Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby maine612 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:18 am

I love all the enthusiasm about the new season...and certainly hope Maine can win. However I am sticking with my original prediction. Until Maine shows that something is different, all past data and info would point to a UNH victory. Predicting a Maine win is sort of like trying to time the exact bottom of the stock market and buying when things are just sure to be turning around.

With all of that said, Go Maine. I'll be watching and locked in.

maine612

Postby UMaineDad » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Sorry that you feel that way. You can't change the past. Fortunately we have a stable of, new and newer, good players, some of who came to Maine so they could play and impact early in their career instead of waiting 2-3 seasons behind an over-stacked roster at big D1 programs. I believe the era for Maine has changed under coach H and we will see a much different winning tradition as the years progress!
UMaineDad

Postby Archer Bunker » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:09 pm

UMaineDad wrote:Sorry that you feel that way. You can't change the past. Fortunately we have a stable of, new and newer, good players, some of who came to Maine so they could play and impact early in their career instead of waiting 2-3 seasons behind an over-stacked roster at big D1 programs. I believe the era for Maine has changed under coach H and we will see a much different winning tradition as the years progress!

Sure hope you a right Daddy, but we have always had good coaching and that isn't the problem. Getting the really good players to come to UMO is the problem. Maybe the trend will change at some point, but location really hurts.
Thanks for your input would love too see it.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby fafan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:Sorry that you feel that way. You can't change the past. Fortunately we have a stable of, new and newer, good players, some of who came to Maine so they could play and impact early in their career instead of waiting 2-3 seasons behind an over-stacked roster at big D1 programs. I believe the era for Maine has changed under coach H and we will see a much different winning tradition as the years progress!

Sure hope you a right Daddy, but we have always had good coaching and that isn't the problem. Getting the really good players to come to UMO is the problem. Maybe the trend will change at some point, but location really hurts.
Thanks for your input would love too see it.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB

UMaine Dad,
AB was president of the Jack Cosgrove fan club and he could do no wrong in his eyes. Many of us were extremely
frustrated with the offensive playcalling which was the most predictable of any team in the league. Jack failed to make a change and the first thing Coach H did was bring in Liam Coen as the OC. All coach H did his first yr was take a 3-8 team and go 6-5 but still fell to UNH.

Coach H brings a youthful excitement to this program and love it that Coach H says this is the most important game of year. McDonnell has owned Maine and now would be the time for Maine to change it up and get the W.
They will have to execute the game plan as they have the weapons on offense just hope our D can step up and contain the Wildcats. Can't wait till Thursday nite at Durham.
Anyone going down???
fafan

Postby SMAA » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:51 pm

I don't trust Maine's defense at all UNH 35 Maine 13.
SMAA

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 pm

SMAA wrote:I don't trust Maine's defense at all UNH 35 Maine 13.

You might be right.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby Archer Bunker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Still waiting for a mainejeff prediction.

GO!GO!UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby UMaineDad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:44 am

UNH weak on the ends and lack a running game, outside of QB. He didn't impress last game and left early with injury. Seemed fragile and intimidated by Maine defense. I maybe wrong, but I just don't think UNH will match up this time around. This is new era football for UMAINE. I believe UMO will pull out the victory...
UMaineDad

Postby SMAA » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:49 pm

I really hope you are right UMaineDad, but I am really leary about Umaine's defense especially against the run. We shall see come Thursday.
SMAA

Postby Archer Bunker » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 am

Game is tomorrow.....Time to get your final predictions in. I'm staying with my original prediction.

UNH 35
UMO 17

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics