Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A State Championship game - Friday night @ Scarbor

Postby miked » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:49 am

TA this is what you are facing tonight. A quote from a Scarborough player

“This is kind of like a revenge thing,” “They took us down in the regular season, so now let’s take them down when it matters.” Get ready for the thrashing. Too much motivation for Scarborough and they are better than you
miked

Postby 85Champs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am

So I guess TA shouldn't even show up according to Mike Dufus.
85Champs

Postby mainebasketballguy2 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 am

I'm getting pretty excited for this game. I'm not sure if it's the driving wind, freezing temps, or just this fun banter, but I hope it lives up to the hype. Best of luck to both teams. I hope it's a clean game with clean play on both sides.
mainebasketballguy2

Postby HolidayInn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 am

Mainebasketballguy brings up a good point. Experience is important. I do like the confidence Scarborough players talk about. Strictly from the standpoint of going with who has been to the big game(s) before and won, confidence is with TA until Scarborough proves otherwise. Prediction on score doesn’t matter. Team with most points (regardless of spread or total points) moves on to state game. Teams are similar in talent. Comes down to what team can / will execute the best and minimize mistakes. Not easy to do in the environment they will be in tonight. This is high school football and anything can happen. Program that can stay focused / calm and adjust if needed will prevail. As mentioned above, advantage TA, but certainly no guarantees.
I looked at historic records and didn’t realize Scarborough hasn’t won class A state title in football (they have in class B 2002). Is this Scarborough’s year to make record books? We will all know when we see actual events tonight. Either way, both of these teams have worked hard and deserve recognition for their accomplishments. Should be a good one. Good luck to both teams! Looking forward to attending game.
HolidayInn

Postby rock33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:44 pm

miked wrote:TA this is what you are facing tonight. A quote from a Scarborough player

“This is kind of like a revenge thing,” “They took us down in the regular season, so now let’s take them down when it matters.” Get ready for the thrashing. Too much motivation for Scarborough and they are better than you

Have you ever played a sport in your life? How else would Scarborough feel? Of course they want revenge. You continue to make yourself look like a fool. I promise you that TA will show up and be ready. Come to think of it, why didn’t you mention the revenge factor last week when TA played BE? Should be a very good game tonight. If Scarborough wins, I’ll still post giving them credit for winning the West. We all know you don’t have the grapes to give TA credit if they win. Just think how miserable you’re going to be if TA wins Miked. Just like last week few outside of TA think they’ll win. Right where they want to be.
rock33

Postby 85Champs » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Will Mitchell not playing tonight for TA according to reports.
85Champs

Postby miked » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Nice. TA overwhelmed. Have a great off season!
miked

Postby TAallday » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Scarborough straight up whooped TA. Congrats to them and man, I️ don’t think they’ll be challenged in the state game. They’re some team.

Thankfully, TA will be back next year with a solid returning cast.

Thankful for football and all it provides!
TAallday

Postby miked » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

mainebasketballguy2 wrote:Personally, I think on paper, Scarborough should win. They have the experience at the key positions and depth throughout their roster on both sides of the ball. This is the year they've been banking on. TA has a great roster also, just doesn't have the depth it has had for the past few years. They have 2 gamechanging playmakers, but overall do not seem to match up. But.........you have to factor in a couple things. First, coaching. Advantage TA, and it's not even close and no one will tell me anything different. This is not a knock on the Scarborough coaches, just a confirmation of the experience on the TA sideline. And of course, Scarborough has the pressure of trying to beat their rival, and that was VERY evident in the first game. Having their starting center back will eliminate what seemed like an endless wave of poor snaps for the Storm in the last game, and could very well make the difference tomorrow night. Will Scarborough tighten up if the game is close? Will the weather have an impact? I think we could have another slugfest on our hands, but something tells me the Red Storm will get over the hump in a close game, but will pull away late.

Not so much. The Red Storm coaching staff dominated TA in this match up. Scarborough never let TA off the mat. One of the most lopsided finals game in recent history and in every aspect of the game. It was awesome to see
miked

Postby SportzFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Great solid win by the Red Storm...They were never challenged in this game...Bring home the Gold and hopefully TA will do the same next year. Good luck and thanks to all the football teams for an exciting year.
SportzFan

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur