Week #10 UMO Vs. Delaware Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Week #10 UMO Vs. Delaware Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:30 pm

We got 3 in a row! Can we make it 4? Yes! UMO on a streak now. They can take care of those Blue Hens from Delaware. Home game and it's being played down in Portland. Whoa! Should be a huge crowd on hand for this one. Largest of the year and the Blackbears get pumped for this one.

UMO 35
Delaware 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Re: Week #10 UMO Vs. Delaware Predictions

Postby sewey76 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:50 pm

I'm not quite on the bandwagon. So far the wins have been over weak teams. Delaware in Portland is possible but not a given. Maine 19 Delaware 17 If they can pull it off its possible to win out. Not sure if that will even get them in playoffs considering wins over weak opponents. I can see week one loss to UNH being the undoing.
sewey76

Postby SMAA » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:17 am

sewey76 wrote:I'm not quite on the bandwagon. So far the wins have been over weak teams. Delaware in Portland is possible but not a given. Maine 19 Delaware 17 If they can pull it off its possible to win out. Not sure if that will even get them in playoffs considering wins over weak opponents. I can see week one loss to UNH being the undoing.

Did I actually see some good defense being played against W&M or was it just that W&M's offense was not very good?
The Delaware game will be a good measuring game as to where UMaine stands. As far as the game being played in Portland I think attendance will be down. People that live in the Portland area tend not to care much about UMaine athletics for some reason.
SMAA

Postby mainejeff » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 am

Portland is UNH/BC territory....right SMAA? ;)

That being said.....Delaware lost to lowly Towson 18-17. Maine should win this one going away.
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 am

Archer Bunker wrote:We got 3 in a row! Can we make it 4? Yes! UMO on a streak now. They can take care of those Blue Hens from Delaware. Home game and it's being played down in Portland. Whoa! Should be a huge crowd on hand for this one. Largest of the year and the Blackbears get pumped for this one.

UMO 35
Delaware 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB

NOT a home game. A neutral site game. What makes you think there will be a huge crowd for this one? I'll hang up and listen.
thebam

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:54 pm

thebam wrote:
Archer Bunker wrote:We got 3 in a row! Can we make it 4? Yes! UMO on a streak now. They can take care of those Blue Hens from Delaware. Home game and it's being played down in Portland. Whoa! Should be a huge crowd on hand for this one. Largest of the year and the Blackbears get pumped for this one.

UMO 35
Delaware 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB

NOT a home game. A neutral site game. What makes you think there will be a huge crowd for this one? I'll hang up and listen.

Because UMO's Portland fans hate to travel up to Orono and the fans that live up there don't mind the drive down to Portland. Put the two together and you should have a much bigger crowd.

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby rasputin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:
thebam wrote:

UMO 35
Delaware 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB

Because UMO's Portland fans hate to travel up to Orono and the fans that live up there don't mind the drive down to Portland. Put the two together and you should have a much bigger crowd.

AB

Bonny Eagle at Thornton semi final is at the same time. This will knock the crowd down a little. Wish TA would play Friday night.
rasputin

Postby sewey76 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:12 am

I see UM winning out but still not making playoffs. Nightmare scenario is UNH wins out and squeaks in because of blown PAT. UNH is not that good but trust me they will make playoffs. My bet is Maine wins their conference
games loses to Mass at Fenway and misses playoffs
sewey76

Postby fafan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:36 am

sewey76 wrote:I see UM winning out but still not making playoffs. Nightmare scenario is UNH wins out and squeaks in because of blown PAT. UNH is not that good but trust me they will make playoffs. My bet is Maine wins their conference
games loses to Mass at Fenway and misses playoffs

Maine has now gone 2 games without allowing a TD. Delaware has two shared opponents, Albany and JMU and both scores were very similar. UD's offense has struggled just like most teams in the CAA. I see us winning another close one 21-10.

Maine will need to beat UMass to get into the playoffs which will be a real tough game. UMass has won 2 in a row and their team speed is superior to ours. They destroyed GSU and just beat App. State in OT.
fafan

Postby maine612 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:28 pm

If Maine wins out they are in the playoffs. 7-3 with an FBS win. No brainer. With that said, tough to do. That Stony Brook game is the toughest of the bunch.

Maine wins this weekend 24-20

maine612

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics