MBB: Second-half defense propels UNH 71-56

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MBB at University of New Hampshire Feb 8, 7pm

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Linguist wrote:
thebam wrote:This is some bad basketball. Good lord. Quite seriously.. if Maine makes a change of Head Coach after this season , I don't even care if every player on this roster transfers out. There isn't a player on this team worth a damn. Total garbage. There are High School teams in Maine that could beat this group of misfits. What a total embarrassment , not only to Maine but to the game of basketball. Disgusted beyond words.

I disagree.

Isaiah White is a keeper, he is a 6'5" wing player who can shoot, get to the rim, and defend. Please don't transfer.

I love Danny Evans, another 6'5' player who defends multiple positions, and can shoot and score. Some how ends up in the dog house. Please don't transfer.

Vernon Lowndes, Junior, another 6'5" player can defend, rebound and shoot. Please don't transfer.

Trae Bryant, a 6'1" point guard who looked good before his injury, please don't transfer.

I think Vince Eze is an America East contributor, and with his size and development during the last couple of years he can provide solid play defensively and on the boards in the middle. He's not an A10 player, but he can go at this level.

Fleming can stick around as a nice 4th option, if he wants to work hard.

Araujo is a decent back up to Bryant, Miks Antoms is going to be a solid role player and backup.

Other than that. Wipe it clean

Lindquist: I can agree with you 100%. These players are keepers for Maine. It wasn't the talent that caused Maine's problems the past 16-94 3 plus losing seasons versus D-1 competition.

They had good talent before all of the transfers occurred the past two springs.

In fact, the 11 transfers and the 2 coaches that left the past two years would probably beat this Maine team if it had the current coaching staff was coaching this years team and the two coaches that left coaching the 11 transfers.

Yes, the 11 players transferring made the move to transfer. But why did they transfer is the real question?
bcbc55

Re: MBB: Second-half defense propels UNH 71-56

Postby Blind Zebra » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 am

Coach Cim, what do you think about EL junior forward Wol Maiwen?
Do you think he could develop into a D1 player down the road? Obviously, he needs to get bigger and stronger, but in terms of raw athleticism and defensive instincts, I really like him.
Blind Zebra

Re: MBB: Second-half defense propels UNH 71-56

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Coach Cim, what do you think about EL junior forward Wol Maiwen?
Do you think he could develop into a D1 player down the road? Obviously, he needs to get bigger and stronger, but in terms of raw athleticism and defensive instincts, I really like him.

Blind Zebra: He has really improved since I saw him last year against Bangor compared to this year when I saw him last week. A year of prep school and he could be a strong D-1 low major player.

Like you said needs to get bigger and stronger, but has great explosiveness in his legs.Good shooter and an aggressive player. Outstanding rebounder on both boards really gets after it and knows how to block shots by letting ball leave shooters hands before he attempts to block the shot, thus he doesn't get many fouls called on blocking shots..

With a year of prep after high school could develop into a good solid impact player by his sophomore year at a low major D-1 school. Would really would be a good prospect for Maine as he is as an explosive and all around athletic player then Maine has right now.

He and Moss would be good signees for Maine, but with the coaching situation up in the air it will be hard to figure who recruits who and when.

Good observation and evaluation of talent BZ. I like him a lot too.

A year of prep and he will get offers a lot higher then UMaine.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics