Vermont ends MBB season.. . 2018 AE Tournament

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Vermont ends MBB season.. . 2018 AE Tournament

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:42 am

Blind Zebra wrote:Maine is not going to get a proven D1 head coach for the salary they are willing to pay. The applicants will be D1 assistants and D2 & D3 head coaches.

There will not be any applicants. Richard Barron will be named the new head coach....maybe as early as today(?) ;)
mainejeff

Postby MaineRoots » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:14 am

That would certainly be a positive development.
However, I'd love to see him as the new AD. I know Barron said on the radio that he had no interest in being an administrator, but if he can be convinced to change his mind, Maine would be hiring a leader who is a winner, has worked at schools in major conferences, and might stick around for awhile. Then, we would put our faith in him to select the next MBB coach.
MaineRoots

Postby fafan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

MaineRoots wrote:That would certainly be a positive development.
However, I'd love to see him as the new AD. I know Barron said on the radio that he had no interest in being an administrator, but if he can be convinced to change his mind, Maine would be hiring a leader who is a winner, has worked at schools in major conferences, and might stick around for awhile. Then, we would put our faith in him to select the next MBB coach.

How about this, let's get him hired as the Men's Coach and get the program turned around, should take 2-4yrs and by then whoever we hired as AD will be ready to move on and we can let Barron take over then as AD ;)
fafan

Postby MaineRoots » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Wise idea, fafan.
Timely hire for recruiting and filling out a staff. And a succession plan for the top job. Let's do it.
MaineRoots

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics