Truth vs Narrative...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: Truth vs Narrative...

Postby hawksfan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:With regard to my overly broad characterization of all of them being virtue signalers...I just watched an interview segment conducted by Coach Dungy....thoughtful young men...I withdraw my opinion on their why, while maintaining my extreme dislike of their target & venue...please fellas...leave the flag & anthem alone, find another way to make the impact you want...

The criticism stands for any & all of the Hollywood ass-hats...

I myself stand with one of your guys Mikey....Alejandro Villenuevo....American hero & patriot....

Trump provided the opposite of leadership and blew this up.

Agreed. He was a rally...90% unscripted, Trumpy being Trumpy....off the cuff, stream of consciousness, tongue way ahead of the brain, (I can easily invision Gen. Kelly with cartoon steam coming from his ears), in full DJ-TrumpyPrez mode. Ironically, considering the article I linked in post #1, he'd have done much good by addressing the issue in a more formal, sober way. With a nod to Peggy Noonan...I want UN Trumpy, not rally/tweety Trumpy...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:34 am

Trump is creating a controversy about an athlete that doesn't have a job. The NFL effectively fired him, Kaepernick is better than at least half a dozen starting quarterbacks and almost every back up. Just not good enough to justify the controversy.

Michael Bennett is good enough. So he survives in a meritocracy. What is more American than that?
Mike Tomlin

Postby mainejeff » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:35 am

Does Trump know that he has destroyed his name brand forever? Maybe he doesn't care...but I'm sure that his kids do.
mainejeff

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:57 am

mainejeff wrote:Does Trump know that he has destroyed his name brand forever? Maybe he doesn't care...but I'm sure that his kids do.

Meh, he'll just stop building stuff for rich people and start selling more cheap crap to morons. How long until we see a Trump sponsored NASCAR team?
Mike Tomlin

Previous

Return to Politics