FILL THE CROSS FRIDAY!!

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: FILL THE CROSS FRIDAY!!

Postby fafan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:45 pm

hoopsisme wrote:Thanks John for that info. Per usual the mbr posters filing judgements based on assumptions. Hope they don’t get jury duty or some innocent soul will be on death row!! Looking forward to Friday,

So we will have a side section for 200 students. Do we think this will be different than Arizona State and their curtain and stage that is opened with different costumed acts when the other team shoots FT's and keeps opponents under 70% ;) The students should been have under the basket like most schools do but lets be happy they are together at least.

I think if our students can work with the band to make more noise than usual we will be doing well...

By the way hoopisme your judgement and assumption that ALOT of tix had been sold Monday was inaccurate. Finally the four main sections are sold out104,105,115 and 116. Top of 117 was open and not sure why they are not selling tix for 103. Most of all the sections around the basket are available. Have to believe the 4pm start was tough for a lot of people. Agree with GOBlackBear that 4,000 seems like a good estimate with a good walkup crowd.
fafan

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Not an assumption on how many got sold. When tix were picked up I asked how many and 1000+ was what I was told. That did not factor in team comps, etc. Had I not asked that then would have been an assumption. I think 4000 plus is very attainable. Looking forward to a fun event. Go Bears!
hoopsisme

Postby dunbar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:37 pm

The Cross Center need some actual retractable seating on the open end. Look at what Binghamton has and do exactly that. I hate to model anything after something in Vestal, but what they have at the Events Center is exactly what needs to be put in.
dunbar

Postby turkeyman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:42 pm

There are no team comps this time, hoopsisme. I saw Courtney Anderson England at the ticket window. She had to buy tix for all in her circle except herself. Heard similar from others. So, announced attendance will come close to the actual attendance, assuming all season ticket holders buy for this game. And why wouldn't they?

Bob Neal
New Sharon
turkeyman

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:44 pm

Just out of curiousity I just called cic a few minutes ago. Lady said that what is left for tix are from 107 to 113 which is the bowl section. Some scattered elsewhere but the sides are pretty much gone. Would be great if the far end were closed in but most of the time it would not be needed. This crowd would need to crack 5400 before that would be needed. Gonna be a fun time!!
hoopsisme

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Bob
I had heard that the only comps were for the players families. Big crowd indeed
hoopsisme

Postby coachr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Hoopisme,

Trust me, there are no comps for this game, as I had to purchase tickets as well. Doesn't matter, though, because these girls deserve us spending whatever the cost to support them. Should be fun.

Matt Rossignol
coachr

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Matt
I wasn’t sure how that part would work. I have a good friend who is a big uvm supporter. He thought someone ponied up the money for the parents tix on the guys team. Wondering if it’s a school by school decision. Have fun being a dad and can Friday!! I will be there
Bill Libby
hoopsisme

Postby coachr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Bill, awesome to hear from you and hope all is well! Saw your daughter in Portland at the quarters and semis. Seems it was yesterday that Parise was playing in your tournaments in Waterville. See you Friday and go Black Bears!

Matt
coachr

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Matt: Your daughter has really played well and is a big reason why the Maine Women are where they are for this Friday at 4:00pm. Biggest shot of the season to me was her left corner three against Albany to give them the lead in that battle for first place.

Great to have a MAINE player who could have played herself into a starting role (in my humble basketball opinion) is still coming off the bench to give her team a big boost every time she enters the game. A rightly deserved Great award by the conference other coaches as the sixth player of the year.

Good luck to her and you and your family at the game. Can't be at the game as I have had Cataract surgery this week and have to lay low for a while but will be watching on screen.

Great to have something real positive to cheer for as far as basketball goes at UMaine, especially when a Maine high school former player like yourself really contributing to the success of the program.

Really impressed by Parise returning after a year off and working so hard to make a major, major team contribution to this program. What a great basketball story. You have every right to be so proud of her and the way she went about making such a great contribution to Maine basketball. Great example for other Maine high school players boys or girls.

What I really like is she taught a very important "Life Lesson" as a player not as a coach. She is a true Maine high school basketball very positive role model for all high schoolers and some college players to learn and follow.

Your friend in basketball.

CIM
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics