Walsh out

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Walsh out

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Why is it that the successful women's players like Sigi, Liz Wood, Sophie, Mikela, Anna, etc. etc. stayed all 4 years and were so successful both in the classroom and on the court under Coach Barron's watch?? Please....
Blind Zebra
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainefan827 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Why is it that the successful women's players like Sigi, Liz Wood, Sophie, Mikela, Anna, etc. etc. stayed all 4 years and were so successful both in the classroom and on the court under Coach Barron's watch?? Please....


Because transferring out is no easy decision. They had each other and they had umaine which they all loved. It's not easy being foreign...ripped from your family and everything you know. They had one another and formed a deep bond. That's hard to leave. Plus it got progressively worse as the seasons went on. They didn't know how bad it was going to get. The worst year was last year when all the freshman left. Message any of them....they left because of him and only him.

Please. As IF he had anything to do with their classroom behaviors. They were self driven passionate individuals who came from schools where they were at the top of their classes.
mainefan827
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby fromthebench » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm

I just want to thank Maine "fan" 827 for deciding to join MBR today at 2:23 p.m. (a few minutes after the Barron hire) You've not only besmirched someone who is a quality person and has been successful and loyal to our state but also thrown every current Maine men's and women's basketball player ("they all hate him and told me so") right under the bus. If what you say is correct it's going to be very difficult for all involved to go to work tomorrow. Did the players give you permission to speak for them? Personally, I'd be pretty ticked if I said something in confidence to my "friends" and one of them ran off to tell the world. You've shown what kind of a person you are now go back to your parents basement and get a life.
fromthebench
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Like sands through the hour glass...
Blind Zebra
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainefan827 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 pm

fromthebench wrote:I just want to thank Maine "fan" 827 for deciding to join MBR today at 2:23 p.m. (a few minutes after the Barron hire) You've not only besmirched someone who is a quality person and has been successful and loyal to our state but also thrown every current Maine men's and women's basketball player ("they all hate him and told me so") right under the bus. If what you say is correct it's going to be very difficult for all involved to go to work tomorrow. Did the players give you permission to speak for them? Personally, I'd be pretty ticked if I said something in confidence to my "friends" and one of them ran off to tell the world. You've shown what kind of a person you are now go back to your parents basement and get a life.


:lol:
mainefan827
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby RForester » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:09 pm

mainefan827 wrote:
Blind Zebra wrote:Why is it that the successful women's players like Sigi, Liz Wood, Sophie, Mikela, Anna, etc. etc. stayed all 4 years and were so successful both in the classroom and on the court under Coach Barron's watch?? Please....


Because transferring out is no easy decision. They had each other and they had umaine which they all loved. It's not easy being foreign...ripped from your family and everything you know. They had one another and formed a deep bond. That's hard to leave. Plus it got progressively worse as the seasons went on. They didn't know how bad it was going to get. The worst year was last year when all the freshman left. Message any of them....they left because of him and only him.

Please. As IF he had anything to do with their classroom behaviors. They were self driven passionate individuals who came from schools where they were at the top of their classes.


What qualifies you as an insider and makes all of us outsiders? Are you a former player? Friends of players? Concerned parent? Superfan? Former trainer? Current trainer? BFFs with the student managers? Cousins with the best friend of the third cousin of one of the players?
RForester
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainefan827 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 pm

mainejeff wrote:This is SO very typical of MBR. Aliases are a dime a dozen on here...and so are anti-UMaine agendas.

A great big *YAWN*! :roll:


Would love to get you on the phone to really explain.
mainefan827
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainefan827 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm

RForester wrote:
mainefan827 wrote:
Blind Zebra wrote:Why is it that the successful women's players like Sigi, Liz Wood, Sophie, Mikela, Anna, etc. etc. stayed all 4 years and were so successful both in the classroom and on the court under Coach Barron's watch?? Please....


Because transferring out is no easy decision. They had each other and they had umaine which they all loved. It's not easy being foreign...ripped from your family and everything you know. They had one another and formed a deep bond. That's hard to leave. Plus it got progressively worse as the seasons went on. They didn't know how bad it was going to get. The worst year was last year when all the freshman left. Message any of them....they left because of him and only him.

Please. As IF he had anything to do with their classroom behaviors. They were self driven passionate individuals who came from schools where they were at the top of their classes.


What qualifies you as an insider and makes all of us outsiders? Are you a former player? Friends of players? Concerned parent? Superfan? Former trainer? Current trainer? BFFs with the student managers? Cousins with the best friend of the third cousin of one of the players?


Training room hears it all folks.
mainefan827
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainefan827 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 pm

mainejeff wrote:Obviously Barron didn’t kiss someone’s *ss! Most likely a parent or AAU coach of someone in Northern Mass...err “Southern Maine” that didn’t get recruited hard enough only so they could spurn his scholarship offer... ;) So much manufactured drama...but like everything here on Maine’s largest sports cesspool...this too shall pass.


Why would I be telling you to ask former players then? I don't give a shiz about their recruiting. I will tell you this though. Mark my words there will be almost ZERO transfers under Vachon.
mainefan827
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Walsh out

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Well I should hope so...they all transferred last season.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 14120
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcbc55, turkeyman and 57 guests