Aaron Calixte

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Aaron Calixte

Postby mainejeff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:40 am

It is to the benefit of everyone for Calixte to transfer. Hopefully, he gets an opportunity to hook up with a competitive program. Good luck to him!

As far as the other players go....there are only 5 players that I would like to see stay, but I'm not naming names.
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 am

I am not of the opinion that he is good enough to play at that caliber of school. They will have vacancies, but I don't think he's good enough. Just my opinion. Probably in the minority.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am

He’s never been taught to play D & has a tough time taking care of the ball...those are the 2 most important qualities for a guard playing for a P5 program.
mainejeff

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Aaron would do well as an instant offense off the bench guy at a CAA or MAC level school a slight step up from the America East. I could also see him succeed at an upper tier low major like: Iona, Bucknell etc. schools that consistently find their way into post season. Power 5...I'm not sure he would see consistent minutes?
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Aaron would do well as an instant offense off the bench guy at a CAA or MAC level school a slight step up from the America East. I could also see him succeed at an upper tier low major like: Iona, Bucknell etc. schools that consistently find their way into post season. Power 5...I'm not sure he would see consistent minutes?

BZ: Interesting, informative, relevant, timely, fair and excellent post per usual. Got me to thinking or trying to think.

Who besides Myers to South Carolina, Vann to VCU, Eke to Rider under Walsh Regime and Burnakowski to Colgate under Woodward regime have transferred from Maine to mid major or major programs and got much playing time? I can't think of any others but I am old, can you add to that short list.

Appreciate any help you can give me as at my age I can use all the help I can get!
bcbc55

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Xavier Pollard- Kent
Justin Edwards- Kansas St
Jon Gordon- Delaware
Tori Calvalari- St. Francis NY
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Xavier Pollard- Kent
Jon Gordon- Delaware

Blind Zebra: Ah, now I remember those names thanks to your help. I should have remembered Pollard and Edwards.

What about Ryan Bernstein?

Just saw where Danny Evans has joined Calixe in requesting to be released to transfer? Do you think there will some more?

I don't believe any of the red shirted players (White, Eze Dusan M or Ashley) will transfer as they would lose a year as that would give them only 3 years of the 5 to play if they go D-1. The JUCO's could go without losing a year just have to sit out next year (Lowndes, Araujo, Bryant) along with Fleming, Ilija S and frosh Antoms in the same situation as the JUCO's as they haven't red shirted.

Have I missed any active rostered players besides the other two freshmen, Wang and Rob B.?

Again, thanks for restoring my old memory.
bcbc55

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Whenever there is a coaching change there seem to be players on the move. I suspect there will be more transfers to come. Many players on this team are very loyal to Bob Walsh.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Whenever there is a coaching change there seem to be players on the move. I suspect there will be more transfers to come. Many players on this team are very loyal to Bob Walsh.

BZ: Thanks for the response and I agree with you. Maine has had enough transfer moves between the women and the men the past two years they would need the "Friendly Movers Company" to take them out if Maine ot Maine has more moves then Allied Vans".
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:26 am

Blind Zebra wrote:Xavier Pollard- Kent
Jon Gordon- Delaware

This little weasel played for Gianinni. It was his ridiculous transfer that led Coach G to give the famous speech that all coaches should repeat as necessary:

As soon as we get people out of here that don't want to be here and get people in here that do, the better off we'll be.
thebam

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics