UMaine men's basketball team lose 4th straight in OT

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine men's basketball team lose 4th straight in OT

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am

If this was Walsh's first year you give him leeway. Heck, give him Leeway in his second year.

But this is his fourth year and the same old issues once again.

Why delay the inevitable? Best to move on now and let Simon institute his offense and see where it takes them.

He certainly can not do any worse. As far as letting him go in the middle of the season. Well, they dropped their

JV program in the middle of the season so I don't think is going to stop the AD from making a change.

Yes, Peter Gavett was the Coach then under Chappelle. Peter was a good coach. But it was not his decision, He

was not happy about it that much I can tell you. UMAINE had a very good Varsity team that year. But they came

to Birmingham the next year. Rufus Harris was their best player. We beat them by 30 points in Birmingham.

Wes Westerman was the AD then. But that just tells you budget issues drive things at UMAINE or at least they did

then. My problem with it is it was piss poor planning certainly.

No excuse for that. But I still say UMAINE is a great University and at Chappelle brought credibility to the Basketball program. No one would argue that point. He was always competitive in games at least. Walsh is
just in over his head. I don't blame him, I just think Simon given the opportunity can do better, And yes I
would not be surprised if they go 0-10 by the end of the Fall Semester.
basketball_guy

Postby thebam » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Alabama is rated 20th in the Nation right now

Barely 25th in the AP. Not Top 25 in the coaches poll. Once again you are spouting garbage that isn't accurate. You call it rude. You just keep getting " corrected" on all the nonsense you post. You talk about Maine having a great basketball tradition. hahahaha. funniest thing ever. To have tradition, I think , you have to have won SOMETHING, anything at some point EVER. Maine women have tradition. Hockey has tradition. Baseball.. tradition. Football.. tradition.. Men's hoops? Zip. Zero. For you to justify firing a coach mid season because way back when they cut the JV program mid season just shows that you are out of touch with reality. Simply nonsense. You can't even really believe what you are spouting half the time probably.
thebam

Postby duke11 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Hard to make a volunteer the head coach... also interesting that Moses sanko is no longer with the program. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and with a young family, left before he had no choice?
duke11

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 pm

duke11 wrote:Hard to make a volunteer the head coach... also interesting that Moses sanko is no longer with the program. Maybe he saw the writing on the wall and with a young family, left before he had no choice?

duke: Questions:
Who is the volunteer coach?
When did MOSES leave?
Wasn't he director of basket ball operations?
...Thus, he could not do any coaching? Must have been a boring job.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby duke11 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:26 pm

You don’t leave a BCS program and go to Maine and be able to live same lifestyle, follow the paper trail!
Yes, Sanko was DOBO, but has not been with program since after the Texas trip.
duke11

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:51 pm

duke11 wrote:You don’t leave a BCS program and go to Maine and be able to live same lifestyle, follow the paper trail!
Yes, Sanko was DOBO, but has not been with program since after the Texas trip.

duke11: Thanks for the information. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
bcbc55

Postby duke11 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:53 pm

You too! This is the best time of the year! Multiple holidays
And unlimited basketball options to watch!
duke11

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 pm

The Bamm is a jerk. I rest my case
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:30 pm

ESPN released its summer BPI (Basketball Power Index) on Thursday, and Avery Johnson’s third team was among the top 25 and the second-highest ranked team from the SEC.

Alabama’s men’s basketball team was ranked 20th in the preseason BPI with a 7.158507268. The only SEC school ahead of the Crimson Tide was Kentucky, who found itself in a rare place outside the top 10 at No. 13. The other SEC schools ranked among the top 25 were Arkansas (21) and Auburn (24).

Check out where the SEC teams ranked nationally in ESPN’s summer BPI:

I guess it depends on what poll one looks at. It does not matter to me what THEBAMM thinks anyway.
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:10 pm

basketball_guy

Here are Maine's 10 remaining non-conference games with their latest right up to the minute POMEROY RPI Rankings.

Maine is lowest ranked of any D-1 opponent at 338 in POMEROY RPI RANKINGS

Non-conference Games are in order of scheduled.
H/A..Team............RPI.....W-L
A Quinnipiac..........308.....1-4
A Georgetown..........73.....3-0
A Fordham.............215.....1-3
H UMPI non D-1 does not count in final RPI rankings
H Dartmouth..........256......1-2
H UMM same as UMPI above
A St. Josephs Phila. 67......2-1
A Central Connecticut 328....2-3
A UMassachusetts.....159.....3-1
A Columbia.............192.....1-3

UMaine..................338.....0-5

Possible wins that count Quinnipiac and Central Connecticut State but both are on the road and Dartmouth at home.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics