Opportunistic Richmond edges Ashland for ‘D’ title

post info & talk all things Soccer (GIRLS)...

Opportunistic Richmond edges Ashland for ‘D’ title

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:24 am

Opportunistic Richmond girls edge Ashland for ‘D’ title

...“I thought we did an adequate job on Kendrick, but we did not execute on Anair and she was the difference in the game by just making those crosses,” said Belskis.

The Hornets, who already had four shots on goal at that point, responded with some good pressure over the next five minutes. Shelby Stolze had one on Bobcats ’keeper Sydney Tilson (7 saves), then Morgan Doughty followed with a shot that was blocked and another that went wide.

Richmond, which in the meantime managed a shot on Cote from beyond midfield, expanded its lead with 8:06 left in the first half.

Anair again raced down the right sideline with the ball and fired it toward the middle. Cote got her hands on the ball, but could not control it. Shea pounced on it and buried the shot.

“They were knocking on the door a lot, but we finished the opportunities that we had,” said Anair.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/04/s ... r-d-title/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Opportunistic Richmond edges Ashland for ‘D’ title

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:50 am

Ashland's Amber Chasser overcame five knee surgeries to realize dream of playing in state championship game

...The first four operations were to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee and the other, on a torn ACL in her left knee, came 14 months ago.

The center midfielder admitted that as much as she loves soccer, her favorite sport, she had reservations about playing this season.

“There was one point when I questioned whether it was worthwhile,” said the 17-year-old Chasse. “My left leg was so much weaker than my right leg.

“But my coach at the Dutch Soccer Academy, Tammy Krul, sent me a video last November of a girl who was still playing college soccer after four surgeries,” said Chasse. “After finding out that other people had gone through just as much as I had and were still able to play at a competitive level, I knew I could do it. I didn’t want to give up on my dream.

“And it was always a dream of mine to play in a state championship game.”

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/07/s ... ship-game/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Return to Soccer (GIRLS): Maine High School & Amateur