Pre-Season games ..post yours ...

post info & talk all things girls basketball....

Pre-Season games ..post yours ...

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 am

Gardiner Girls Basketball
Pre-Season Round Robin
Saturday December 2
updated schedule posted below ..
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Gardiner Pre-Season Round Robin ... Sat. Dec 2

Postby gahshoops » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:02 pm

This is still happening... The schedule will change a little, but we are still planning to hold this event. We will be using the middle school for some games, and one of the schools in the Oak Hill district for the other games. As soon as I have everything finalized, I will update things here. I'm very thankful that Oak Hill was willing to help us out, as there should be some great games being played at this event.

As for the regular season, it's still up in the air. It's going to be a mix of venues (including several area schools and the civic center), which will hopefully be finalized soon as well. It will certainly be interesting.
gahshoops

Postby hoopsisme » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:58 pm

What's going on with Gardiners gym?
hoopsisme

Postby gahshoops » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Here is the updated schedule for December 2nd. We will be using Gardiner Middle School and the Carrie Ricker School in Litchfield. A huge thank you goes to Oak Hill for helping us out with a gym so that we could make this round robin happen despite our current gym issues.

At Gardiner Middle School

9:00 South Portland vs Medomak
10:20 Richmond vs Maranacook
11:40 Yarmouth vs. Medomak
1:00 Wiscasset vs Maranacook
2:20 Gardiner vs Massabesic
3:40 Gardiner vs Central
5:00 Messalonskee vs Bonny Eagle
6:20 Gardiner vs Winslow
7:40 Bonny Eagle vs Winslow

At Carrie Ricker School (Litchfield)

9:00 Brunswick vs Yarmouth
10:20 Oak Hill vs Erskine
11:40 Brunswick vs South Portland
1:00 Foxcroft vs Oak Hill
2:20 Richmond vs Erskine
3:40 Winslow vs Monmouth
5:00 Foxcroft vs Wiscasset
6:20 Central vs Massabesic
7:40 Messalonskee vs Monmouth
gahshoops

Re: Pre-Season games ..post yours ...

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 am

Hodgdon Hawks to host preseason hoops tourney

The schedule for games is as follows:

Friday, Nov. 25 — Woodland girls vs. SA, 9 a.m.; Woodland boys vs. SA, 10 a.m.; Woodland girls vs. Katahdin, 11 a.m.; Woodland boys vs GHCA, noon; Shead girls vs. SA, 1 p.m.; Shead boys vs SA, 2 p.m.; Shead girls vs. Katahdin, 3 p.m.; Shead boys vs. GHCA, 4 p.m.; Hodgdon girls vs Katahdin, 5 p.m.; Hodgdon boys vs. GHCA, 6 p.m.

Saturday, Nov. 26 — Hodgdon girls vs. SA, 9 a.m.; Hodgdon boys vs. SA, 10 a.m.; Katahdin girls vs. SA, 11 a.m.; GHCA boys vs. SA, noon; Hodgdon girls vs. Shead, 1 p.m.; Hodgdon boys vs. Shead, 2 p.m.; Woodland girls vs. Shead, 3 p.m.; Woodland boys vs. Shead, 4 p.m.; Woodland girls vs. Hodgdon, 5 p.m.; and Woodland boys vs. Hodgdon, 6 p.m.

http://thecounty.me/2017/11/21/sports/h ... s-tourney/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 am

Seahawk girls in preseason tourney
Boothbay travels to Monmouth Saturday for three games

The Boothbay Region High School girls’ basketball season begins this weekend with three games on Saturday, Nov. 25 in Monmouth. Boothbay and fellow two Mountain Valley Conference members are taking on opponents from the Western Maine Conference.

Boothbay plays Old Orchard Beach at 11:30 a.m., Traip at 3:15 p.m., and Waynflete at 5:45 p.m. All games are running time. Monmouth Academy and Madison are the other two MVC teams participating in the pre-season tournament. Game admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and students, under age 5 is free. One admission is paid for all games.

http://www.boothbayregister.com/article ... rney/94835
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Therealslimshady » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 pm

I know a lot of coaches like to play games this upcoming weekend. My question is why? How are you ready to play games after 3 days of tryouts, Thanksgiving off and then play Fri/Sat?! What happened to preparing your team by implementing defensive philosophy/offense/press breakers/OOB plays, etc? I know the answer....we HAVE to play games. The game of basketball in Maine has taken a HUGE step backwards IMO.
Therealslimshady

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Therealslimshady wrote:I know a lot of coaches like to play games this upcoming weekend. My question is why? How are you ready to play games after 3 days of tryouts, Thanksgiving off and then play Fri/Sat?! What happened to preparing your team by implementing defensive philosophy/offense/press breakers/OOB plays, etc? I know the answer....we HAVE to play games. The game of basketball in Maine has taken a HUGE step backwards IMO.

Therealslimlady: I couldn't agree with you more. Excellent, reasonable, timely, informative and truthful post.

But you don't need to put anything in offensively or defensively if you are trying to imitate what the coach, players , parents and fans see on TV for D-1 and NBA basketball.

You just free lance on offense shooting the 3's by allowing the players to decide who shoots, when they shoot and where they shoot from. They are trying to play on what little athletic talent that they have compared to D-1 and NBA players on which is nothing more than athletes playing basketball, certainly not basketball players playing basketball.

Defense in many cases is just waiting for the other team to shoot so you can get the ball back. No help defense on dribble penetration, slow closing out on shooters after helping out, incorrect hand up on a player with the ball, not keeping the triangle guarding a player without the ball, not forcing ball to the middle where the help is not your big men, not waiting until ball leaves shooter's hands to block the shot, not leaving feet guarding a player with the ball until that player leaves their feet on the shot and not boxing out on the defensive boards

Just my opinion but I agree with you 110%
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:19 am

Gippers Hall of Fame Basketball Tournament

Friday, Nov. 24
Girls:
Poland vs. ELHS 1 p.m.
Lewiston vs. Leavitt 2:30 p.m.
ELHS JVs vs. LHS JVs 4 p.m.
Lewiston vs. Poland 5:30 p.m.
Leavitt vs. ELHS 7 p.m.