UNC commit Coby White finds new motivation after the loss of

NEPSAC and National Prep News: Future high level college players and pros abound

UNC commit Coby White finds new motivation after the loss of

Postby USA TODAY » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:19 am

UNC commit Coby White finds new motivation after the loss of his father

...Coby first learned of Doc’s prognosis in February, which, in context, makes what he was able to do on the basketball court downright legendary.

A month after the news, Coby won Gatorade Player of the Year for North Carolina after posting 31.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 6.1 assists a game for Greenfield. He followed that up by obliterating the competition in the Nike EYBL, the country’s toughest circuit, to the tune of 21.6 points, 3.5 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.3 steals a game for Team CP3 (N.C.).

When I heard the unfortunate news about his father I immediately thought back to when I saw Coby play in April, May and June,” ESPN director of basketball recruiting Paul Biancardi says. “It’s remarkable that he even showed up. To know the unfortunate circumstances he was dealing with and to remember how mentally locked in he was in every game mentally is amazing. His faith has to be really strong and his focus and resolve is extremely high. All things considered, to be that productive against some of best talent in the country is truly amazing because in these situations basketball is either an escape or a burden.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/unc-five-st ... -tar-heels
USA TODAY

Re: UNC commit Coby White finds new motivation after the los

Postby USA TODAY » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:24 am

Coby White Blog: Honoring his late father, in-home with Roy Williams, J. Cole and more

... Feels good to know I’m going to a true family environment next year in Chapel Hill!

I had my in-home visit with Coach Williams last week and that was great!

We met for about two hours and talked about everything. Of course part of it was a little emotional because my dad wasn’t there, but we got through it.

I think one of the best parts was when I got to try on the 2017 national championship ring! Coach Williams brought a case full of different title rings he’s won over the years.

It was crazy!

But this year’s ring was way bigger than the other ones. Just having that ring on gave me chills!

Hopefully one day I’ll be wearing my own.
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-coby-wh ... e-and-more
USA TODAY

Return to Newenglandprep.com and National Prep News