The State of Trump's Union

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: The State of Trump's Union

Postby hawksfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:15 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:In other words if it weren't for reality Rand Paul could ride a unicorn into Congress and fix everything.

Well if by that you mean the question can never, ever be changed, then I guess you're correct....I am talking about a unicorn.

However, your prior post positing that "conservative solutions" to health insurance is a myth remains false. You can't insist that the question remain one who's base premise is socialized medicine.... (centrally planned, top down, Washington dictated, one size fits all)....and then demand a conservative solution to the boon-doggle that you admit the socialized model is.

I repeat...if we could change the genesis question's premise to a conservative point of view, solutions to the boon-doggle abound...

Later addition....Republican moderate leadership are chickens. They had a chance to be the Falcons 1st 43 minutes, instead they skipped all that & have gone right to the Falcons last 17 minutes. Pathetic...it is they who are chasing the unicorn of love & respect from Democrats and their BHG legacy media sycophants....

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... es-instead
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 am

There is no conservative solution, period. You think government is bad? Just try letting the "free market" make your healthcare choices. But it's easier to complain than act.

Moderates are national heroes today. And police chiefs across the country are lining up to reprimand Trump. Nothing says small government like encouraging police brutality. What a loser.
Mike Tomlin

Postby driveandive » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:15 pm

Of course there are solutions. Patients, insurers, and providers just don't want any of them.
driveandive

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Scaramucci had a rough week, got dumped by his wife and Trump.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:There is no conservative solution, period. You think government is bad? Just try letting the "free market" make your healthcare choices. But it's easier to complain than act.

Moderates are national heroes today. And police chiefs across the country are lining up to reprimand Trump. Nothing says small government like encouraging police brutality. What a loser.

In what way are "moderates (are) national heroes today"...?
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:38 pm

hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:There is no conservative solution, period. You think government is bad? Just try letting the "free market" make your healthcare choices. But it's easier to complain than act.

In what way are "moderates (are) national heroes today"...?

They didn't vote for a bill that no one wanted to pass. Hell, Suzie got a standing ovation at the Bangor Airport the other day. McCain is all Mavericky again.

Blue dog Democrats and RHINOs will fix this, don't you worry.
Mike Tomlin

Postby driveandive » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes, they will fix it by raising costs and lowering rates (not equally or fairly mind you, despite at least one of those terms being in the name of the legislation), and passing the cost down to future generations. I've seen the template for several generations now.
driveandive

Postby Mike Tomlin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:16 pm

driveandive wrote:Yes, they will fix it by raising costs and lowering rates (not equally or fairly mind you, despite at least one of those terms being in the name of the legislation), and passing the cost down to future generations. I've seen the template for several generations now.

Yeah, but that's how it works. Entitlement programs are created, over-funded, expanded, and very rarely modified in response to changes in demographics and the economy. But to paraphrase Groucho Marx; "to hell with future generations, what did they ever do for me?"
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
driveandive wrote:Yes, they will fix it by raising costs and lowering rates (not equally or fairly mind you, despite at least one of those terms being in the name of the legislation), and passing the cost down to future generations. I've seen the template for several generations now.

Yeah, but that's how it works. Entitlement programs are created, over-funded, expanded, and very rarely modified in response to changes in demographics and the economy. But to paraphrase Groucho Marx; "to hell with future generations, what did they ever do for me?"

And there it is...just another variation of "nimby"....f**k the health of the country....as long as you've got yours, right Mikey?

You missed the change....there are no blue dawg democrats....100% progressives. And the progressive rhinos? They're wondering where all the positive DC press is the felt sure they'd get. There's no fix on the horizon, the ACA lives until....it dies on its own.

Do you get the country bankrupt? 20T in debt....3.5T in income, 4.5T in expenses, 120T in unfunded liabilities, 1M a minute being borrowed to service that debt = bankrupt....& here you are begging for single payer? It is a complete mystery how people keep their heads buried on these financial FACTS....
hawksfan

Postby driveandive » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:35 pm

It sounds like we all agree that Government will not fix any of the problems in healthcare costs. It would be nice to hear a moderate politician admit the same. I've even heard a few liberals admit they can't fix it, something I've never heard from a moderate about anything.
driveandive

PreviousNext

Return to Politics