a competitive sport. Things have changed since then and people need to get out more!For christ sakes! Curling is an Olympic sport!
Posted by: Archer Bunker on Fri Sep 17th, 2010 11:42 pm
You are right Emma some day cheering will be an olympic sport just like some day guys will be allowed to marry guys, but that dosen't make it right. It's a sad world isn't it? Getting worse every day.ABArchibald Bunker
Posted by: CheerBabe on Fri Sep 24th, 2010 1:28 pm
Nice job Mr. Bunker. I guess you shut him up pretty good he hasn't responded in days.Anyone that would consider cheering to be a sport doesn't really know much about sports anyways.
Posted by: circle6 on Tue Oct 5th, 2010 8:35 am
Nice job Mr. Bunker. I guess you shut him up pretty good he hasn't responded in days.
Anyone that would consider cheering to be a sport doesn't really know much about sports anyways.
Anyone that would not consider cheering a sport obviously knows very little about anything.
Posted by: yougotrondod on Wed Nov 10th, 2010 8:16 am
:roll: