Can Someone Explain This To Me?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me?

Postby mainejeff » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Huh....
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 pm

umaine67: Thanks for posting the information above on page 2 of this thread about me posting here on MBR that I couldn't get a media pass to the UMaine basketball games this season as one of the reasons I do/did not attend the games in person and that it wasn't true as I assumed and thought it was.

However, this also could possibily be a "your side, my side" situation as umaine67 is unidentified as is his sources and mine and that is the way it is going to stay on my side of this story..unidentified, but very creditable.

However, I possibly could have misunderstood or misinterpreted also.

Seeing that I am the only person named by his real name here on this MBR thread in this situation, if what umaine67 posted is true and I have no reason to believe it isn't even if it was from unnamed sources.

Regardless of why I thought I was refused a media pass it was I who posted it on MBR and nobody else, so, it is/was completely my fault as I was the one who posted it, whether it was true or not true.

So let me post again...If true, regardless of who did or who didn't I am willing to take the complete and full blame of this misunderstanding because I posted it here on MBR.

I assumed something that at my age I should not have and certainly should have known better to post it without further investigation on my part.

BY ASSUMING SOMETHING I SHOULDN'T HAVE I CERTAINLY MADE THAT OLD SAYING COME TRUE OF WHAT THE WORD ASSUMED MEANS SPELLING IT OUT WISE. Making an ... of ... and ME AND ME ALONE IN THIS SITUATION. 'I CERTAINLY MADE ONE OF MYSELF AND MYSELF ALONE".

If true I sincerely want to apologize to the University of Maine, the athletic department and especially the sports information department office about my big mistake right here where I made it on MBR.

I also wish to apologize to all the MBRers, guests and owner Tom@MBR for misinforming them and say that I am very sorry to all involved.

I want to thank umaine67 again for taking the time and interest to correct an error and mistake that I made in posting here on MBR that was one of the several reasons why I didn't attend UMaine BB games this season when I was asked why I didn't attend games here on MBR.

This situation I created certainly proves that you can learn a lesson at any age, even at a very old age.

Again, I cannot apologize enough to all involved and am thankful and appreciative that the UMaine Sports Information Department Office is willing to give me a pass on request, especially after my mistake. That is, if I am still around because of my age and am still writing my column and BLOG then I could well request one for next basketball season.

This has been a very humbling experience for this senior citizen who should have checked into this situation before posting it here on MBR, especially when a lot of people here on MBR know who bcbc55 really is.......an a truly embarrassed, sorry, and apologetic bcbc55 who is more than willing to admit if he is wrong and take the heat for it.

I do hope that everyone who read my supposedly incorrect statement gets to read this post to correct one of my reasons why I didn't attend UMaine home Basketball games was because I couldn't get a media pass so they know whose fault it really was, mine and mine alone.

I will end with this quote. "We all make mistakes and that is why my pencil always seems to eventually rip the paper when I am trying to erase them".

Bob Cimbollek
bcbc55

Postby dunbar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 pm

So are you going to get a media credential or not? The effort you put into all the blabber above could’ve been spent on calling the SID and getting a pass for the three home games left.

The hypothetical image of Bob sitting at press row is very amusing.
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm

dunbar wrote:So are you going to get a media credential or not? The effort you put into all the blabber above could’ve been spent on calling the SID and getting a pass for the three home games left.

dunbar: Glad you find most of my post was just blabber.

NO, Not for this year as there other reasons why I don't choose to attend besides not having a press-media pass.

I see all I want to on line. Hey, I did attend the UMaine Men-Husson and St. Joe's pre-season exhibition games and the women's pre-season tourney at the PIT and their loss in the exhibition game at the CIC and I paid for all of those pre-season game and saw all I wanted to in person in pre-season.

The basketball over all in the America East women's conference level of play is really down except for Maine and Albany.

Watching the men on line is bad enough I don't have to go in person to watch them whether I pay for the games or don't pay for the games.

Besides that both teams and many of the teams that they play this year "live and die by the three" and that to me is not good basketball. Free or paid I'll stay home to watch 3 point shooting contests.

Still enjoy your sense of humor though dunbar. Good post above.

