A Great Era for Civil Discourse

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: A Great Era for Civil Discourse

Postby mainejeff » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:10 am

I've heard Trump rake Chicago over the coals again & again. Will he do the same to Las Vegas? White shooter & white victims....I'm guessing the answer is no.
mainejeff

Postby midcoastman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:46 am

hawksfan wrote:
midcoastman wrote:So, I'll comment on the original American Thinker piece.

It lost me at the following, which also happens to be the opening sentance:

President Donald Trump didn't start this fight and is not responsible for the divisiveness that the NFL kneeling protest has wrought. Colin Kaepernick and the NFL alone are responsible for the uproar that's occurred.

To say that Kaepernick is "alone" responsible for the uproar would simply discredit any and all reasons that Kaepernick sat/knelt in the first place. The rest of the opinion piece hinges on this understanding, so it is unimportant to a dialogue of civil discourse.

I fear you didn't read the entire piece; are you saying a Presidential Council on Race Relations is an unworthy endeavor? What set you against the piece was nothing but a preamble, the reason I posted the article was not to have anyone be persuaded about Kap etc....it was about the idea of actually addressing the issues that are pressing in nature...if all this is ever going to be is "white people suck & its all their fault", its hard to believe these problems enumerated later in the piece will ever be resolved because they'll have never been addressed.

I mean, I think the preamble, and your concerned response highlights my issue with this. Poor source of information, led by a really poor opening, leads me to disregard everything else. Sorry, that's the real world...
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:37 pm

One hour before the depraved monster ended or ruinously altered so many lives...

No politics....just Americans belting it out....

https://mobile.twitter.com/KayaJones/st ... 72/video/1
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 am

mainejeff wrote:I've heard Trump rake Chicago over the coals again & again. Will he do the same to Las Vegas? White shooter & white victims....I'm guessing the answer is no.

Straw, false alegations, cheap political grandstanding....check, check aaannnddd....check...

Does this happen every day, month & year in Las Vegas...? No...

But in Chicago it does. There's mass shooting in "Chiraq-o", (as christened by none other than Spike Lee), every. single. month. Chicago has the most restrictive gun laws in the country, Chicago is infested with violent gangs, Chicago has been run by Democrats for generations & has "Fergusson-ified" it's police force.

But, (index finger to lips), shhhhhh.....no truth telling allowed, right MJ? Better, much easier to score cheap political points, virtue signal style & unfounded attack on the President, right MJ? Bet you had a nice warm progressive twinge as you hit "submit" with that trope...
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:04 am

Why do you think that white men keep committing these random mass murders in the USA?
mainejeff

Postby midcoastman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

hawksfan wrote:One hour before the depraved monster ended or ruinously altered so many lives...

No politics....just Americans belting it out....

https://mobile.twitter.com/KayaJones/st ... 72/video/1

Beautiful and emotional display. This should be the focus of our emotions. Well done, Hawks.
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:38 am

mainejeff wrote:Why do you think that white men keep committing these random mass murders in the USA?

Thats way beyond me MJ; couldn't tell ya. It seems to me looking at each case individually is the best way to go to determine the "why". The common theme appears to be madness...if that is true, what can possibly be done?

This latest piece of crud purchased through legal channels 33 weapons in the last year. Any gun owners out there... does that mean his name was run the through the federal data base 33 separate times? If so, is that not a red flag? Maybe ATF could have forgotten the "A" & the "T", focused on the "F" and given this guy the hairy eyeball to head him off at the pass?

But would that be a 2nd Amendment violation? And even if not, that tactic wouldn't have worked with roof, holmes or lanza....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 am

Banning bump stocks is a no brainer.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:Banning bump stocks is a no brainer.

Agreed...I know only whats been put out there the last few days...

It defies logic to think that fully automatic weapons ("machine guns") have been banned since 1934, (& re-codified in law again in 1986), and yet modifications to turn a semi into a fully is not illegal.

Is that true...? Bump stocks ostensibly turns, say, an AR-15 into a machine gun? And are those things legal & easily obtained?

Nevertheless...as far as I know this incident is the first involving bump stocks; banning them may prevent a copy of Vegas, (how many are out there?), but it won't really change things much...
hawksfan

Postby driveandive » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 pm

Any bans are meaningless unless 3D printers are made illegal.
driveandive

PreviousNext

Return to Politics