Truth vs Narrative...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Truth vs Narrative...

Postby hawksfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 am

hawksfan

Re: Truth vs Narrative...

Postby midcoastman » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:43 am

Here some divisive rhetoric from Trump on his twitter account:

"The greatest influence over our election was the Fake News Media "screaming" for Crooked Hillary Clinton. Next, she was a bad candidate!"

"Rand Paul, or whoever votes against Hcare Bill, will forever (future political campaigns) be known as "the Republican who saved ObamaCare.""

"I was saddened to see how bad the ratings were on the Emmys last night - the worst ever. Smartest people of them all are the "DEPLORABLES.""

"The travel ban into the United States should be far larger, tougher and more specific-but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!"

"Only true Americans can see that president Trump is making America great. He's the only person who can! Haters are jealous of his success"* *This is a retweet, but it was retweeted by POTUS

"ESPN is paying a really big price for its politics (and bad programming). People are dumping it in RECORD numbers. Apologize for untruth!"

"The "deplorables" came back to haunt Hillary.They expressed their feelings loud and clear. She spent big money but, in the end, had no game!"

"I am pleased to inform you that I have just granted a full Pardon to 85 year old American patriot Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He kept Arizona safe!"

"The Fake News is now complaining about my different types of back to back speeches. Well, there was Afghanistan (somber), the big Rally (enthusiastic, dynamic and fun) and the American Legion - V.A. (respectful and strong). Too bad the Dems have no one who can change tones!"

Retweet of Obama Eclipse Picture.

"Thank you, the very dishonest Fake News Media is out of control! "

"Heading back to Washington after working hard and watching some of the worst and most dishonest Fake News reporting I have ever seen!"

"Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston. Police are looking tough and smart! Thank you."

"The Obstructionist Democrats make Security for our country very difficult. They use the courts and associated delay at all times. Must stop!"

"Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!"

"The public is learning (even more so) how dishonest the Fake News is. They totally misrepresent what I say about hate, bigotry etc. Shame!"

"Publicity seeking Lindsey Graham falsely stated that I said there is moral equivalency between the KKK, neo-Nazis & white supremacists and people like Ms. Heyer. Such a disgusting lie. He just can't forget his election trouncing.The people of South Carolina will remember!"

"Amazon is doing great damage to tax paying retailers. Towns, cities and states throughout the U.S. are being hurt - many jobs being lost!"

"For every CEO that drops out of the Manufacturing Council, I have many to take their place. Grandstanders should not have gone on. JOBS!"

"I think Senator Blumenthal should take a nice long vacation in Vietnam, where he lied about his service, so he can at least say he was there"

"How much longer will the failing nytimes, with its big losses and massive unfunded liability (and non-existent sources), remain in business?"

"Never in U.S.history has anyone lied or defrauded voters like Senator Richard Blumenthal. He told stories about his Vietnam battles and conquests, how brave he was, and it was all a lie. He cried like a baby and begged for forgiveness like a child. Now he judges collusion?"

"Interesting to watch Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut talking about hoax Russian collusion when he was a phony Vietnam con artist!"

"I love the White House, one of the most beautiful buildings (homes) I have ever seen. But Fake News said I called it a dump - TOTALLY UNTRUE"

"Only the Fake News Media and Trump enemies want me to stop using Social Media (110 million people). Only way for me to get the truth out!"

"I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA"

This is a lot of negativity from the Trump twitter feed. A skeptical person may have a difficult time taking his "positive" statements seriously when his twitter feed suggests otherwise. I have long said that if Trump didn't tweet, he would be taken much more seriously. Also, after reviewing almost two months of his tweets, I have come to find that he tweets about the Senate filibuster rules a lot, which is laughable because he can't even get his Republican majority in the Senate to agree on anything, let alone the dems.
midcoastman

Postby hawksfan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:13 pm

I agree that the tweeting is, to put it mildly, exasperating. 99% of the tweets you quote are political attacks against adversaries, many of whom have been just as generous with their attacks on him.

However, the article I posted pertained to contradicting the BHG legacy media narrative that somehow Trumpy is anti this or that minority group...it is a falsehood concocted by the BHG's.

Hence, while I agree with many of your thoughts on the tweets, I disagree that your reference to them is an effective counter to the article I posted.
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Failed ACA repeal-tweet, yet another NK missile over a Japan-tweet, amnesty deal-tweet, debt ceiling raised-tweet, etc... He's a complete POS.
Mike Tomlin

Postby midcoastman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:27 am

And now he's going ballistic about black players kneeling for the national anthem. You can agree with him, but he's racially divisive and panders to his base and their obvious hate of minortiy groups.
midcoastman

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 pm

midcoastman wrote:And now he's going ballistic about black players kneeling for the national anthem. You can agree with him, but he's racially divisive and panders to his base and their obvious hate of minortiy groups.

Obama waded too far into racial politics, and the right called him out for it. He made big mistakes, but Trump is just throwing gas on a fire... and for no reason. Plus he is way too flabby to call out professional athletes on social media, at least Obama was in shape. Trump needs to give his phone and his fork a vacation.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 pm

midcoastman wrote:And now he's going ballistic about black players kneeling for the national anthem. You can agree with him, but he's racially divisive and panders to his base and their obvious hate of minortiy groups.

Interesting double standard employed here. A significant number of black athletes have politicized sports and are involved in an obviously divisive & racially charged anti cop, anti military & anti America campaign...that ok. People who don't like their sports politicized, don't like cop, military & America haters...have an "obvious hate of minority groups".

Right, gotcha....better make sure that those that have that "obvious (obvious to whom? Liberals?) hate" are 100% white, right?
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:54 pm

That's a racist statement. African-Americans are not a minority in the NFL, and a small minority of them were peacefully protesting. It became a "significant number" in response to Trump. And there has never been an anti-military aspect to this.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm

But moving on from there...interesting timing here re: your original tweet post...Trumpy just can't stand prosperity can he? Has a fairly successful couple of weeks, knocks it out at the UN...& then descends into skirmishing with celebrities & athletes.

Why? For what purpose? Whose interests are served? Certainly not ours..."ours" meaning all Americans. The idea that our President needs to weigh in on mundane culture questions crystalized under BHO...stupid Cambridge cops, Trayvon could be my son, hoop brackets...& DJT has taken even further now. Hopefully whoever #46 (Haley '24!!)turns out to be in '24 will dial it back big time. To be President to all Americans a President cannot take a side in our never ending cultural kerfluffles...
hawksfan

Postby hawksfan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:That's a racist statement. African-Americans are not a minority in the NFL, and a small minority of them were peacefully protesting. It became a "significant number" in response to Trump. And there has never been an anti-military aspect to this.

1) not a racist statement, a statement of fact by definition cannot be any -ist, -ism or -phobic, 2) who cares re: minority in NFL, didn't comment on that, 3) you're wrong re: small vs significant #...& when....it became a significant # when an entire team...Cleveland...took a knee in their preseason games, 4) military...most certainly is anti military...when you show total disrespect for our anthem & flag in the exercise of your rights that others have died to ensure you possess your are by definition anti military.
hawksfan

Next

Return to Politics