TA vs. Oxford Hills (Pregame Thoughts)

post info & talk all things Football...

Re: TA vs. Oxford Hills (Pregame Thoughts)

Postby TAallday » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

I forgot to include Parker Lafrance (TE/LB) on Oxford Hill's impact players list along with Emerson Brown (RB). Winslow is a CB for the Hills too. Mistake on that one.
TAallday

Postby Details » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

TAallday wrote:I forgot to include Parker Lafrance (TE/LB) on Oxford Hill's impact players list along with Emerson Brown (RB). Winslow is a CB for the Hills too. Mistake on that one.

There's other news on the OH front that will affect the game, but some things are better left unsaid until after the game! :) (never know who is reading!)
Details

Postby TAallday » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Details, is this injury news you don't want to divulge? I listened to The OHills coach on the radio and he stated that Tasker Winslow is playing center for the Vikings now. Very interesting move, but he stated that it has helped a lot. Great to hear that Winslow took it upon himself as a senior to make the move and get it done for his team mates. Cool story!!
TAallday

Postby Details » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:23 pm

As you could see, injuries to #34 and #14 sort of surfaced late. OH had no offense and no chance. The defense was valiant for a half only yielding 7 points....but as I mentioned in another post, OH just doesn't have the depth.

Hopefully they get healed up quick or next week is going to be another tough night!
Details

Postby TAallday » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Next week will be a rough one regardless. Scarborough beat Windham by almost 60!
TAallday

Thornton Academy tackles Oxford Hills

Postby SJ » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 am

Thornton Academy tackles Oxford Hills

...Dawson Stevens, the top runner in Class A North heading into Friday, went down early in the third with an ankle injury and was unable to return, joining previously injured back Emerson Brown on the Oxford Hills sideline.

The Trojans scored on their first play of their ensuing drive as Mitchell threw over the top to C.J. LaBreck for a 27-yard score. Mitchell ended the next drive with a 44-yard touchdown throw to Bracamonte, splitting two defenders.

After a tough loss to Bonny Eagle last week, Mitchell was excited about his team’s effort, Friday.

“It's a great win,” Mitchell said. “Coach said we could go either one of two ways, we could either come out with no energy or we could come out with a lot of energy.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ls/2212884
SJ

Re: TA vs. Oxford Hills

Postby WMTW » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:45 am

Travis Lee‏Verified account @TLee_WMTW
Big play Cameron Jones leads @TATrojanSports road win at @Oxfordhillsfb despite unreal catch by Alex Turner
watch video:https://twitter.com/TLee_WMTW/status/916517972797284352
WMTW

Postby Details » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:18 am

Some final thoughts:

TA's defense was very stout last night. I will point out the loss of #34 and #14 prior to the game for OH left them with very little diversity and probably 25% of their offensive weapons\yardage. Do I think OH wins with them? No. However, missing two very important pieces the OH D was in a 7-0 game with 35 seconds left in the half when the O gave up a pick 6. OH just didn't have the depth to replace those kids and keep the D off the field. TA struck again on the first drive in the 2nd half.

OH put a couple of JV players in when it was 21-0 and Stevens and #55 got injured. TA put it away with a couple of bombs after that. But it was over once it was 21-0 and Stevens got hurt on the kick return.

I really thought it was a hard hitting tough game for 2 quarters. TA had to work the ball down the field and OH was bending without completely breaking. Of course, reality is you have to have the personnel to play 4 quarters against teams like that and we just can't keep up and play at the level for 4 quarters.

It is what it is! #16 Mitchell has an impressive arm but I am more impressed with his toughness running the football. A great trait to have!
Details

Postby TAallday » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:25 am

Mitchell is definitely impressive and I’m glad we have him to lead the team over the next two seasons.

TA showed their dominance in the second half, but it could have even been worse if they executed in the first half.
TAallday

Postby Details » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:49 am

TAallday wrote:Mitchell is definitely impressive and I’m glad we have him to lead the team over the next two seasons.

TA showed their dominance in the second half, but it could have even been worse if they executed in the first half.

Could have been less worse if OH would have executed. :) OH put themselves into terrible field position after the 1st TA touchdown and kickoff return (missed the ball and let it get inside the 10 yard line) and basically got mired into field position issues. I thought they responded pretty well and played TA pretty tough. They didn't have a great answer for #16's keepers, that's for sure.

I think OH would have kept the game into the 28-0 range if they wouldn't have gotten those injuries and started pulling starters. Pretty obvious we were watching two teams with different goals managing the game completely differently once it got to 28-0. Should have been a 7-0 game at the half!

Doesn't really matter I guess. TA is on a different level than OH and the depth of TA was very evident as they can replace #45 with a guy like #41. Very impressive and TA will only get better. OH needs to try to stay in one piece to have a chance in the North!
Details

PreviousNext

Return to Football: Maine High School & Amateur