WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WEEK 10: Delaware vs. Maine in Portland

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Linguist wrote:Maine (this season) is officially a gate keeper. They beat the bad teams, lose to the good ones, the ones against other mid pack teams are toss ups.

Is that what Maine football is? Are fans happy with that?

New Hampshire (6-3) - Loss
Bryant (4-5) - Win
James Madison (9-0) - Loss
Villanova (4-5) - Loss (But Villanova was 3-2 when they played Maine)
Rhode Island (2-7) - Loss
Albany (3-6) - Win
William & Mary (2-7) - Win
Delaware (6-3) - Loss
UMass (2-7) - Saturday November 11th
Stony Brook (7-2) - Saturday November 18th

No wins against a team with a winning record. Maine is the best of the bad teams!

If I follow your crap.... Maine Beat URI correct. still losing record but your facts are not correct.
Blackbear27

Postby Linguist » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:55 am

bb27,

You are right, Maine did beat URI. Congrats. 2-and-7. Another POS win on the resume for Maine. Beat someone with a winning record once this season.

Not saying Maine can't be good, and can't progress, my point is, this year (2017), Maine is a gate keeper. They are the Gozar of College Football.

Did you get that reference?
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 am

My biggest takeaway is that the team doesn't have the "it" factor" that programs like JMU, Delaware & UNH have. Those freakin players are TOUGH & never give up. I guess that attitude comes with winning but also from coaches that pound that into their players heads. I can't help but feel that Maine is a team of individuals while many of their peers are teams that work together to achieve a common goal......just win baby!
mainejeff

Postby UMaineDad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 pm

mainejeff wrote:My biggest takeaway is that the team doesn't have the "it" factor" that programs like JMU, Delaware & UNH have. Those freakin players are TOUGH & never give up. I guess that attitude comes with winning but also from coaches that pound that into their players heads. I can't help but feel that Maine is a team of individuals while many of their peers are teams that work together to achieve a common goal......just win baby!

I agree 100%. It's about coaching. At some point we must consider whether this staff has what it takes to develop the "It Factor" and winning spirit with this team. So far I don't think so!
UMaineDad

Postby fafan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

UMaineDad wrote:
mainejeff wrote:My biggest takeaway is that the team doesn't have the "it" factor" that programs like JMU, Delaware & UNH have. Those freakin players are TOUGH & never give up. I guess that attitude comes with winning but also from coaches that pound that into their players heads. I can't help but feel that Maine is a team of individuals while many of their peers are teams that work together to achieve a common goal......just win baby!

I agree 100%. It's about coaching. At some point we must consider whether this staff has what it takes to develop the "It Factor" and winning spirit with this team. So far I don't think so!

UMaineDad, what if #7 was the QB, would that change mind about the coaching staff :?:
fafan

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics