WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire (GAME THREAD)

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby Blackbear27 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:12 pm

fafan wrote:Well according to the PPH Ferguson looked like the most impressive QB of the day and was leading the #1 offense. The next week is going to be real interesting as Coach H has already said he would like to name the starting QB after the next scrimmage.
I thought Ferguson looked very poised last year in the scrimmages. I just expected Staver as a senior to be the leading candidate but like Coach H said we will put the best 11 players on the field regardless of experience. Certainly not looking like the 3 suspended players will be available for UNH, lets just hope this investigation is over quickly and the team can move forward. :(
Way to go red shirt frosh Hunter Smith catching a TD from true frosh QB Robinson. Truly believe Hunter will make a difference on this team!!!


Hunter Smith won't even play on this team. Unless every receiver goes down. He is not even a D 1 athlete.
Blackbear27
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:20 am

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby fafan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:
fafan wrote:Well according to the PPH Ferguson looked like the most impressive QB of the day and was leading the #1 offense. The next week is going to be real interesting as Coach H has already said he would like to name the starting QB after the next scrimmage.
I thought Ferguson looked very poised last year in the scrimmages. I just expected Staver as a senior to be the leading candidate but like Coach H said we will put the best 11 players on the field regardless of experience. Certainly not looking like the 3 suspended players will be available for UNH, lets just hope this investigation is over quickly and the team can move forward. :(
Way to go red shirt frosh Hunter Smith catching a TD from true frosh QB Robinson. Truly believe Hunter will make a difference on this team!!!


Hunter Smith won't even play on this team. Unless every receiver goes down. He is not even a D 1 athlete.


Nice comment, were you at a rally in Virginia this weekend?
fafan
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby thebam » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:Hunter Smith won't even play on this team. Unless every receiver goes down. He is not even a D 1 athlete.
[/quote]
Well, first, this is a pretty ignorant comment, unless you want to bring something factual to it? Second, he' s on the roster of a D-1 Football team, so , yeah, he's a D-1 Athlete.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby augie » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:45 pm

fafan wrote:
Blackbear27 wrote:
fafan wrote:Well according to the PPH Ferguson looked like the most impressive QB of the day and was leading the #1 offense. The next week is going to be real interesting as Coach H has already said he would like to name the starting QB after the next scrimmage.
I thought Ferguson looked very poised last year in the scrimmages. I just expected Staver as a senior to be the leading candidate but like Coach H said we will put the best 11 players on the field regardless of experience. Certainly not looking like the 3 suspended players will be available for UNH, lets just hope this investigation is over quickly and the team can move forward. :(
Way to go red shirt frosh Hunter Smith catching a TD from true frosh QB Robinson. Truly believe Hunter will make a difference on this team!!!


Hunter Smith won't even play on this team. Unless every receiver goes down. He is not even a D 1 athlete.


Nice comment, were you at a rally in Virginia this weekend?


Both of these comments are without thought and I am not sure which is dumber.
augie
 
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby dunbar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:43 am

In regards to the kicking game: sounds like the plan is to have one guy punt and one guy place-kick. If preseason camp performance is any indication, looks like we'll have Deoul punt and the frosh Doane kick.
dunbar
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby TAL1957 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 pm

Thanks db. As long as the punter can give us 35-40 yds net (some height plz ?) and the kicker can reliably hit from 30 yds (I won't even ask for 35-40), I'll give Coach H. huge creds. for addressing a Dire Need !!!

Equals 1-2 wins a year. IMO.
TAL1957
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby dunbar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:22 am

Ferguson starts Week 1 at New Hampshire.
dunbar
 
Posts: 4600
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby maine612 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Does anyone know the online or cable viewing options for this game?

Thanks

612
User avatar
maine612
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby fafan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:37 pm

maine612 wrote:Does anyone know the online or cable viewing options for this game?

Thanks

612


Enjoy!!!
RICHMOND, Va. (August 18, 2017) – The Colonial Athletic Association has signed an agreement with CBS Sports Digital to stream a “Game of the Week” for football and men’s basketball throughout the next two seasons. Games will be available for free on College Sports Live online (collegesportslive.com) and on the College Sports Live mobile app.

College Sports Live is a streaming service from CBS Sports Digital offering subscribers the ability to watch and listen to more than 10,000 live events from top universities and conferences across the country. It is the most comprehensive collegiate sports streaming service available covering more than 30 sports.joy!!!
fafan
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

Re: WEEK 1: Maine at New Hampshire

Postby fafan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm

The key to having any chance of an upset will be the play of Chris Ferguson. Knowing we are with out Micah Wright and Egwuonwu, probably the two of the top players on both sides of the ball , would seem to give the edge to UNH. But the one thing that we can say for any Coach H team is they have been in every game they have taken the field except for Toledo and UNH is no Toledo.

The players will believe in themselves and it will take a huge effort with limited turnovers. If Fergie can play smart football and not do what happened a lot this past year we have a chance. Can't wait to see Mack, Edwards, Reed and the other receivors with Fergie at the helm. Missing only 3 offensive players means these guys know their roles and just need to perform.

The 2ndary is strong on D so as long as we have some QB pressure we should be OK on D. Missing Greene on Ricard is huge but lets see if the new guys are ready to step in.
fafan
 
Posts: 3439
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 7:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mainejeff, thebam, turkeyman, yorkcountyUNHfan and 68 guests