Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

post info & talk all things boys basketball....

Re: Arrogant A$$hole Ainge

Postby MattyB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:41 am

MattyB wrote:Marcus Smart deal adds to Celtics’ stability: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celt ... _stability

"The Celtics appeared to be bidding against themselves as they renewed serious negotiations and agreed to a four-year, $52 million deal with Marcus Smart Thursday.

But they were willing to pass on a potentially bargain year of Smart at the qualifying offer of $6,053,719 to lock him up for multiple years and avoid a far more uncertain dance next summer when he could be an unrestricted free agent."

Also gives them a 12 million contract slot if any other trade gets down the road...AD (Unlikely); Giannis (Wouldn't be a shock), Devin Booker (I think he averages 60 points a game at the TD Garden. He could be like the basketball version of JD Martinez at Fenway). Also shows a little goodwill towards a player after they traded Isaiah last summer while he was hurt, which rubbed some players (and potential future free agent targets) the wrong way.
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby MattyB » Fri May 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Celtics’ Big Three of blame: Kyrie Irving, Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge

The epitaph for the underachieving and overconfident Celtics was offered by coach Brad Stevens following a five-game steamrolling by the Milwaukee Bucks: “I did a bad job.”

Stevens owned his failure, but he’s far from alone.

If they produced a documentary about this Celtics team it would be entitled: “I Did a Bad Job: The Story of the 2018-19 Boston Celtics.”

This was a complete franchise failure, and to borrow from Jaylen Brown’s clapback at Kyrie Irving, it starts from the top to the bottom. This basketball Chernobyl, a catastrophic meltdown, doesn’t happen without cascading failures and incorrect actions by multiple parties. Everyone from these Celtics can say they did a bad job. But if there is a Big Three of Blame, it’s Irving, Stevens, and Danny Ainge.

All of the greats in the NBA have dealt with failure. Larry Bird had to deal with the Celtics’ playoff ousters in 1982 and 1983. Magic Johnson was called “Tragic Johnson” when he struggled in the 1984 NBA Finals. It’s part of the process.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celt ... ost_Viewed
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
MaineSports.Net
MattyB

Postby Speed » Sun May 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Ainge always sees himself as the smartest man in the room...his arrogance and conceit is his weakness...it won't chanege, it's how he is wired...Ainge never walked by a mirror without gazing into it fondly
Speed

Postby refrider » Mon May 13, 2019 9:03 am

Speed, name one successful person with low self esteem! Cockiness, self confidence, whatever you want to call it, is the same reason he was a warrior and a winner when he played. Everybody loved him for that. Now you are calling it a detriment. HMMM
refrider

Postby augie » Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 am

Speed wrote:Ainge always sees himself as the smartest man in the room...his arrogance and conceit is his weakness...it won't chanege, it's how he is wired...Ainge never walked by a mirror without gazing into it fondly

Danny Ainge is living rent free in your head.
augie

Postby hoops88 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:15 am

The game has changed. Anyone open outside the arc needs to be available for a 45% 3-point attempt. If you don't have that you are giving up points on each possession. When the team starts shooting 35% with wide open shots, then it is a loss of confidence.

Kyrie forces a lot. He pushes his skills to the limit. But he is a much better defender in a modern NBA switching defense than a small guard like IT.

The Celtics in the post-season were like a small Maine high school team. One or two good players, but when the bench came in, it was like letting the JV players compete against the other team's Varsity B squad.
hoops88

Postby Speed » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 am

Fire the pompous self righteous ass...Kyrie was nothing but disaster....bkack hole of offense where ball movent stops...no character....forces shots....shoot first pass second point....terrible leader especially with young players...moody head case....blames rather than leads...Ainge mus judged Kyrie...not a Celtic...

Ainge treatment of IT poisons image of Boston showing lack of loyalty ...IT died for green and The Mormon discarded him like trash...this poisons image...example AD and AD father...they simply despised Boston...Boston in future will be anathema to free agents...

Ainge failed to act in mid season when it was clear Chemistry was poisoning team...

Ainge over rated Rozier another poor shoooting black hole ball hog with attitude issues...

Ainge so poisoned chemistry mix that team became a soap opera,drama,rather than basketball team...this turned off mature old pro Horford as atmosphere and Ainger failed negotiating drove old pro away....Celtics,will miss Horfirds steady presence far more than Kyrie's...

Ainger shafted another loyal C Baynes reinforcing image of disloyalty and jeopardizing attraction of future free agents...

Ainges plan to build Cs far too complicated to every work...it was like a Rube Goldberg machine...too many outcomes deoendent on other outcomes...the stars had to be aligned just right and they werent...

Several years ago i calked Ainge out for what he is a pompous arrogant xxxxxx...mist here were drinking the Danny Kool.Aide...but sadly i was right...

Wyc should fire Ainge and move on.....
Speed

Postby hoops88 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Things definitely got more difficult when you can't keep players like Horford. Now it is a young team, but you can't win unless you play good team ball.

I just don't understand how they make the ECF without Hayward and Irving in 2018, and then get bounced earlier when they have these all-stars in the lineup in 2019.
hoops88

Postby hoopsisme » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Let's sort a couple things out.
Hayward sustained a SIGNIFICANT injury . I am not convinced he is all the way back. Maybe he doesn't return to his previous level. With Kyrie at point, those around him weren't better.
Someone is going to pay horford well north of 100 million. Way too much. He isn't getting younger.
Boston got some bounces a year ago getting to the finals.
hoopsisme

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 pm

hoops88 wrote:Things definitely got more difficult when you can't keep players like Horford. Now it is a young team, but you can't win unless you play good team ball.

I just don't understand how they make the ECF without Hayward and Irving in 2018, and then get bounced earlier when they have these all-stars in the lineup in 2019.

"hoops88": I believe they had to play together in order to get to the 7th game of the Eastern Conference Finals. They seemed to let the game come to them instead of taking themselves to the game. They seemed to play the game more from the shoulders up, not from the shoulders down. They used passing not dribbling to get their shots.

They won more games past season 2018-19 when Irving did not play and lost more games when he did play. He controlled the ball to much with the dribble and going one on one. They certainly played better in the playoffs in 2018 then they did in 2019. Only difference was Irving and Hayward. However, I did not think Hayward was that much of a negative in 2018-19. Hope he is back to the way he did in 2017-18 with the Utah Jazz next year.

TOO MANY I's in KyrIe IrvIng's name and no I's in Gordon Hayward's name.

Also, very surprised that Ainge and Stevens didn't recognize and see the problem this past season and use
"John Wooden's coaches best friend the BENCH" when Irving didn't play the way he should have and the way that Ainge and Stevens wanted him to play. Meaning WE instead of I or US not ME.

Real bad decision to bring Irving in 2 years ago. Hayward was a good move

Just my opinion and being a Spurs fan and you see what happened to them when they lost their big 3 that lead them for 20 years of Duncan, Parker and Ginobli.

T-together E-everyone -A-accept M-merge that spells TEAM and defines TEAM.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to Basketball (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur