Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Well we are getting close just 3 weeks away so I it's time to get started. I like UMO this year but from what Iv'e heard we might be missing some key players for this opening game. I was really looking forward to a possible great season for this years Black Bear's team thinking they might win about 7 or 8 games and now this. I hate to do this but I have to keep my 92% prediction rate going. Game is at UNH......UMO missing key players. WildCats get the win.

UNH 35
UMO 17

AB
Archer Bunker

Re: Week #1 UMO Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby WABI » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:21 am

UMaine Football Focused on Opening Opponent Already

ORONO, MAINE (WABI) - UMaine football coach Joe Harasymiak speaks about the importance of the season opener against UNH in a few weeks.

http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/UMain ... 17563.html
WABI

Postby Swisher » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:42 am

Arch I really can't believe you are going against your beloved UMO Black Bears. I don't ever remember you going against them on opening day. You might be right if we are missing those three players, but either way I'm going with UMaine in a close one 24-21. Yes we have a field goal kicker who makes it with less than a minute to play.
Swisher

Re: Week #1 UM Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby dunbar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Archer Bunker wrote:I hate to do this but I have to keep my 92% prediction rate going.

You were 7-4 last year in predicting Maine Football for 63%. You picked them to win every game except Connecticut. :roll: :lol: :oops:

Fake news! Sad!
dunbar

Postby maine612 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Hate to be a downer here...but I think UNH at home in the opener with new fancy digs will come out and roll. Suspensions certainly don't help.

New Hampshire Wildcats 30,
Maine Black Bears 17

maine612

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Hard to pick a winner in a football game between rivals and fairly even teams. However, in a game where know one really knows which way that darn 2 ended pointed ball is going to bounce when it hits the surface who really knows.

However, Maine must find a successful QB, replace the players who may not play because of injuries/suspension and have a high field goal kicking percentage.

That is a lot to overcome in order to win an opening game on the road against a natural rival.

The 2 ended Pointed ball bounces UNH's way 27 to 20.

Just the opinion of a basketball person who doesns't know that much about football. However, using that 2 ended pointed ball and not knowing which direction it is going to bounce that's why I was never really interested in football.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby UMaineDad » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:25 pm

UNH has had to rebuild in some key positions. UMAINE youth from last year will be much stronger and effective this season. Gave the game away to UNH last year. Unusually bad penalties and decision making. They'll be out for revenge this year. I think UMAINE will surprise and overwhelm UNH this time around. We have some players with real hearts of champions. I predict a UMAINE victory in this season opener!
UMaineDad

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:18 pm

UMaineDad wrote:UNH has had to rebuild in some key positions. UMAINE youth from last year will be much stronger and effective this season. Gave the game away to UNH last year. Unusually bad penalties and decision making. They'll be out for revenge this year. I think UMAINE will surprise and overwhelm UNH this time around. We have some players with real hearts of champions. I predict a UMAINE victory in this season opener!

UMainedad: Your post may get me to change my pick. However, right now I believe UNH is ahead on picks by MBRers so far @ UNH 3 UM 2. Close.
bcbc55

Re: Week #1 UM Vs. UNH Predictions

Postby Archer Bunker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:34 am

dunbar wrote:
Archer Bunker wrote:I hate to do this but I have to keep my 92% prediction rate going.

You were 7-4 last year in predicting Maine Football for 63%. You picked them to win every game except Connecticut. :roll: :lol: :oops:

Fake news! Sad!

Dumbar That 92% is on all sports that I pick. Every day I have my pick of the day (Just one) and I've been doing this for many years and my prediction rate is 92%. Now if we just did UMO football I would probably be around 70%. Quite a few years ago your daddy had a web site and he would have a pick'em contest for fans of UMO football. I believe I won it 2 or 3 years in a row after I joined his site. Then he shut it down. Don't believe me just ask him or I'm sure MaineJeff remembers also. So no fake news and good luck to you this year at UMO.

GO! GO! UMO!

AB
Archer Bunker

Postby Bulldog Pride » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Maine is due to beat UNH. I'll take the Black Bears by 10 points 24-14.
Bulldog Pride

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics