Lisbon:: scores early, then keeps Mountain Valley quiet

post info & talk all things Soccer (BOYS)...

Postby SJ » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:59 am

Austin scores hat trick, Lisbon dominates Oak Hill

...“He’s been here since his freshman year, he’s got the experience,” Sylvester said. “He knows that he has to step up in his role. He is patient and he has to be our spark plug and our leader out there. Today was a good day for him, he was in the right place at the right time.”

At the right time, indeed, as Austin netted two second-half goals to capitalize on the possession advantage Lisbon held throughout the game.

“It’s not all about me, my guys had to come forward and get the ball,” Austin said. “Cam (Poisson), our forward, had a great touch. Everyone was dishing it into the middle, and if it wasn’t there I’d give it back and they’d pass it right back.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... ll/2187657
Last edited by SJ on Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ

Lisbon:: trounces Wiscasset

Postby SJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:16 am

Lisbon trounces Wiscasset in boys' soccer

...Lisbon fans arriving late on Friday missed Noah Austin and Cam Poisson team up twice for a 2-0 edge. Poisson finished an Austin pass just 5:41 in, and Austin completed a feed form Poisson at 11:03.

“The start was important, especially after we had a couple slow starts recently,” said Austin, who picked up a second assist when Poisson scored with 14:39 remaining in the first half for a 3-0 Lisbon lead. “I love playing with Cam. Nick (Austin) is playing behind us, and we are able to rotate the ball inside. It is working well so far.”

“We switched it up as Nick (Austin) was up top, and I decided to push Nick back and move Noah (Austin) up,” Sylvester said. “Those moves are working so we will roll with it. Noah is the type of kid that I can put anywhere, and Cam will stay up high. He has come a long way and has a great touch around the net.”

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... er/2201026
SJ

Postby SJ » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:09 am

Lisbon scores early, then keeps Mountain Valley quiet

...After making that length-of-a-game drive, Mountain Valley spent the actual length of the game trying to find some offense. It was to no avail, and the Falcons were stuck playing catch-up for most of Wednesday's 1-0 loss to Lisbon in an MVC boys' soccer game.

Mountain Valley coach JT Taylor said his team came out flat "right off the bus." Things didn't get much better for the Falcons (6-2-3), who in Taylor's eyes played the "worst game we've played all season."

"It seemed like they came out flat, probably a long bus ride," Lisbon senior captain Noah Austin said. "We do that too when we go far places."

For the Greyhounds (6-3-1), it was one of their biggest wins of the season, and the one that carries the most Heal points with it.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sp ... et/2211288
SJ

Return to Soccer (BOYS): Maine High School & Amateur