PTC Football All-Conference teams named

post info & talk all things Football...

Postby MBRer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 am

Messalonskee running back Austin Pelletier was named conference player of the year in his senior season, while Cony's B.L. Lippert earned coach of the year honors.

Skowhegan quarterback Marcus Christopher alongside wide receivers Cam Barnes and Jon Bell made the first team on offense. Joining them are Pelletier and teammate Colin Kinney, Brewer running back Bryant Kiler, tight end Jacob McCluskey and offensive linemen Tyler Bean and Garrett Graham. Lawrence's Isiah Schooler, Dominic Blaisdell and Tyler Larouche find themselves on the offensive side, alongside Mictchell MacFarland from Cony and Brunswick's Elijah Gagnon.

http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/22 ... eams-named
MBRer

Re: PTC Football All-Conference teams named

Postby Firestarter85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:20 pm

how could ryan libby not win coach of the year for skowhegan ?

number one seed made it to the finals and will likely win it. truly don’t understand this but lots of skowhegan players were honored so thats good.
Firestarter85

Postby Tackletrap » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:29 pm

They didn't ask for your vote ?
Tackletrap

Postby bballmom30 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Pelletier really????? I think All Conference needs to be decided after playoffs. Christopher or Barnes from Skowhegan should have been player of the year!
bballmom30

Postby Tomahawk86 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Firestarter,

Libby is the interim head coach but isn't he still the defensive coordinator as well? Maybe that is why? Considering they probably had one of the worst run defenses in the state.
Tomahawk86

Postby bballmom30 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Tomahawk86 wrote:Firestarter,

Libby is the interim head coach but isn't he still the defensive coordinator as well? Maybe that is why? Considering they probably had one of the worst run defenses in the state.

Nothing against Coach Lippert, but what did Cony do? Libby got screwed!
bballmom30

Postby Firestarter85 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 pm

yeah I think Ryan still does the defense but a head coach coaches the whole team and they came in first and are still playing. I think they should wait until the playoffs are done to. cony offense wasnt good this year but the coach gets awarded so i don’t get that. i would go with christopher to but pelletier was very good all year so i would not argue that like coach of the year.

championship is all that matters and we find that one out tomorrow !!
Firestarter85

Postby Tackletrap » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:41 pm

The coaches are the ones that vote on the players and the coaches. Not sports reporters, not MBR members, fans, etc. They certainly have a better handle on it then I do, I know that. They have seen extensive film on each and every team, understand what each team has for talent coming into the year etc.
Tackletrap

Postby Tomahawk86 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Honestly I think Skowhegan is the much better team than Lawrence and will win and think Libby is a great choice for Skowhegan football coach. He played there and is a players coach. So unlike some of the other posters on here... I am not a Skowhegan hater. However, he really doesn't deserve to be the coach of the year. Mr. Dunlap is doing a great job as offensive coordinator and deserves much of the credit for their success.

Hope you don't take my comments out of context. My comments on this thread are black and white.
Tomahawk86

Postby Tackletrap » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Agree....I cant hate any team in this conference. I just hope whoever wins tomorrow night gives a good showing in the State game. Plenty of bulletin board material on MBR to motivate. No one believes in the North. You never know. The South will certainly come in confident, perhaps over confident. Upsets have happened before, they can again. GO NORTH !!
Tackletrap

Next

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur