Angry White Boys...

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Angry White Boys...

Postby hawksfan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:11 am

An excellent, thought provoking piece by the always wise Kevin Williamson....

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -they-want
hawksfan

Re: Angry White Boys...

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:37 am

hawksfan wrote:An excellent, thought provoking piece by the always wise Kevin Williamson....

Trump said that there were "decent good people" protesting the statue removal. How can you stand side by side with the KKK and Nazis and be decent or good. For Christ's sake they marched at night with torches to a church chanting about Jewish control.

Trump compared Robert E. Lee to Washington and Jefferson. How can anyone justify that? Well, anyone but David Duke- he loved it. It validated him. Trump validated organized racism yesterday.

If you can't handle being a white male in the United States today then you are by definition a snowflake and a loser. It is the easiest gig in the history of humanity. And if you feel under threat then you have no idea what a real threat is.

I know I can be maddeningly moderate. But this is all black and white at this point. Trump stands for racism, racism is wrong. There is no polite or moderate response to the KKK and Nazis. You simply have to crush them.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:An excellent, thought provoking piece by the always wise Kevin Williamson....

Trump said that there were "decent good people" protesting the statue removal. How can you stand side by side with the KKK and Nazis and be decent or good. For Christ's sake they marched at night with torches to a church chanting about Jewish control.

Trump compared Robert E. Lee to Washington and Jefferson. How can anyone justify that? Well, anyone but David Duke- he loved it. It validated him. Trump validated organized racism yesterday.

If you can't handle being a white male in the United States today then you are by definition a snowflake and a loser. It is the easiest gig in the history of humanity. And if you feel under threat then you have no idea what a real threat is.

I know I can be maddeningly moderate. But this is all black and white at this point. Trump stands for racism, racism is wrong. There is no polite or moderate response to the KKK and Nazis. You simply have to crush them.

I agree. The crushing, however, has to take place within our established Constitutional order. Do you agree, Mikey, that communists, anarchists & cop killers need crushing as well?

The operative word of the piece I linked was "boys"...."boys" that espouse these ideaologys are utter failures & deserve our society's contempt & universal shunning...
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Our established order is in the hands of a 70 yro toddler. We're in uncharted territory. But there are historical guidelines.

Imagine looking out into your yard from the kitchen window and noticing wasps building a nest, that's what Trump calls the "alt-left". Then imagine seeing a rabid pit bull in your yard. That's the alt-right. What's your priority, and what's your corresponding level of tolerance? Do you go out with your shotgun or your bug spray?

We once killed Nazis while tolerating Marxists. And then we crushed them via capitalism. With determination and effective leadership we can do it again. But not under Trump's "leadership".
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 am

hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:21 am

Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

One of us has misinterpreted the piece. My take away was that his advice is to not get exercised about the removal of monuments that honor the Confederacy. I don't understand your response of linking the great appeaser of all-time (BHO #2) Neville Chamberlain's wkipedia page....what was your take away from the piece?

By the way....earlier you decried Trumpy's asking what about Washington & Jefferson memorials....well, Al "I owe $12M in back taxes" Sharpton has called for the Jefferson memorial to be purged & some pastor in Chicago wants Washington & Jefferson parks renamed in that testimonial city for the ineptitude of progressive leadership.... thoughts?
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 pm

hawksfan wrote:One of us has misinterpreted the piece. My take away was that his advice is to not get exercised about the removal of monuments that honor the Confederacy. I don't understand your response of linking the great appeaser of all-time (BHO #2) Neville Chamberlain's wkipedia page....what was your take away from the piece?

By the way....earlier you decried Trumpy's asking what about Washington & Jefferson memorials....well, Al "I owe $12M in back taxes" Sharpton has called for the Jefferson memorial to be purged & some pastor in Chicago wants Washington & Jefferson parks renamed in that testimonial city for the ineptitude of progressive leadership.... thoughts?

I posted the link because talk of protecting Confederate statues in the wake of a Nazi act of domestic terrorism is appeasement. As far as the statues themselves I guess I imagine myself as an African-American who has to pay taxes and walk by a Stonewall Jackson monument every day on the way to work. I can see how that could get old.

I'm on the record here with my feelings about Sharpton. He's no better than David Duke, and he has as much blood on his hands. His opinions mean nothing to me.

The Confederates committed treason of the highest order. I don't see the point in honoring them. That doesn't mean we have to ignore history. Maybe just remember that the only Confederate flag that really mattered was the white one.

Obamacare is still law, Trump got nothing through Congress, he's losing support from business and the military, but he's worried about statues. SAD! He's been more directly critical of Lindsey Graham than David Duke this week. And Bannon went on the record as describing his NK policy as a joke. You could not invent a more impotent leader than Trump. But he's getting a short term win as long as we focus on old racist statues and not his record.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:One of us has misinterpreted the piece. My take away was that his advice is to not get exercised about the removal of monuments that honor the Confederacy. I don't understand your response of linking the great appeaser of all-time (BHO #2) Neville Chamberlain's wkipedia page....what was your take away from the piece?

I posted the link because talk of protecting Confederate statues in the wake of a Nazi act of domestic terrorism is appeasement. As far as the statues themselves I guess I imagine myself as an African-American who has to pay taxes and walk by a Stonewall Jackson monument every day on the way to work. I can see how that could get old.

I'm on the record here with my feelings about Sharpton. He's no better than David Duke, and he has as much blood on his hands. His opinions mean nothing to me.

The Confederates committed treason of the highest order. I don't see the point in honoring them. That doesn't mean we have to ignore history. Maybe just remember that the only Confederate flag that really mattered was the white one.

Obamacare is still law, Trump got nothing through Congress, he's losing support from business and the military, but he's worried about statues. SAD! He's been more directly critical of Lindsey Graham than David Duke this week. And Bannon went on the record as describing his NK policy as a joke. You could not invent a more impotent leader than Trump. But he's getting a short term win as long as we focus on old racist statues and not his record.

But the piece advised not sweating the monuments to the Confederacy & in further news the Jefferson & Washington memorials are now being questioned and/or called for removal, "memory holed"...FUBAR....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 am

It is vital to know our history: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/us/p ... check.html

Pershing had a great tactic for dealing with controversial statues. He'd wrap his spaceship in bacon and fly into them.

Edit for breaking news: If Trump was so opposed to taking down symbols of racism then why did he fire Bannon?
Mike Tomlin

Next

Return to Politics