Rays or Twins?

Posted by: Minutemanalum94 on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 7:24 pm
As a Sox fan, who do people cheer for this weekend? Minnesota or Tampa Bay? Do you want the Sox to finish 1st in the AL East or win the wildcard?
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Sat Sep 20th, 2008 12:22 am
For Mexico or Cuba to raid St. Petersburg and get rid of both because they play in domes and therefore suck massive ass.
Posted by: baseketball on Sat Sep 20th, 2008 9:39 pm
There is no way the Twins are gonna catch the Sox for wild card so I say root for the Twins and give the Sox a better opportunity to win the division.Either way the Red Sox and Rays are both going to make the playoffs. The only real drama left in the AL is whether it is the White Sox or Twins who wins the AL Central.
on Sun Sep 21st, 2008 5:47 pm
I say forget both teams and get your rotation ready for the playoffs. They need to make sure Beckett, Lester and DiceK are rested and ready for games 1 - 3.Think of the people who had purchased tickets for the final series of the season vs the Yankees and they'll most likely be totally meaningless games.SFB
Posted by: baseketball on Mon Sep 22nd, 2008 7:30 am
I say forget both teams and get your rotation ready for the playoffs. They need to make sure Beckett, Lester and DiceK are rested and ready for games 1 - 3.
I agree with this!
Think of the people who had purchased tickets for the final series of the season vs the Yankees and they'll most likely be totally meaningless games.
SFB
One more Sox win or Yankees loss and they truly are meaningless!
on Mon Sep 22nd, 2008 9:00 am
One more Sox win or Yankees loss and they truly are meaningless!
Not quite....they may not be if the Rays lose to the Orioles this week...but I highly doubt it.SFB
Posted by: Redsoxwon7 on Sat Sep 27th, 2008 4:23 pm
The truth is I'd rather see the redsox get the wildcard so they only have to play the angels in the best of five series. The sox have enough good starters with experience that could lead them through that tough first series.