MBR Video live - week 8:: Edward Little @ Lewiston

post info & talk all things Football...

MBR Video week 5: Windham at Oxford Hills 9/30 1pm

Postby MattyB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:30 am

Sniper01 wrote:
Tom Nolette wrote:MBR Video broadcast:
Sat Sept 23. 1 pm
Windham at Portland

I really enjoy the Mbr broadcasts. they are very well done... That being said....

Is this the best game of the week? Both teams are terrible. combined they could not compete with the best teams in the south...

Or are the games predetermined before the start of the year?

Multiple reasonings...however with the current state of A North any division game could be key later. We also like to hit different communities that have known successful streaming set-ups. As more communities add hard-wired internet and shelter from elements, the more venues will be available to choose from.
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Re: MBR Video Streams: Week 4.. Windham at Portland

Postby MattyB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 am

Details wrote:
Sniper01 wrote:Or are the games predetermined before the start of the year?

MBR has a schedule up so yes, I believe they are predetermined. And really, this is somewhat of a compelling game for some of us who pay attention to A North more than we do the South so I am happy I will be able to see a replay of this game and see what takes place.

Different strokes for different folks! But my take is this: Can Portland compete at this point in the season or are they really that far behind the rest of A North? Windham and Portland has been a good rivlary...can the Bulldogs summon up a fighting spirit and upset the Eagles? I think this a better game on the field than it is on paper.

This is a big game for both teams. Windham, looking to get healthy and find their groove, and for Portland, could be their season.
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby Silo34 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Wanted to go see the Wells - Madison game tonight, but ends up i going to miss it, that got me thinking about whether any games are on local radio stations in southern maine (portland south). I know when i was growing up the local station always had local hs games on, im old as dirt so probably things have changed. Just curious if any stations Portland South have local high school teams on the radio on Friday nights . Im not sure if theres even a radio station south of portland but figured id ask...
Silo34

Postby MBRer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 pm

replay of live broadcast

Sept 23: Windham 7, Portland 6..
MBR Video Broadcast Replay : https://youtu.be/7IyMjZ28BYc/

MBR Radio Network‏ @MBRRadio
Portland field goal attempt called "no good" after a delayed call. 7-6 @rsu14athletics wins. #mesports
MBRer

Windham, controversial finish add to Portland's frustration

Postby Forecaster » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:58 am

Windham, controversial finish add to Portland's frustration

PORTLAND—After three weeks of frustration, Portland’s football team was on the verge of a soul-cleansing, momentum-building victory Saturday afternoon at Fitzpatrick Stadium against rival Windham in a regional final rematch.

The Bulldogs, who fell behind, 7-0, when the Eagles got a 12-yard touchdown run from junior Treva Valliere and an extra point from junior Liam McCusker in the second quarter, answered with 10:35 to play in regulation, when senior quarterback Terion Moss scored on a 16-yard run, but a subsequent two-point conversion rush was stuffed.

Still trailing by a point, Portland drove the field late in the contest and appeared to take the lead with 16.5 seconds left when senior Quinn Clarke kicked a 27-yard field goal that was initially ruled good, then was overturned.

http://www.theforecaster.net/windham-co ... ustration/
Forecaster

Re: MBR Video Replay: Windham 7, Portland 6 amid controver

Postby PPH » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:18 am

Reversed call at end preserves Windham’s win
Eagles edge Portland 7-6 when the Bulldogs' field goal is ruled wide left after an official had first signaled it good.

...“When I see the umpire (raise his hands), it’s good,” said Portland Coach Jim Hartman. “He says, ‘I changed my mind.’ That’s bogus.”

The game was officiated by a four-man crew, instead of the preferred five. One official was injured and said early Saturday he could not work the game, according to Hartman and his coaching staff. If five officials had been present, “they would have had two (officials) under” the goal posts, Hartman said.

Three stadium security workers who had good angles and were near the goal posts said the kick was wide left by 1 to 3 feet. Windham Coach Matt Perkins thought the kick, which sounded like it was deflected by a Windham player, “was definitely 3 or 4 yards wide.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/09/23/f ... dhams-win/
PPH

MBR Video week 5: Windham at Oxford Hills 9/30 1pm

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 am

Week 5 Sat
MBR live video steam:
Sept 30 1pm
Windham at Oxford Hills

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: MBR Video week 5: Windham at Oxford Hills 9/30 1pm

Postby Details » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:10 am

This should be a slobber-knocker of a football game!

Take away the BE aberration and Windham has yielded a total of 20 points to its A North counterparts in 3 games (6.67 points per game allowed).
Take away the "who cares" TD against Bangor and OH has yielded a total of 31 points to its A North counterparts in 3 games (10.3 points per game allowed).

Neither team has executed all that well offensively with lots of dropped passes, penalties, fumbles, etc. Who will grow up this week? I'd like to think OH will have its best game of the year during its homecoming this weekend and put themselves back into contention. After all, EL and Lewiston still have to play each other so anything is possible in A North.

I predicted an OH close victory because they should get some key players back this week that are difference-makers and their 3rd string center (that is who struggled last week with snaps against EL) has had a full week of practice (I hope) to work out any issues. Perhaps even the 2nd string center will be back? Who knows? I can tell you the injury to their starting center earlier this year (senior 3-year starter) has had a major impact on their quality of play. Not an excuse, just a real reason behind their struggles.

This will be a tough game with tough kids. Windham's line is very tough and the OH defense is also very tough so we will see who wins the battle of wills.
Details

Postby MattyB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 am

Coach Matt Perkins interview previewing week 5: https://soundcloud.com/matt-boutwell/bl ... -mike-lowe
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:44 am

MBR video stream live

Windham at Oxford Hills
https://youtu.be/abBIR67tWz4
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette