Little League sees Declining Participation and Here’s Why

post info & talk all things baseball...

Postby BDN » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:17 am

As we reach the final weekend in August, the sporting spotlight will be shining on South Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Little League Baseball on Sunday afternoon will crown its world champion, following a two-month plus long tournament. These eleven and twelve year-old boys of summer will be swinging the bats and flashing the leather in front of tens of thousands in attendance as well as millions worldwide via television.

Admittedly, I have not tuned into a second and don’t plan on viewing any of the proceedings over the weekend. In fact I stopped watching the Little League World Series several years ago. For me, I find the event uncomfortable to watch. Maybe it’s the zoomed in shots of the over-zealous parents in the stands, who live vicariously through their offspring with every pitch. There are the coaches, often parents themselves, who act as if they are managing the Red Sox in the seventh game of the World Series. This is despite the fact the charges they are leading are still four years away from obtaining a drivers license

http://pressbox.bangordailynews.com/201 ... heres-why/
BDN

Re: Little League sees Declining Participation and Here’s Wh

Postby augie » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:17 pm

I have no idea why Bob is so angry about Little League Baseball. There are so many counter points to this article I don't know where to start nor do I have the time. So all I'll say is the only thing right and pure left in this country it seems is Little League Baseball.
augie

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur