Game Discussion: Maine Men BB Vs. Vermont 1/9/19

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Game Discussion: Maine Men BB Vs. Vermont 1/9/19

Postby SMAA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Their record is something like 2-15 and one of those wins was against UMM. Can't get much worse than that. So there is only one way to go moving on up. I would say it's more than just a process, but I haven't been to a single game and I don't talk to any of the players or any of the coaches so that means I know nothing about them. I do know they can't be that good if they are 2-15. Good luck the rest of the season.
SMAA

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

mainejeff wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Guys...guys. This is just MBR schtick....a few posters using various aliases....most of them live in Southern Maine. We should be used to this by now! ;) It's all completely pathetic....but what else would you expect from angry old men? They are in the mold of Trump....without the billions. Give it a few years...many of them wll be 6 feet under. :o :)

"MJ": Agree with your post above. Does that include me as I live in Eastern Maine man???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I am certainly an old man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't refering to you Bob. We all know that you are going to live to 100+. ;)

'MJ'": Two thank yous for the sentence above. Hope you are right on number 2.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:49 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:Final
Vermont 73
UMO 49

CoachA Quote:

Well, way to live up to your name, Archie Bunker indeed. This program will be just fine as they continue to move forward. There are positive things going on in the men's program. (Like a very good GPA...that's grade point average for those who know nothing about college basketball and there's a lot on here who don't!) Yes, the record is not showing that but the games are. There is improvement and several of the games have been in overtime or a loss in single digits. Yes, in this immediate results world, the Archie Bunkers of the world have no patience. Trust the process...and have some patience and encouragement for these athletes and coaches.

Back in early January...........Right on Coach A ending just like you said.....Patience my man Patience.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby Archer Bunker » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:56 pm

CoachA wrote:archie bunker...
Did that make you feel better? So sick of listening to people on here who think they know what they're talking about. This program is a process right now. And it's key for players, coaches and even fans to understand this is a program that is in process. Patience. Trust. Encouragement.

Are we still in the process.....I've been very patient. I think I hit the nail on the head way back when the season started when I mentioned false hope, but everyone said I didn't know what I was talking about and some of you even predicted up to 8 conference wins. Well good luck next year.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby hoopsisme » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:59 am

Yagodin and Solomon being injured hurt badly. A knockout shooter and a solid defender, rebounder. Upside is that those 2 and Nedja are huge upgrades for 19-20.
hoopsisme

Postby billzfan34 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Other than literally being in the same league(AE) as Vermont,Maine is not even close to being in their league(Talent). A full step behind in every aspect. Lazy passes getting picked. Lay-ups being shot with no authority and getting pinned. Clunky foul shooting. Barron may turn this team around in a couple of years,and I think he will,but tonight is not looking good at all. 80ish-40ish if lucky.
billzfan34

Postby parquetfloor » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:53 pm

Please tell me you didn't think it would be anything different than that? I mean, even with Fleming they were going to lose by 20ish in Burlington.
parquetfloor

Postby billzfan34 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Not much different,no.Definitely a tall task with or without Fleming,but executing the little things correctly goes a long ways. You can't float a pass across court. You can't pass at people's feet or back. Anyone can practice free throw shooting almost anywhere to get above 50%,which is unacceptable in high school,let alone college. And attack the rim with a bit of passion and finish. Go down swinging. Let 'em know you are aren't just giving them the game because they are #1. I see a little bit more of a spark this half,but still see plenty to not be excited about.
billzfan34

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Well there was some improvement score wise. With Fleming Maine lost at home to VT 79-43 and lost on the road 86-63 and today at VT without Fleming only lose by 16 73-57. So they did cut their margin of defeat without their leader who made the second Team All-Conference and lead Maine in all offensive stats except foul shooting percentage.

Maine did a pretty good job in slowing the game down and shot the well for 3's and from the foul line. Vermont accepted the game pace and just had too much Lamb for Maine.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby dunbar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Binghamton upset Stony Brook down on the island tonight, 78-72.
dunbar

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics