MBB: Maine 84 vs Husson University 63... 10/28

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MBB: Maine 84 vs Husson University 63... 10/28

Postby hoopsisme » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 am

Coach says they only ran their offense 6 out of 39 possessions. Who's fault is that. Call timeout, demand it happens. If it does not, sub. I assume the players do not have final say!!
hoopsisme

Postby duke11 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:14 am

I’ve seen him live probably 15-20 times now between practice and games. I have a pretty solid assessment of him.

Don’t forget about Duncan Douglas, he might end up being overall best player before it’s all said and done this year. Great frame and athleticism and the ability to defend and stretch the floor.
duke11

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:31 am

duke11 wrote:I’ve seen him live probably 15-20 times now between practice and games. I have a pretty solid assessment of him.

Don’t forget about Duncan Douglas, he might end up being overall best player before it’s all said and done this year. Great frame and athleticism and the ability to defend and stretch the floor.

duke11: Thanks for the reply. OK you definitely have seen him live and me only on tapes. However, I still would get him at least 15-20 minutes per game in exhibitions and non-conference games as Douglas is not going to be able to match up in the post with a good big.

Also, coaching is a big factor in developing bigs and Maine has not shown this in the past 3 years about developing potential good bigs like Eze, Er, Gloger, etc.

Again, just my opinion in working and developing bigs who were not very good in the beginning and came along real fast by getting minutes needed to develop.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:41 am

mainejeff wrote:Seems like the starting line-up will be:

Bryant
Calixte
White
Fleming
Er

They really are lacking inside. :|

MJ: Especially on the defensive side of the ball inside.

On the offensive side they haven't used their BIGS much in the past 3 years to go inside-outside to get open 3's or any scoring punch.

They have very,very guard oriented the past 3 years.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:48 am

hoopsisme wrote:Coach says they only ran their offense 6 out of 39 possessions. Who's fault is that. Call timeout, demand it happens. If it does not, sub. I assume the players do not have final say!!

hoopsisme:Couldn't agree more. The past 3 years the players at UMaine have usually decided who shoots, where they shoot from and when they shoot and not the coaching staff.

Isn't that called the inmates are running the asylum?????????????????????????????

The proof is in the head coach's statement saying they only ran the new offense????????new offense???????? 6 of 39 possessions in the first half??????????????????????????????????????????

History has a way of repeating itself doesn't it?????????????????
bcbc55

Postby duke11 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Coach, Your guy Antoms is having a good day. I hope it
Translates against bigger players at the division level. Just bigger and stronger than anyone St Joe’s has.
duke11

Postby fromthebench » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

My concern with Maine is can they score enough points to win games. We'll see. One guy that would help immediately would be Terion Moss. I believe he would be their best player from day one and no one creates offense (for himself and others) better. IMO
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:03 pm

duke11 wrote:Coach, Your guy Antoms is having a good day. I hope it
Translates against bigger players at the division level. Just bigger and stronger than anyone St Joe’s has.

duke11: Thanks.I was there. Have to write up the game on my BLOG for BDN. Yeah, he got 11 minutes was 3-5 from the floor, 1-2 from the line, for 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 turnovers, 1 block and 1 steal,

So in 2 games he has got 13 total minutes.

Maine is going to be real small without him and Eze not in the lineup.

Maine should have recruited another big.

Don't like Fleming (If he is 6'7" as listed in the program then I'm 6'7") in the paint as he holds the ball to long and he tries to force to much off the dribble and he will not be able to go to his strong left hand against bigger D-1 opponents. Put Antoms on the block and then Fleming can go back to being a face the basket forward where he is more effective.

Also, don't like how Maine starts their post players at the foul line corners. Why not start them on the block and look for them and if they don't get the ball on the block then move them up the free lane line extended to where it meets the foul line to run their new offense..

JMO for what little it is worth.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics