Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Will we get 65 pages out of THIS...?

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Why do you rail against government but embrace an authoritarian regime?

Oh come on MJ, I know you're better/smarter/more astute than this nonsense.

Name one single policy action that could be described as authoritarian, just one. And no an executive order that reverses a previous executive order is not "authoritarian".

So are you saying that you don't embrace authoritarian regimes & prefer a democracy?
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 am

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Why do you rail against government but embrace an authoritarian regime?

Oh come on MJ, I know you're better/smarter/more astute than this nonsense.

Name one single policy action that could be described as authoritarian, just one. And no an executive order that reverses a previous executive order is not "authoritarian".

So are you saying that you don't embrace authoritarian regimes & prefer a democracy?

What I embrace is a Constitutional republic....

Any examples of Trumpian "authoritarianism"...?
hawksfan

Postby Pirates79 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:51 pm

hawksfan wrote:Name one single policy action that could be described as authoritarian, just one. And no an executive order that reverses a previous executive order is not "authoritarian".

Ok, I'll start.
1) Trump's continuous attacks on the free press as "an enemy of the people."
2) Trump's pardon of Joe Arpaio.
3) Trump's creation of the Voter Integrity Commission.
Pirates79

Postby hawksfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:01 am

Pirates79 wrote:
hawksfan wrote:Name one single policy action that could be described as authoritarian, just one. And no an executive order that reverses a previous executive order is not "authoritarian".

Ok, I'll start.
1) Trump's continuous attacks on the free press as "an enemy of the people."
2) Trump's pardon of Joe Arpaio.
3) Trump's creation of the Voter Integrity Commission.

Well I guess we have a different view on what constitutes authoritarian; my bar for that designation is much higher. For instance, using your examples, it would be authoritarian if:

1) Trumpy, instead of mean tweets, had CNN foricbly removed from the airwaves, or say, had Jim Acosta arrested...or worse, in a nod to Vlad, murdered...

2) Trumpy, instead of pardoning Arapaio for his contempt of court conviction, had the judge in question, who demanded Arapaio not follow the law, arrested or worse, in a nod to Maduro or Erdogan, murdered...

3) Trumpy, instead of establishing a harmless commission charged with making future recommendations as to how to limit fraudulent voting & ensuring American elections remain free, fair & legitimate, had, in a nod to the late saddam hussein, begun laying plans to "win" 99% of the vote in '20....

We have a different world view Sid, (duh, rite?), but still I'd still suggest you ratchet your definition of "authoritarian" up closer to mine....otherwise, how would you feel if a Democrat president ever used the NSA to spy on journalists, or pardoned a young man In an open/shut case guilty of treason, or tacitly signed off on rigging a primary election in order to establish his quasi monarchal line of succession...?
hawksfan

Postby midcoastman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:18 am

hawksfan wrote:or tacitly signed off on rigging a primary election in order to establish his quasi monarchal line of succession...?

Everyone understands that political parties function outside of our democratic system, correct?

Dems need to get rid of their archaic Superdelegate system. It's fooling no one at this point. If party leaders won't do it, party members should look elsewhere for a chance to control government, which is of course, the point of parties...
midcoastman

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:24 am

Trump is using his office to build his business and enrich his family, not unlike Saddam.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Trump is using his office to build his business and enrich his family, not unlike Saddam.

I call total & complete horse hockey on that...!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewitho ... 87bb205ba4

Granted, the link is 6+ months old...... but the idea that the President is doing this as some convoluted way to enrich he and his family is little more than a Pochahantas/San Fran Nan progressive class warfare meme....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:Trump is using his office to build his business and enrich his family, not unlike Saddam.

Granted, the link is 6+ months old...... but the idea that the President is doing this as some convoluted way to enrich he and his family is little more than a Pochahantas/San Fran Nan progressive class warfare meme....

He hides his tax returns and he gave his daughter and her husband high level WH jobs. Don’t pretend you’re that naive.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:26 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:

He hides his tax returns and he gave his daughter and her husband high level WH jobs. Don’t pretend you’re that naive.

You cannot be serious....but just in case you are...

Trumpy hasn't filed a tax return since being sworn in & Javanka was loaded in their own right before taking those "high paying" White House gigs....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:28 am

Yup, Jarred inherited a great deal of money after his father went to jail for corruption. They all have investments with the same governments that they have direct contact with as WH employees. This is the exact same behavior that went into the Clinton Foundation: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... out-215420
Mike Tomlin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics