Find Coach Walsh's Blogs interesting, informative & Valuable

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Find Coach Walsh's Blogs interesting, informative & Valuable

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 pm

I have enjoyed Coach Bob Walsh's Blogs ever since he has been at Maine since 2014. I have stated several times here on MBR that I like his own written blogs over the ones he gets and posts from other sources and then posts. I was giving him a compliment when I said that if he could get his team to play as well as he BLOGS they could be in contention for a AE title he posts are that well written and it was not a shot at him as someone on MBR posted.

I also never, ever posted that Coach Walsh did not write his own Blogs as this same someone here on MBR accused me off. That was an out and out lie.

I have always said that I enjoyed his own written blogs more than I did in the posts he posted on his blog from other sources.

His blogs are usually timely, interesting, informative, relevant, and easy to read and understand.

If he does not get rehired I hope I can find his Blog where ever he turns up so I can read his BLOGS.

Maine high school and middle school coaches would gain from reading Coach Walsh's Blogs. I wish they were available when I was coaching as they would have helped me become a better coach as it would in many cases reinforced what I was doing myself as a coach along with some different methods to try to employ.

P.S. I have also been accused of being a possible stalker by this same someone who also has called me an armchair no nothing. However, I will not ever respond to his posts responses to my posts directly again.

"Sticks and Stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me". However, this person has a personal vendetta against me and hides behind a user name and I will not give this so called D-1 basketball expert the satisfaction of directly responding to his post responds toor about me. I will do it only if I find it necessary like I did in this post when he accused me saying that Coach Walsh didn't write his own BLOGS.
bcbc55

Re: Find Coach Walsh's Blogs interesting, informative & Valu

Postby Maine19Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:56 am

Is bcbc55 operating in fantasy land?

Here's one comment from him on Walsh's blog work: "I have always enjoyed his BLOGS especially the ones he writes himself."

Is that NOT accusing Walsh of NOT writing his own blog items?

And, even within his post in this thread 55 writes: "never, ever posted that Coach Wash did not write his own Blogs: "I enjoyed his own written blogs more than I did (the ones) he posted on his blog from other sources."
So, once again, 55 is accusing Walsh of not writing his own blogs.
He accuses Walsh, basically, of plagiarizing the work of others.

There's no personal vendetta against anyone here. The disagreements center entirely around the poster's continued postings of statistics without perspective, of theories that have no chance of working (a team of primarily Maine players), general commentary about college basketball any semi-intelligent reader recognizing as having no basis in reality, and an antiquated view of the sport that went out of style in the 1950's.

Oh, and he claims that "h.s. and middle school coaches would gain from reading Coach Walsh's blogs."
Yet, there's this from another posting: "I do not agree with the philosophy of (Walsh's) BLOG.
Maine19Fan

Postby basketball_guy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 am

Coach Walsh may be a great blogger, but his tenure at UMAINE has just been god awful.
I wish him well once he is gone from UMAINE but we all need someone at UMAINE who knows
how to win basketball games at the Division 1 level, irrespective of the talent level and a Coach
who can Coach these kids up.

Clearly his blogs while interesting, do not address the underlying issues with his ability to Coach at
the Division 1 level. It just is not there. The sooner he moves on the better for everyone concerned with
the UMAINE basketball program.
basketball_guy

Postby Maine19Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 am

basketball_guy: Anyone would feel the same way about a coach with Walsh's record.
Yes, a change is going to happen.

But, Maine's woes of recent years are more about the talent on its roster than Walsh's ability to "coach."

That said, part of coaching is being able to bring in talent, and the relative inability to do that is on Walsh.

There has to be some way to get talent to come to Maine. Any suggestions?

Elsewhere, teams might be able to convince some "local" talent to stay home.
Not in Maine, as has been proven over and over that there just isn't any real D1 talent coming out of Maine.

The other thing is that out-of-state talent doesn't want to come to Maine's winter-wonderland location in the middle of nowhere. Not if they have other options to play for better programs, for schools at better locations, etc.

Best of luck to whoever coaches here. There are no easy answers.

That said, the change won't happen until the end of the season. And, the next coach isn't going to be Simon or Markwood.
Maine19Fan

Postby basketball_guy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:07 pm

You guys have been concentrating on the high school talent in the State of Maine
instead of looking at the top basketball talent in New England. New England Prep
Schools are the top recruiting schools in the country for basketball talent. I don't see
Maine getting any of these kids but I see Stony Brook, Elon, Albany, UMASS Lowell,
Bryant and Rhode Island getting some of the top talent in the NEPSAC year in and year
out. That is where Maines next Head Coach has got to start recruting and hitting these
NEPSAC schools hard. There are over 250 Prep Schools in New England. No reason why
UMAINE basketball can not get some of these kids. UMAINE used to get a lot of kids from
MCI in Pittsfield before they dropped the Prep School basketball program in favor of playing
local high schools in Maine. There is no excuse for Walsh. He was the wrong Coach at the start.
I hope that this time around they bring in some Division 1 former players on the committee and
perhaps even bring in the Head Coach of Maine Red Claws to help them evaluate a potential New
Basketball Coach who can see thru the bullshit....apparently that did not happen four years ago.
Also, they are going to need to increase the Salary of the next Head Coach. UMAINE can not settle
for a former Division 3 basketball coach who meets their Salary Requirements and that does fall on
the AD and the funding for the basketball program which has to be increased, really before they even
start interviewing for a new Coach. They can increase the salary and get some one pretty good.

New England Class of 2018
Updated: November 18, 2017
Ranking Recruit Class Height High School Committed School
1 Simisola Shittu 2018 6'9" Vermont Academy Vanderbilt
2 Cole Swider 2018 6'8" St. Andrew’s School Villanova
3 Cormac Ryan 2018 6'5" Milton Academy Stanford
4 Nate Laszewski 2018 6'9" Northfield Mount Hermon Notre Dame
5 A.J. Reeves 2018 6'5" Brimmer and May Providence
6 David Duke 2018 6'4" Cushing Academy Providence
7 Marcus Zegarowski 2018 6'1" Tilton School Creighton
8 Anthony Nelson 2018 6'4" South Kent School Seton Hall
9 Chris Doherty 2018 6'7" Marlborough HS Notre Dame
10 Dana Tate 2018 6'6" MacDuffie School Rhode Island
11 Lukas Kisunas 2018 6'10" Brewster Academy UConn
12 Nate Roberts 2018 6'10" Brewster Academy Washington
13 Ethan Wright 2018 6'2" Newton North HS Princeton
14 Chuck Hannah 2018 6'6" Northfield Mount Hermon Elon
15 Philmon Gebrewhit 2018 6'6" Holderness School
16 Shandon Brown 2018 5'9" New Hampton George Washington
17 Dalano Banton 2018 6'6" Redemption Christian Western Kentucky
18 David Mitchell 2018 6'5" Belmont Hill School Brown
19 Nelson Boachie-Yiadom 2018 6'9" Loomis Chaffee Davidson
20 Malachi de Sousa 2018 6'6" South Kent School Albany
21 Thomas Shaughnessy 2018 6'0" Needham HS Brown
22 Alex Rivera 2018 5'11" Lowell HS UMass Lowell
23 Jose Perez 2018 6'5" Putnam Science Acad.
24 Jakigh Dottin 2018 6'1" Woodstock Academy Towson
25 Tayler Mattos 2018 6'10" Kearsarge HS
26 Eze Dike 2018 6'1" Kimball Union Academy Yale
27 Nick Timberlake 2018 6'3" Kimball Union Academy
28 Davis Franks 2018 6'7" Northfield Mount Hermon Brown
29 Travell Washington 2018 6'8" Lawrence Academy
30 Calvin Whipple 2018 6'3" Northfield Mount Hermon Fairfield
31 Patrick Harding 2018 6'8" Suffield Academy Bryant
32 Alex Christie 2018 6'11" MacDuffie School Stony Brook
33 Max Zegarowski 2018 6'7" Tilton School
34 Kai Toews 2018 6'1" Northfield Mount Hermon UNC Wilmington
35 Joey Kasperzyk 2018 6'2" Woodstock Academy
36 Bryce Daley 2018 6'3" Salisbury School UMass Lowell
37 Keigan Kerby 2018 6'7" Brooks School
38 Jovan Jones 2018 6'5" Belmont Hill School Williams
39 Tommy ONeil 2018 6'7" St. John’s Prep
40 Jarred Houston 2018 6'10" Beaver Country Day
41 Cantavio Dutreil 2018 6'7" Trinity Catholic HS
42 Martin Mann 2018 6'7" Lawrence Academy
43 Duncan LeXander 2018 6'8" Williston Northampton Charleston Southern
44 Raheem Solomon 2018 6'2" Sacred Heart HS
45 Tyler Bourne 2018 5'7" Notre Dame-Fairfield
46 Maurice Works 2018 5'9" Tech Boston
47 Nadir Dixon-Thompson 2018 6'9" Master’s School
48 Matt Verretto 2018 6'7" East Catholic HS
49 Chaylyn Martin 2018 6'2" Woodstock Academy Sacred Heart
50 Terion Moss 2018 5'10" Portland HS
51 Justin Connolly 2018 6'7" Brooks School Merrimack
52 Tyler Thomas 2018 6'4" Amity HS
53 Sean Conway 2018 6'4" Fairfield Warde
54 Ronnie Silva 2018 5'8" Bradford Christian Adelphi
55 Sebastijan Skoko 2018 6'1" Vermont Academy
56 Tyrone Weeks 2018 6'4" Bishop Hendricken HS
57 E.J. Dambreville 2018 6'3" Woodstock Academy Florida Southern
58 Abdul Ajia 2018 6'5" Bradford Christian
59 Ben Eckstrom 2018 6'6" Phillips Exeter Academy
60 Caden Dumas 2018 6'6" Choate Rosemary Hall Princeton (football)
basketball_guy

Postby MaineRoots » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:Is bcbc55 operating in fantasy land?

Here's one comment from him on Walsh's blog work: "I have always enjoyed his BLOGS especially the ones he writes himself."

And, even within his post in this thread 55 writes: "never, ever posted that Coach Wash did not write his own Blogs: "I enjoyed his own written blogs more than I did (the ones) he posted on his blog from other sources."

Cim is not accusing Walsh of plagiarizing.
Have you ever looked at Coach Walsh's blog?
MaineRoots

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Some of Coach Walsh's blogs that he writes himself are the ones that I enjoy and find the most interesting. I have stated that several times. Those that are taken from other sources and put on his Blog I don't like any where near as much as I like his.

Taking posts or articles from other sources is not Plaiairizing as Webster' defines it as "to take ideas writings, etc.from (another) and pass them off as one's own" and that is no different from print media taking stories from other sources and printing them word for word. Coach Walsh is not taking credit for those other source articles he is just posting them on his blog like many other bloggers, print news outlets do at times and he gives complete credit to the author of the other sources. He does not claim that the other source articles that he posts are his.

Regardless of what Walsh's teams are doing won-lost wise his written articles are interesting, informative, timely, relevant and can be helpful for any coach at any level if they take the time to read them.

i may not agree with Coach Walsh's D-3 coaching philosophy for D-1 basketball but that does not mean that if I were coaching today that some of his writings would either reinforce what I was doing as a coach or if different give me something to think about.

I am certainly not or ever have accused coach Walsh of plagiarizing as someone has stated so that I am and have several times in my Blogs or posts. That is just playing with words to satisfy someone's desire to dump on me again.

I will not give this someone the satisfaction of even using his user name about his so called accusations that are on Coach Walsh's blog when they are just posts from other sources that is done everyday by media print all over the country.

I am only responding to this becuse I do not like to be accused as a liar when the liar is the accuser that is just playing wth words. and also not having the guts to use his real name when making such a deorgatory claim.

I will leave it to the MBR readers to decide this one.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:03 pm

MaineRoots wrote:
Maine19Fan wrote:Is bcbc55 operating in fantasy land?

Cim is not accusing Walsh of plagiarizing.
Have you ever looked at Coach Walsh's blog?

MaineRoots: Thanks for the truthful support for telling the truth about the so called basketball expert here on MBR.

He doesn't need to read coach Walsh's blogs as he knows everything about D-1 basketball, if anyone doesn't think so just post something about D-1 basketball that this great someone doesn't agree with.

I have posted I would not respond to any of his post responses to any of my posts, but when I am accused of being a liar by a person hiding behind a user name then I wil respond but I will not even use his user name as everyone here on MBR knows the users name..user name.

Thanks again for the support as it is greatly appreciated.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:33 pm

Your own words indicate that Walsh doesn't write some of his own blogs.
So, who's the liar, 55?
Maine19Fan

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Maine19Fan and Coach Cim.... This is getting old ...

Maine19Fan.. STOP nit picking Bob's words, if you disagree with him, make the general point without personal attacks.. thx

Coach Cim.. I am always appreciative of having your experiences shared with us on MBR . please don't comment about his jabs from this point on... thx
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics