WBB holds off Hartford for seventh straight victory

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WBB holds off Hartford for seventh straight victory

Postby mainejeff » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 am

dunbar wrote:Women's crowds have sucked this year. No energy, almost like they feel like its a crime to make noise and/or stand up. It sucks the energy out of the building.

Put this into perspective:

There's only one thing that gets these people off their butts. I tap off the Stein Song with 24 seconds to go in a one point game, just to see if that gets them up. No reaction whatsoever. Shameful. Might as well play in an empty arena.

When men's games are more lively while the building is considerably more empty, that's a real problem.

It's weird because last season had some pretty good crowds. They weren't real loud but they were better than this season. Is it the Barron effect? The transfers? People getting tired of being perennial bridesmaids to Albany? A sparse & horrible home schedule? Or all of the above?

Hopefully fans will turn out to support the men's program when Barron becomes head coach....
mainejeff

Postby Blind Zebra » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:15 pm

I would love to see Barron take over the men's program. He has the clout to push the University to invest in that program. Would they actually make the investment though?? He has the coaching acumen to make the switch. Would be a great move for both parties in my opinion.
Blind Zebra

Postby fafan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:I would love to see Barron take over the men's program. He has the clout to push the University to invest in that program. Would they actually make the investment though?? He has the coaching acumen to make the switch. Would be a great move for both parties in my opinion.

This would be the best news for the men's program in a long time ;)
fafan

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics