Barron assistants?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Barron assistants?

Postby 3baller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:24 am

Word on the street....duke11 may be on the short list. Stay tumed
3baller

Re: Barron assistants?

Postby duke11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am

Thanks for the thought! My coaching days are long over. I have an office that is close enough to see practice everyday, that’s good enough for me!
duke11

Postby 3baller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

duke11 wrote:Thanks for the thought! My coaching days are long over. I have an office that is close enough to see practice everyday, that’s good enough for me!

Geez and i thought i had some inside scoop!!! Oh well not the first time i have been wrong and probably not the last.. Maybe we can hash it over at some point with a pile of wings or maybe a Sub... :o :lol:
3baller

Postby duke11 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 am

I believe I know who you are referring to, but that is not me! I’m quite a few years older than him.
duke11

Postby Linguist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 am

Here is the link to the UMaine website and the UMaine Men's Basketball Coaches.

Bob Simon is the only other coach listed other than Richard Barron.

Anything to that or did they just not delete Simon yet?

http://www.goblackbears.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball

And with the announcement Steelman has resigned at Presbyterian could he be returning to UMaine to coach alongside Barron again?

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89809&SPID=10748&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211705714&DB_OEM_ID=18100
Linguist

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:58 pm

[quote="Linguist"]Here is the link to the UMaine website and the UMaine Men's Basketball Coaches.

Bob Simon is the only other coach listed other than Richard Barron.

Anything to that or did they just not delete Simon yet?

http://www.goblackbears.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball

And with the announcement Steelman has resigned at Presbyterian could he be returning to UMaine to coach alongside Barron again?

Linguist: If Bob Simon wishes to stay I would say that he would be a keeper with all of his experience as an assistant men's D-1 coach because he has to have good recruiting contacts and experience. With over 25 years assistant men's coaching experience mostly in D-1 programs he has to be the most qualified assistant coach to ever be hired as an assistant coach in either the Maine men's and women's basketball programs history.

Steelman would have no men recruiting contacts as a women's coach like Barron himself.
bcbc55

Postby bulldog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:05 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Steelman would have no men recruiting contacts as a women's coach like Barron himself.

Coach Cim...fully agree with the Steelman concern and a lack of contacts at the men's level. Do you know of any coaches that have contacts throughout the AAU circuit and are somehow connected to UMaine, through former play and coaching, that would possibly be willing to come to Maine as an assistant and possibly use it as a stepping stone for some larger gig?
bulldog

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 pm

bulldog wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Steelman would have no men recruiting contacts as a women's coach like Barron himself.

Coach Cim...fully agree with the Steelman concern and a lack of contacts at the men's level. Do you know of any coaches that have contacts throughout the AAU circuit and are somehow connected to UMaine, through former play and coaching, that would possibly be willing to come to Maine as an assistant and possibly use it as a stepping stone for some larger gig?

"bulldog": Don't know of any right off the bat. I'll have to think about that.

However, Tom Noelette owner and founder of MBR might know of some in the AAU circuit as he is familiar with that. Tom @ MBR was one of the Mainers that help start and promote AAU/MBR basketball in the early 90's and he knows as much about that circuit and it's coaches as anyone that I can think off.
bcbc55

Postby CoachA » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Relax, boys...Coach Barron has plenty of coaching contacts. He is excellent at networking the profession. And the coaching profession is both men and women. But the assistants will definitely have to be a good fit for Maine, Coach Barron and for a mediocre budget.
CoachA

Postby aechamps » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:17 pm

He just got his 2nd commit in 6'-8' (7'-3" wing span) shot blocker Jonathan Komagum from London.
aechamps

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics