Class A South final: Scarborough 49, Thornton Academy 7

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: Class A State Championship game - Friday night @ Scarbor

Postby jimobrien69 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm

onthematorfield wrote:So what time do the gates open at Fitzpatrick for the State Championship game this Friday night? i was planning on watching some regional finals game this weekend, but according to this thread I missed them.

6 years ago, everyone said the TA cheverus western Maine matchup was the state championship game. A week later Lawrence returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown and held the lead going into the second half.
Teams come over confident and underdogs come ready to play. Any given Sunday I don't ever count anyone out.
jimobrien69

Postby HolidayInn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:06 pm

Agree. The way this season is going, it could turn out A north will destroy A south in the final game. This has been a difficult season to predict. As you mention, it all comes down to that day.
HolidayInn

Postby TAallday » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Holiday...come on now.

I think comparing that Lawrence team to these two teams from the North is a bit of a stretch. That Lawrence team was led by an all-state QB who went on to play at UMO (safety).

This year's A North is nothing like that year's while the South is similar.

I hear what you're saying, but man, it would take close to an act of God for Windham or Portland to beat TA or Scarborough.
TAallday

Postby HolidayInn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:46 pm

True. I wasn’t comparing Lawrence to current north teams or TA 2017 to TA 2012. I agree long shot, but what if I asked you the following questions before the actual games / events:
1. Kennebunk and BE not representing south?
2. EL not representing north? (wait, maybe we did see this one)
3. Portland turning it around after tough start?
4. OH giving TA a game?
5. Sanford / TA game 0 – 0 after 3 quarters (game could have been 7 – 0 Sanford at ½ if Sanford player held on to the easy TA pick 6 on the screen pass just before ½.
6. TA beats BE after being destroyed in regular season? I think you said “ Pray for the north when they face BE in state game”. For the record, I was fully convinced BE was untouchable this year after that game.
Portland does have a player going on to play basketball at UMO (ha,ha). I’m not saying it will happen and we are on the same page, but this year has been strange.
HolidayInn

Postby TAallday » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm

A couple rebuttals...

-I could see Scarborough or TA coming out of the South as well as Marshwood or Falmouth
-EL was never really good in my mind. Also thought it would be Windham or Oxford Hills (healthy)
-Oxford Hills got beaten by TA 41-0

Anyways, I just don't think anyone thinks that state game will be close. The big shocker for me was BE's falling twice...man, I thought they were unbeatable after the TA drubbing.

We shall see.
TAallday

Postby mainebasketballguy2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm sorry if I missed it, but did we ever get an answer on the livestreaming question? If so, is there a link?
mainebasketballguy2

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 am

mainebasketballguy2 wrote:I'm sorry if I missed it, but did we ever get an answer on the livestreaming question? If so, is there a link?

I wasn't ignoring the question, I just haven't found anyone who's streaming the game. I spoke to the Munzing Media folks and they said that Scarborough doesn't have the accommodations they need to stream the game. Not sure if that means no one can....

Guess you're going to have to come out into the cold and suffer with the rest of us. :lol: :lol:
Labreckjrsdad

Postby Details » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 am

I found this on Facebook and will try to link it:
https://livestream.com/accounts/19218558/events/7920032

Looks legit. It was on the Scarborough High School Football Boosters Facebook page.
Details

Postby Labreckjrsdad » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 am

Details wrote:I found this on Facebook and will try to link it:
https://livestream.com/accounts/19218558/events/7920032

Looks legit. It was on the Scarborough High School Football Boosters Facebook page.

Makes sense to me. I've seen evens on Livestream before, but I don't remember if you need an account with them or not. Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

Thanks for sharing!
Labreckjrsdad

Postby HSSports1224 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Labreck,
South is going to roll the class A championship but I get what Holliday is saying, there have been so many games this year that are so unpredictable. I would have never guessed Scarb was going to smoke BE.
TAallday,
I agree ta won 41-0 but that game was much closer then that. Ta scored on a last second interception before half to make it 14-0, without that that game is 7-0 at half.
For ta haters, it's time to face reality. Ta is hands down the best program in the state for football, I get you may want them to lose because they always win, but it's time to reel it in and realize that no matter what this teams going to be there in the end, something is different with ta football in the playoffs that other then BE HASNT been stopped, not saying it can't but it hasn't yet. Also if you look back over the past 4-5 years BE has won two state titles and only once had to beat TA, the other 3 TA has gone to the state game. Now Scarb is much better then prior years, but my prediction is Ta wins this one by a touchdown. TA, when they are on a roll are tough to stop. Ta vs Scarb all time is 1- 20+ TA has advantage. I don't think you see anything change this week as I think ta will win and get their 4th gold ball in 6 years.
HSSports1224

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur