Hussin Braves
waltwhite

Re: Congrats to my friend BCBC

Postby waltwhite » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:00 pm

waltwhite wrote:
waltwhite wrote:Hudson Braves*

Sorry bcbc. I hate auto correct

Hussin Braves

I reread ch 4 last night. One of my favorite. Bob Walsh should run this offense. I know chris markwood would. (Maybe he's modeling now...dreamboat).

I say that kyrie is top 10 in NBA
Here are my top 10

1) bron
2. KD
3. Russ
4 the truth
5 the brow
6 the beard
7 steph
8 kyrie
9 Gordon Hayward
10. klay
waltwhite

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:11 pm

waltwhite wrote:
waltwhite wrote:
waltwhite wrote:Hudson Braves*

Sorry bcbc. I hate auto correct

Hussin Braves

I reread ch 4 last night. One of my favorite. Bob Walsh should run this offense. I know chris markwood would. (Maybe he's modeling now...dreamboat).

I say that kyrie is top 10 in NBA
Here are my top 10

1) bron
2. KD
3. Russ
4 the truth
5 the brow
6 the beard
7 steph
8 kyrie
9 Gordon Hayward
10. klay

waltwhite: I have to check the red underlined words for my spelling errors.

When I played at Husson in the 50's we were the Husson Braves today they are the Husson Eagles.

I like your list of top NBA 10, although the only team I really follow are the San Antonio Spurs.

If the UMaine job happens to open up after this coming season Chris Markwood also would be my choice for the position.

Also, am thinking about writing my 3rd basketball book entitled "A Quick Hitting Offense vs. the Shot Clock".

When I was coaching at John Bapst Memorial High School in Bangor in 1993 we had the biggest high school in height in Maine high school basketball history. We were center 6'11", forwards 6'8", 6'8", 6'4" point guard, 6'2" off guard and lst sub of the bench 6'3" forward-guard.

We did not have very good perimeter 3 point shooting so teams would double down on the post and give us the open threes so we had to come up with something to counter that. We did as that team went 22-0 and were class B state champions. We were able to get the ball inside for the player on the block and got open layups for the offensive player whose defender was doubling the post man with the ball or without the ball.

If a team has good 3 point shooters than that makes this offense even so much more dangerous as it gets open looks for 3's on the double downs.

The offense is successful because of the UNIQUE PLAYER SPACING ON THE FLOOR of the 4 perimeter players forces the defense to either allow the offense to get the ball to the post player on the block one on one or forces the double down double team or give up open three's or open layups by the offensive player whose man double downs before or after the post player gets the ball.

It also has good player rotation that allows for all 5 offensive players to play on the block which is great for mismatches.

It would be great against the shot clock because you get high percentages very quickly based on whether the defense covered the post player on the block one on one or double downed on him before or after he got the ball.

It has good continuity and is very easy to learn and to put in. At my age I don't know if I will get this down, but am thinking about it seriously.
bcbc55

Postby fafan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Coach Cim, you forgot to tell WaltWhie what the NBA is an acronym for ;)
fafan

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:43 pm

fafan wrote:Coach Cim, you forgot to tell WaltWhie what the NBA is an acronym for ;)

fafan: I told him I was not a big NBA fan as I only watch the San Antonio Spurs because when they are looking to draft, trade, etc, as they look for players with high basketball IQ's, good human beings and team oriented players who put we before I. and play from the shoulders up.

They play basketball the way it used to be played and the way I like to see to be played.

As an acronym do You mean "Not Basketball Anymore?

I do have some others!!!!!
bcbc55

Postby waltwhite » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm

You are writing another book?!?!?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Would you consider me for the foreword? I will do a great job.

I like your title...very catchy.

How do you get your books published?
waltwhite

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:37 pm

waltwhite wrote:You are writing another book?!?!?! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Would you consider me for the foreword? I will do a great job.

I like your title...very catchy.

How do you get your books published?

waltwhite:

I am JUST thinking about writing another book.

I would consider you to write the foreword if I write a book.

I don't know how to get an instructional book published today.

Back in 1972 I had written several basketball articles for Prentice-Hall of West Nyack, NY. Evidently they liked them as they asked me to send 3 chapters of a book on basketball and THEN they decided to give me a contract for "BASKETBALL'S PERCENTAGE OFFENSE".

They published it, by printing it, advertising it and sold it nationally.

in 1988 the book on shooting I had published locally. It was camera ready with diagrams, illustrations and the transcript. They just made photo copies and binded the photo copies to the front and back covers in a spiral binder.

If I write another book I will go the local route again.

Then do the advertising and selling myself.

At my age it would be a big undertaking.

Thanks for your interest. Your MBR friend bcbc
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics