Nick Mayo's Eastern Kentucky 8 games stats

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Nick Mayo's Eastern Kentucky 8 games stats

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 pm

mainejeff wrote:Just tell is what the schools said to your player then.

mainejeff: The reason is one of several I listed in a April 19 2015 "Off the Rim" Column in the Bangor Daily News entitled Recommended Information that Maine D-1 prospects should know". Just go to offtherimbangordailynews.com and scroll down to that article on April 19th, 2015.

The reason is there, but you will still not know which reason it was. Sorry, But you will read it. You will have to figure it out for yourself.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm

I read it & only you and I know the reason! I like knowing stuff that others don't ;) ...thanks Bob!
mainejeff

Postby augie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Ken Rassi is not walking thru that door Bob.

For a guy who prides himself on telling it like it is you staying tight lipped tells me you know don’t know $hit about this situation. Once Mayo became a top prospect he had no interest in Maine.
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 pm

augie wrote:Ken Rassi is not walking thru that door Bob.

For a guy who prides himself on telling it like it is you staying tight lipped tells me you know don’t know $hit about this situation. Once Mayo became a top prospect he had no interest in Maine.

augie: I would not bet on it if I were you. I was told in confidence and asked not to tell the reason why it happened.

So I am honoring that request.

But, you can do what mainejeff did and read my April 19th 2015 "Off the Rim" column in the BDN as it is one of the things that I listed to look out for if you are a Maine high school players who are being recruited as a D-1 prospect you will see it listed, but you won't know it when you read it unless you are as smart as mainejeff.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 pm

mainejeff wrote:I read it & only you and I know the reason! I like knowing stuff that others don't ;) ...thanks Bob!

mainejeff: You are more than welcome.
bcbc55

Postby Archer Bunker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:I read it & only you and I know the reason! I like knowing stuff that others don't ;) ...thanks Bob!

Now 3 of us know......But don't worry Cimmie my lips are sealed.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

Now 3 of us know......But don't worry Cimmie my lips are sealed.

AB

AB: Thanks for keeping them sealed.
bcbc55

Postby Linguist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 am

From conversations I had with good friends of the Mayo family, he didn't want to go to Maine. Nothing was said about recruiting tactics or phrases uttered. He wanted to get out and see what he could do. Played in Kentucky for an AAU event or tournament, and loved it there.

We all have connections Bob, we all hear stories and reports.

Perhaps the reason he didn't want to go to Maine was because of what was said. Perhaps he loved the state of Kentucky because they showered him with love and adulation. No idea. But I was told after he played in that event, and hit the radar of teams outside of Maine, he realized there was a bigger pond to swim in and he wanted to challenge himself in that bigger pond.

But sure. Let's go with your theory because it takes shots at UMaine and you get to continue holding your grudge from whenever it was that it started.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:30 am

I get the "he loved Kentucky" thing.....but I don't get the "bigger pond" thing. Eastern Kentucky sucks. Yeah, they are better than Maine (who isn't?)...but they play a bunch of no-names like Maine does. He gets the one game per season at Rupp...but he'll never sniff the NCAA tourney playing there. He could have hooked up with a P5 school & really challenged himself....plus made the NCAA tourney. Maybe it was the academics.....but Eastern Kentucky? C'mon man...... :roll:
mainejeff

Postby Linguist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 am

Jeff, I know Mayo is not in his 40's.

But think back to the 1980's or even 90's college basketball.

Which teams were more well known? Teams in the Ohio Valley Conference or (what is now) America East?

Murray State, Western Kentucky, Akron, Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay, Morehead State. The OVC was always a good conference. Ohio Valley and Missouri Valley were fun to watch historically.

If I had a chance of Murray State or Hartford? I'm taking the Racers every time.
Linguist

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics