Nick Mayo's Eastern Kentucky 8 games stats

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Nick Mayo's Eastern Kentucky 8 games stats

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 pm

6'9" Nick Mayo from Oakland, Maine's Messalonskee High School who is a junior at Eastern Kentucky he 266th ranked team in the Pomeru RPI Team rankings and 294 in the realtimerpi.com RPI rankings plays in the 19th RPI ranked Ohio Valley Conference in the realtimerpi.com.

Eastern Kentucky are 4-4 so far in their non-conference schedule.

The following are Mayo's 8 game stats.

Games 8..Averages per game...minutes 34.3....Pts 18.5...FG% 56.7%...3pt% 61.5%...FS% 88.4%...Reb 8.3...Asst 2.8...Turnovers 3.6...Blocks 2.3.

He leads team in minutes, points per game, FG%, 3 pt % and FS%.

He certainly would look good in a Maine men's basketball team uniform with those stats.

Maine just can't afford not to get Maine high school players of the caliber of Nick Mayo.

The coach who recruited Mayo away from Maine and then changed jobs the same spring never get to coach Mayo was the Fordham coach who's Rams team edged Maine 67-66 in overtime at the Rose Hill Gymnasium last Saturday, the oldest D-1 on campus basketball facility in the country.

Comparing Eastern Kentucky and UMaine. Eastern Kentucky is ranked 288 and Maine 334 in the Pomeroy RPI rankings and in the realtimerpi.com RPI rankings Eastern Kentucky is 294 nd maine 301.

Mayo's Ohio Valley Conference is ranked 19th in realtimerpi.com conference RPI and Maine's America East Conference is ranked 27th.

Not getting Mayo certainly was Maine's loss and Eastern Kentucky's gain. He is being scouted currently by several NBA teams and could be the first Maine high school player to ever play in the NBA.
bcbc55

Re: Nick Mayo's Eastern Kentucky 8 games stats

Postby Linguist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:24 am

BCBC55 -

Maine recruited him. He didn't want to play at UMaine.

let it go.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am

bcbc55 wrote:6'9" Nick Mayo from Oakland, Maine's Messalonskee High School who is a junior at Eastern Kentucky he 266th ranked team in the Pomeru RPI Team rankings and 294 in the realtimerpi.com RPI rankings plays in the 19th RPI ranked Ohio Valley Conference in the realtimerpi.com.

Games 8..Averages per game...minutes 34.3....Pts 18.5...FG% 56.7%...3pt% 61.5%...FS% 88.4%...Reb 8.3...Asst 2.8...Turnovers 3.6...Blocks 2.3.

He certainly would look good in a Maine men's basketball team uniform with those stats.

Maine just can't afford not to get Maine high school players of the caliber of Nick Mayo.

The coach who recruited Mayo away from Maine and then changed jobs the same spring never get to coach Mayo was the Fordham coach who's Rams team edged Maine 67-66 in overtime at the Rose Hill Gymnasium last Saturday, the oldest D-1 on campus basketball facility in the country.

Comparing Eastern Kentucky and UMaine. Eastern Kentucky is ranked 288 and Maine 334 in the Pomeroy RPI rankings and in the realtimerpi.com RPI rankings Eastern Kentucky is 294 nd maine 301.

Mayo's Ohio Valley Conference is ranked 19th in realtimerpi.com conference RPI and Maine's America East Conference is ranked 27th.

Not getting Mayo certainly was Maine's loss and Eastern Kentucky's gain. He is being scouted currently by several NBA teams and could be the first Maine high school player to ever play in the NBA.

Eastern Kentucky is actually 2-4 according to YOUR standards as 2 of their wins come vs. Asbury College (NAIA) and Kentucky State (D-2). Just want to be consistent when you are throwing out stats to fit a certain agenda..... ;)
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:30 pm

mainejeff wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:6'9" Nick Mayo from Oakland, Maine's Messalonskee High School who is a junior at Eastern Kentucky he 266th ranked team in the Pomeru RPI Team rankings and 294 in the realtimerpi.com RPI rankings plays in the 19th RPI ranked Ohio Valley Conference in the realtimerpi.com.

Eastern Kentucky is actually 2-4 according to YOUR standards as 2 of their wins come vs. Asbury College (NAIA) and Kentucky State (D-2). Just want to be consistent when you are throwing out stats to fit a certain agenda..... ;)

mainejeff: Thanks for the correction, got the record from realtimerpi.com and they usually don't count non-D-1. games.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Linguist wrote:BCBC55 -

Maine recruited him. He didn't want to play at UMaine.

let it go.

Linquist: He wanted to play at Maine. If you knew the real reason Maine didn't get Mayo you would be upset also. it had to do with how and the way he was recruited. It was like how my D-1 high school prospects were recruited by D-1 schools and they didn't go to those schools that recruited that way either.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Perhaps you could elaborate and clear this up?
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:11 pm

[quote="thebam"]Perhaps you could elaborate and clear this up?[/quote.

thebam: I could, but I won't. Let's say when this happened to my recruited D-1 player, his parents and myself we didn't consider that school any further. It seemed to be standard operating procedure for many college D-1 recruiters, but even though I am a "hick in the sticks", it didn't impress me, the player or his parents and he had offers from over 30 D-1 schools and most used this technique.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Wow....Nick Mayo didn't go to UMaine because of recruiting tactics used by the Maine staff? Come on Bob.....let us know what REALLY happened? And how did a kid from Central Maine end up at Eastern-Freakin-Kentucky??? Hope it wasn't the coach that left after one season that sealed the deal...???
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 pm

mainejeff wrote:Wow....Nick Mayo didn't go to UMaine because of recruiting tactics used by the Maine staff? Come on Bob.....let us know what REALLY happened? And how did a kid from Central Maine end up at Eastern-Freakin-Kentucky??? Hope it wasn't the coach that left after one season that sealed the deal...???

mainejeff: First off, I did not refer to the reason Mayo did not go to Maine because as a "recruiting tactic(s)". It was what was said to him. I referred to it as a recruiting technique which I didn't care for.

Second, the coach that recruited Mayo to Eastern Kentucky in the spring of 2015 left the Eastern Kentucky job for another D-1 school in the Bronx in New York City on March 30th, 2015th.

In fact, it was the coach at Fordham who Maine lost to this past Saturday 67-66. So he never coached Mayo.

Because of the coach leaving EK right after signing Mayo. Nick could have got out of his letter of intent and scholarship (NCAA Rule), but he really liked the campus and location of the Colonels of Eastern Kentucky so he decided to stay.

Remember it was the same thing that turned my player, his parents and myself off and we did not consider those schools that told us this any further.

Most D-1 recruiters tell recruits this and to me it is a turn off. Of the 30 plus D-1 schools that recruited my player, only a few did not tell us this and those were the only schools that we even considered.

Thus is just my opinion and opinions are like noses everyone has one.

I just did not like what was said by the recruiter.

But there are "Different basketball strokes for different basketball folks".

Or

"What floats somebody else's basketball boat, may not float by basketball float."

What was said did not float my basketball boat.
It was not a big thing, but it was big enough to turn me, my player and his parents off.

"Loose lips can sink ships", it certainly sunk the schools that was recruiting my prospect.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Just tell is what the schools said to your player then.
mainejeff

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics