Jack Cosgrove new Coach of Colby

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Jack Cosgrove new Coach of Colby

Postby MaineRoots » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:17 pm

We should all say, "Congratulations" to Coach Coz and thank him for his contributions to the University of Maine. Furthermore, in his 30 plus years in Orono, he promoted the state of Maine and the Black Bears with genuine pride. And ask anyone who worked in the Athletic Department, from facilities, SIDs, to game day employees, he treated everyone with respect, myself included.
MaineRoots

Postby mainejeff » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

MaineRoots wrote:We should all say, "Congratulations" to Coach Coz and thank him for his contributions to the University of Maine. Furthermore, in his 30 plus years in Orono, he promoted the state of Maine and the Black Bears with genuine pride. And ask anyone who worked in the Athletic Department, from facilities, SIDs, to game day employees, he treated everyone with respect, myself included.

How many times do we have to say congrats to the guy? :roll: Man people in Maine have low expectations. Maybe he should run for governor! :roll: :|
mainejeff

Postby MaineRoots » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:22 pm

mainejeff wrote: How many times do we have to say congrats to the guy? :roll: Man people in Maine have low expectations. Maybe he should run for governor! :roll: :|

We don't have to say "congrats" forever, but the negativity directed at Cosgrove is astounding. Mainers don't have low expectations, they're simply realists.
I don't believe most coaches could do much better. Unless you think Orono is a hotbed of talent and an attractive place to spend your college years. We've been over this 100s of times. It is a pipe dream to think Orono can consistently compete with the best of the best and win championships in football.

It's the complete negativity, even vitriol about Cosgrove that is ridiculous.

Here the facts:
He was 129-135. 90-97 in conference.
5 playoff appearances from 2001-2015. 1-4 in the playoffs.
3 conference championships.
Combine this with professional behavior, lack of scandals, community involvement. Not Nick Saban, but Orono could do a lot worse.
MaineRoots

Postby mainejeff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:58 am

MaineRoots wrote:We don't have to say "congrats" forever, but the negativity directed at Cosgrove is astounding. Mainers don't have low expectations, they're simply realists.

Believe me...Mainers have low expectations. The "realist" thing is an excuse for laziness. Mainers expend a lot of energy on negativity...but not so much energy on changing the things that they whine & complain about.
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:14 pm

mainejeff wrote:
MaineRoots wrote:We should all say, "Congratulations" to Coach Coz and thank him for his contributions to the University of Maine. Furthermore, in his 30 plus years in Orono, he promoted the state of Maine and the Black Bears with genuine pride. And ask anyone who worked in the Athletic Department, from facilities, SIDs, to game day employees, he treated everyone with respect, myself included.

How many times do we have to say congrats to the guy? :roll: Man people in Maine have low expectations. Maybe he should run for governor! :roll: :|

Plus-10 for MaineRoots !!! Minus-10 for you mj.
mj - You have obviously been having a bad few weeks bsed on the vitriole in your posts. Happy New Year.

Again, .... Plus-10 for what MaineRoots posted !!!
TAL1957

Postby mainejeff » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:37 pm

TAL1957 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Plus-10 for MaineRoots !!! Minus-10 for you mj.
mj - You have obviously been having a bad few weeks bsed on the vitriole in your posts. Happy New Year.

Again, .... Plus-10 for what MaineRoots posted !!!

This is based on my experience of living in this state. Are you still in New York...or back in Maine???
mainejeff

Postby TAL1957 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:59 pm

mainejeff wrote: This is based on my experience of living in this state. Are you still in New York...or back in Maine???

"... based on my experience of living in this state." ????? Pretty Nice ! Most with experience living in Maine Love It !!! And Many wanna come Back if they Leave.
And ya, I'm still stuck in NY, kind of (for next2-4 years), but I am paying taxes to Georgetown on the real house, and following my kids weather up in Old Town. Man I miss that minus-10 opening day of ice-fishing !!
TAL1957

Postby UMaineDad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Good for you Jack :shock: ...Players leave the program and they get raked through the coals. Coaches leave and they get treated like royalty. Something is wrong with this picture! I hear he got himself wrapped up in some litigation regarding the handling of the Mack transfer fiasco by Harasymiak. I'm sure this is not the reason for leaving...but Jack's an "Old School" guy that's probably frustrated with these "Young Coach Antics." There is no stability with these guys. If the guy wanted to coach, he should have kept the head job here, like I said before. Regardless of the past, I think he could have done a much better job with the recent and future talent than what Harasymiak has been able to produce. I think he's taking this job because he realizes that he got out too soon. This way he does not have to admit that he made a big mistake by appointing Harasymiak to the head coaching job. This program is in trouble. Like it or not Cosgrove, and crew, was responsible for recruiting the recent talent pool that brought hope to the program. There's nothing like having an experienced veteran coach talking to parents about why they should send their kids to UMaine football. Harasymiak's tenure has been the beginning of the end of this program as we know it. Like a said a while back... 'WHO'S NEXT?"
UMaineDad

Postby thebam » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Man, with fans like you who needs enemies. Who's next? WTF?? Coach H has been on the job 2 years. Just finished a season that was an eyelash from a playoff berth with a Freshman QB. This team is heading in a totally different direction than the picture you paint. Sorry if your buddy Mack got his feelings hurt, but this team is heading to the playoffs sooner rather than later. Guess we should fit your for a tee shirt.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm

Enough with the Mack B.S.! Good luck to him, Cohen and Cosgrove in their future endeavors!

Buh-bye.
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics