FILL THE CROSS FRIDAY!!

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: FILL THE CROSS FRIDAY!!

Postby turkeyman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Interesting what hoopsisme reported about UVM men, with a donor buying tournament tickets for the parents. If we still had boosters' organizations at UMaine, it would have been easy for the Friends of Maine Women's Basketball to scare up a few hundred bucks to buy tickets for parents and perhaps siblings of the players. But, we don't.

Bill, haven't seen you in several years. I'll look for you Friday at the Cross Center. I'm in Section 115, Row J, if you're anywhere near there.

Bob Neal
New Sharon
turkeyman

Postby coachr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Cim, I am touched by your kind words. I can tell you that all Parise cares about is the TEAM. This season has been special for so many reasons. Parise is blessed to be in the situation she is in. Too many people to thank. My family and I will be there Friday rooting for all the girls as they try to clear that last hurdle towards achieving a dream - March Madness! Thanks again, Bob. Not soon forgotten on my part!

Matt
coachr

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm

coachr wrote:Cim, I am touched by your kind words. I can tell you that all Parise cares about is the TEAM. This season has been special for so many reasons. Parise is blessed to be in the situation she is in. Too many people to thank. My family and I will be there Friday rooting for all the girls as they try to clear that last hurdle towards achieving a dream - March Madness! Thanks again, Bob. Not soon forgotten on my part!

Matt

Matt: I just could't go by this basketball season without letting you know how impressed I was all season with Parise, she was the highlight of my basketball watching the past 6 months.

She is my kind of player and Maine is lucky to have her especially with her having such a long road back to get to where she has and that is a great tribute to you and your wife and your family. When family cares, usually their children care and ranking you as a parent/family from 1 to 10 with ten being highest I would rank you all a NINE....................TEEN.

As excellent player and teammate Parise is, she is an even greater human being.

Good basketball things happens and comes to good basketball people who do the right things, at the right time, for the right reasons. As they say "There is no I in team, but if you switch that M upside down to a W we get WE.

Good luck Friday. I'll look for you in that crowd of over 4,500 on ESPNU. Wish I could be there, but I try to be coachable so I have to follow my Eye Doctor's coaching.

Yours in hoops,

CIM
bcbc55

Postby fafan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:10 pm

For those of you have procrastinated in buying your tickets you may very well be in luck with a getting a great seat. See section 103 and notice that the seats say Hartford. Those are obviously reserved for their fans and at some point they will be released for sale, notice only 3 have been sold. I am sure at some point UHartford must contact UMaine and say how many tickets they are taking. My best guess would be 24 hrs but keep checking and let's fill the Alfond!!!!

http://bit.ly/2HegKO1
fafan

Postby alumni1985 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31 pm

Highlights of the 1999 season to get you pumped for tomorrow's game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbFEYxGyiw
alumni1985

Postby countyballer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Hard for the kids to stay for the game when they aren't allowed to stay Friday night at the dorms.
countyballer

Postby CoachA » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I believe it would be illegal for any donor/booster to pay for parents tickets to a conference tournament.
CoachA

Postby hoopsisme » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Coach A. I kind of thought that same thing but it would seem that each player should get tix for parents. I will check it further. Wondering if just a UMaine deal or NCAA rule?
hoopsisme

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:02 am

Maine women's basketball, Vachon urging fans to 'Pack the Cross'

ORONO - While Amy Vachon has been preparing Maine for Hartford, she's also been doing her best to get fans to the Cross Insurance Center for the America East title game on Friday.

https://www.foxbangor.com/sports/local-sports
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby fafan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:18 am

Section 103 tix are available to purchase, MikeGorman got his, I think the Hartford section will have 8 fans, lets fill it with UMaine fans :lol:
http://bit.ly/2HegKO1
fafan

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics