First Assistant Coach Resume hits Barron's desk

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

First Assistant Coach Resume hits Barron's desk

Postby Manny99 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 pm

My Step-Uncle who is a custodian at Memorial Gym found this on a fax machine in the athletic office. He wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of this guy, seeing he says he is from Bangor and went to Husson.

BCBC55
Bangor, ME 04001 800-Lessons bcbc55@mbr.org
Objective
To Teach Life Lessons that can’t be taught in the classroom.
Skills & Abilities
Blogger, Arm Chair Quarterback, Criticizer of Coaches
Experience
• Coached from 1960 to 1977 and from 1984 to 2000….. Besides in the 29 years of coaching at the high school level it produced 2 undefeated 22-0 Class B state championships, 3 Class C State Championships, 1 State B runner up, 6 Eastern Maine Championships, 6 Eastern Maine runners-up and 12 Eastern Maine Final appearances and made the tournament 26 of the 29 years.
• I went into high school basketball coaching after playing in (elementary school, junior high school, high school, college and semi-pro basketball) for 29 years in high school, 3 years at the middle school level and 1 year at the freshmen level "TO TEACH THE LIFE LESSONS THAT CANNOT BE TAUGHT OR LEARNED IN THE HIGH SCHOOL's ACADEMIC CLASSROOMS".
Education
Husson College
Communication
I wanted to teach "life lessons" and the best way for me to do it in basketball coaching was using the slow, patient, disciplined ball control continuity offenses depending on how or what speed of slowness we played at was determined by the basketball and athletic talent we had available each and every season and no 2 seasons were ever the same.
Qualifications
I was the high school coach of the most highly recruited player in Maine history. He was a 6’7 point guard with a 7’3 wingspan. I’ll leave out the part that his Senior year at Maine his lost to Colby College twice and Bates College once.

References
Linguist, mainejeff, turkeyman, reffan
Manny99

Re: First Assistant Coach Resume hits Barron's desk

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Awesome! :lol:
mainejeff

Postby driveandive » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:40 pm

I was not aware "at home assistant" was an actual coaching position.
driveandive

Postby fafan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:45 pm

He would be our technical video personnel and game cap extraordinaire :lol:
Main responsibility would be too limit the three's and get the ball to the post :P
fafan

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 pm

fafan wrote:He would be our technical video personnel and game cap extraordinaire :lol:
Main responsibility would be too limit the three's and get the ball to the post :P

fafan: Odd, but those 2 things are what Coach Vachon has done with the women's teams 3 attempts are down from 42% of their FGA's to 32.3% a 10% reduction and the ball is going inside more to Tanesha Sutton on the post during this time frame where they have really come on strong especially in their last 5 consecutive games which were all wins..

These two improvement changes have made them a little more patient on offense and getting and taking higher percentage shots.

Really has made a big difference especially when the 3's aren't falling. 2 good moves by coach Vachon.
bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics