Week #10 UMO Vs. Delaware Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Week #10 UMO Vs. Delaware Predictions

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 am

Maine Football‏ @BlackBearsFB
Brandon Briggs Named @CAAFootball Special Teams Player of the Week!

Details: http://bit.ly/2xy71h9

#BlackBearNation #CAAFB
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Muchups » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:59 am

thebam wrote:
Archer Bunker wrote:We got 3 in a row! Can we make it 4? Yes! UMO on a streak now. They can take care of those Blue Hens from Delaware. Home game and it's being played down in Portland. Whoa! Should be a huge crowd on hand for this one. Largest of the year and the Blackbears get pumped for this one.

UMO 35
Delaware 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB

NOT a home game. A neutral site game. What makes you think there will be a huge crowd for this one? I'll hang up and listen.

Being from Portland this is tough to predict. There is very little buzz about this game in the Portland market so I doubt there will be a lot of "casual" fans at this game. Are there enough true Maine fans in southern Maine (who should actually be in the know) to fill the stadium? Will the students and Bangor area fans make the two hour drive south? Will Delaware travel (from their message boards seems like they might)?

There should be somewhere between 2,000 and 10,000 at this game.
Muchups

Postby thebam » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Being from Portland this is tough to predict. There is very little buzz about this game in the Portland market so I doubt there will be a lot of "casual" fans at this game. Are there enough true Maine fans in southern Maine (who should actually be in the know) to fill the stadium? Will the students and Bangor area fans make the two hour drive south? Will Delaware travel (from their message boards seems like they might)?

There should be somewhere between 2,000 and 10,000 at this game.

makes one wonder why even bother to play the game there.
thebam

Postby fafan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:05 pm

maine612 wrote:If Maine wins out they are in the playoffs. 7-3 with an FBS win. No brainer. With that said, tough to do. That Stony Brook game is the toughest of the bunch.

Maine wins this weekend 24-20

Sorry 612 but I think UMass is better than SBU even though they have just 2 wins, App. State and GSU. UMass destroyed GSU and UNH beat them by two TD's. UMass plays all FBS schools and have been in most everyone of their losses. When we beat UMass at Gillette in 2013 we had one of our best teams ever and won by 10. I really think this will be a tougher game for us. Need to get by the Blue Chix first, then onto Fenway.
fafan

Postby maine612 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Fair assessment FAFan. I was talking about the circumstances as well. Winning the last game against a tough opponent like Stony Brook could be very difficult. UMass is obviously no gimme.

maine612

Postby Swisher » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Well I'm going down to the game and I'm bringing my family plus Gram and Gramps so there is 7 towards the total.
And I want Maine to win.
Maine 24
Blue Hens 17
Swisher

Postby SMAA » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 am

Bonny Eagle at Thornton semi final is at the same time. This will knock the crowd down a little. Wish TA would play Friday night.[/quote]

Rasputin you are correct attendance at the Maine/Delaware game will be way down because of the high school game. Football fans in southern Maine prefer high school games over UMaine games.
SMAA

Postby Muchups » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:20 am

SMAA wrote:Bonny Eagle at Thornton semi final is at the same time. This will knock the crowd down a little. Wish TA would play Friday night.

Rasputin you are correct attendance at the Maine/Delaware game will be way down because of the high school game. Football fans in southern Maine prefer high school games over UMaine games.[/quote]

I think this is too general of a statement. There will be fans at the Maine game, much more than will be at the BE/Thornton game. But, of course, some will choose to go to the high school game. This is most likely because they have a personal connection to either team or just have been following the HS season more closely.

That said, this is why it could be beneficial for UMaine to host games like this in Portland. Establishing a connection with Southern Maine fans and building a general awareness for the program in the region could benefit the program by increasing the overall fanbase.

There's no reason why anyone without a connection to the high schools should choose to go to a high school game over a game between a couple pretty high level FCS programs with a few future NFLers on the field.
Muchups

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:23 am

1. HS
2. BC
3. UNH
4. UNE
5. UMaine

That's about where the Black Bears stand on the Northern Mass amateur football interest list. UMaine is actually becoming more popular with out-of-state alums & fans than in-state townies & alums. Thankfully, UMaine is finally joining the ranks of other State U's with aging/dying/stagnant populations & recruiting heavily in other states & regions.
mainejeff

Postby fafan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:17 am

mainejeff wrote:1. HS
2. BC
3. UNH
4. UNE
5. UMaine

That's about where the Black Bears stand on the Northern Mass amateur football interest list. UMaine is actually becoming more popular with out-of-state alums & fans than in-state townies & alums. Thankfully, UMaine is finally joining the ranks of other State U's with aging/dying/stagnant populations & recruiting heavily in other states & regions.

If you are right MJ this means will see more UMaine fans at Fenway than at the Fitzy ;)
Certainly was the case when the Hockey team routinely went to the Garden for Hockey East playoffs :roll:
fafan

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics