The Great Divider

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

The Great Divider

Postby midcoastman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:24 am

Trump is a divider, not a unifier. I don't care about past presidents or presidential candidates. Donald J. Trump is a divider, and he's our president. Truly sad. Look no further than his tweeter feed for evidence.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
midcoastman

Re: The Great Divider

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am

That's the really sad part of all of this. As a nation we don't need any help with getting angry with each other over relatively meaningless stuff. We need help finding common ground.

I got caught up in Trump's hustle myself. If you're offended by NFL players during the anthem stop watching the NFL, it was perfect outside on Sunday. If enough people tune the NFL out the owners will have players juggling bald eagles during the anthem within a couple of years.

Meanwhile tens of thousands of Americans are struggling to rebuild after hurricanes and we're marching closer to war in Korea.
Mike Tomlin

Postby midcoastman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:42 am

War in Korea is not likely. China would snuff things out if it got too out of hand. Too much to lose for them. China is the only reason NK is NK.
midcoastman

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:35 am

midcoastman wrote:War in Korea is not likely. China would snuff things out if it got too out of hand. Too much to lose for them. China is the only reason NK is NK.

If they try to lob a missile over Japan and it fails then lands on a town there....

If they launch one off the coast of Guam...

If Russia decides that a war would benefit them and they launch some kind of covert cyber war...

If one of the two children at the center of all this makes an impulsive move...

I agree that China is the grown up here, but I think it's moving beyond their control quickly. And they have no reason to prevent NK from developing the technology to deliver a nuke to Seattle or LA.
Mike Tomlin

Postby midcoastman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:33 pm

And they have no reason to prevent NK from developing the technology to deliver a nuke to Seattle or LA.

They have a huge rea$on to prevent that from happening.
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 pm

midcoastman wrote:Trump is a divider, not a unifier. I don't care about past presidents or presidential candidates. Donald J. Trump is a divider, and he's our president. Truly sad. Look no further than his tweeter feed for evidence.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

I'll grant your critique of Trumpy as a divider and accept your admonishment against a bout of "whataboutism" regarding past candidates and past POTUS(s). (I will state categorically that the last unifying POTUS was Ronaldus Maximus...so we're three decades removed from a POTUS bringing us together).

Having said that it is progressivism that has, and continues to, divide our nation. Progressivism literally cannot survive a unified populace; it's very oxygen is division and strife and conflict.

Victor Davis Hanson is galaxies more eloquent than I on this...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -hypocrisy

Ben Shapiro weighs in on who "wins" in this latest skirmish in our never ending internecine culture war...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... t-football

Regardless.... can't they all just please leave our flag & anthem out of all of this...?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... re-respect
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:29 pm

The GOP runs the federal government now. We haven't repealed or replaces the ACA, but we are arguing about football players. What else is there to say?
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:48 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:The GOP runs the federal government now. We haven't repealed or replaces the ACA, but we are arguing about football players. What else is there to say?

Well ring up future Governor Collins (RINO-UniParty) & ask her why she values the good graces of Planned Parenthood versus those of her constituents...
hawksfan

Postby midcoastman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 am

She represents her state well. Maine is a blue state, even if we don't always live in a blue region. She is a moderate Republican. Perfect representation of the spirit of Maine. Disagree with her if you like, but she is representing the wishes of her constituents.
midcoastman

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:30 am

midcoastman wrote:She represents her state well. Maine is a blue state, even if we don't always live in a blue region. She is a moderate Republican. Perfect representation of the spirit of Maine. Disagree with her if you like, but she is representing the wishes of her constituents.

I agree. She did the right thing.
Mike Tomlin

Next

Return to Politics