Glad you find hummer in me sitting at press row. I might choose to sit some where else or am I required to sit at the press table if I had a press media pass?
bcbc55

Postby dunbar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Then go watch Vermont play in two weeks. They're well worth the "effort" it takes to get to the building in person.
dunbar

Postby MaineBBFan99 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:53 pm

The basketball over all in the America East women's conference level of play is really down except for Maine and Albany.

On what do you base this statement?
MaineBBFan99

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 pm

MaineBBFan99 wrote:

On what do you base this statement?

MaaineBBFan99: Watching the UMaine women's team's games on line, and looking at all the America East Conference games statistics and Realtimerpi.com's RPI and SOS team and conference rankings.

Also, because Maine was projected to finish 6th and they are tied for first and they do not have a Sigi Koziar to run the team. Think how good Maine would be this year with her at point guard or at wing-guard.

Maine has some glaring weakness. Over use of the 3 point shot, no inside game to speak off, no inside-outside game to speak of either or dribble penetration to get better shot selection especially for threes and they don't get to the foul line enough because they don't go inside enough. Also not impressed by team stats on assists to baskets made by Maine or the other AE teams either.

Also have not been impressed by the coaching of the other 7 teams as none took advantage of posting up mismatches on Saar because of her height. Not many AE teams have pressed them full court to run and jump at Saar. Look at the 28 turnovers in the game they won last week against full court pressure.

Also Maine has played much more man to man defense and nobody in AE has really gone inside on them as they have a small overall lineup in the 7 players that play.

I think that Maine has gotten by as they are better coached then the other 7 AE teams except for Albany.

Those are my reasons along with the conference being ranked 20th of the 32 D-1 conferences in RPI and 24th in SOS (strength of schedule). Maine and Albany only teams in top 100 in both rankings.

There are there enough reasons why I feel that AE is down overall except for Maine and Albany?
Last edited by bcbc55 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 am

So are you going to get a media credential or not? The effort you put into all the blabber above could’ve been spent on calling the SID and getting a pass for the three home games left.

Hey Dunbar:

How about cutting the old guy some slack. You should learn to respect your elders for a change. All I can say is the Mens basketball season will be over soon enough, and hopefully we bring in a new coach.

It has been four very long unforunate years for the Mens Basketball program.

Hopefully Karlton Creech makes a terrific hire if there is one out there...Lets hope for better basketball times...
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 am

basketball_guy wrote:So are you going to get a media credential or not? The effort you put into all the blabber above could’ve been spent on calling the SID and getting a pass for the three home games left.

Hey Dunbar:

How about cutting the old guy some slack. You should learn to respect your elders for a change. All I can say is the Mens basketball season will be over soon enough, and hopefully we bring in a new coach.

It has been four very long unforunate years for the Mens Basketball program.

Hopefully Karlton Creech makes a terrific hire if there is one out there...Lets hope for better basketball times...

basketball_guy: Thanks for the support. I know dunbar and his dad personally so I can take his good natured ribbings in good humor. I don't take his humor personally. Actually he has some good lines compared to some of the other baloney I have to put up with here on MBR when some people here on MBR don't agree with me. At least dunbar usually does it with humor.

Again, though thanks for the needed support overall. Appreciate it really.
bcbc55

Postby Linguist » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 am

I do have a question here bcbc55,

You state you've coached in the past, and played in the past. Yet you are basing your opinions on the teams based on what you saw in the preseason. Have you never coached a team or played on a team that improved from the preseason or did your teams always reach their full potential and peak in the first week of preseason?

I would argue Dor Saar is a legit point guard and is providing exactly what this team needs right now.

But you would say something about her height and she should be posted up.

I would counter that with Maine's help side defense being as strong as it is, Maine can cover her being on the post defensively and it actually would be a negative for the opposition because now your point guard and lead defensive player is out of position as Maine counters the other way.

You would say I didn't see it in their preseason game.

And I would say teams grow and change and develop as the year moves along.

Sure this year is not probably worth you getting a media pass, but it appears as there is no excuse other than personal preference to not getting one next season.
Linguist

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics