Little League: York 10's advance to N.E. Regional . Aug 4

post info & talk all things baseball...

Little League: York 10's advance to N.E. Regional . Aug 4

Postby Tom Nolette » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:46 am

Jay Pinsonnault‏ @JayPinceSMG
York 10s beat Scarborough for state championship and advance to New England tourney @YorkBaseballME @seacoastonline
Team pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFyCWSIVYAA1X4e.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Little League: York 10's advance to N.E. Regional Tourna

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:55 am

York wins Maine 8/9/10 Little League state title

...“I was just redirecting them from all the distractions that were going on around the park,” Gullison said. “You just try to have them think only baseball for a second, get into your bubble, do your job at whatever your position is and just enjoy the moment. And that’s what I told them. I said: ‘Listen, this is your game. Go out there, take it and just enjoy the moment and give the best defense you have, and go out and show everybody why you’re the best team in the state.’”

Southpaw Jack Joyce, York’s third pitcher of the night, calmly took the mound and struck out the first batter he faced, and then induced a ground ball to second base and another to third. Just like that, York won the state championship with a 9-6 win over Scarborough and earned a berth in next week’s New England Regional tournament in Cranston, R.I.

“Today was by far, not only the best game that we have played, obviously the most important, but we went back and forth tonight (with Scarborough) and these guys never gave up,” Gullison said. “That’s pretty much their motto: ‘Never give up.’ One game at a time. One inning at a time. If we get down, they find a way to battle back. I am speechless right now, I am just so proud of these guys, what they’ve done and how hard they have worked to get here. It’s unbelievable what they’ve done.”

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20 ... tate-title
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Little League: York 10's advance to N.E. Regional Tourna

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:06 am

York Little League opens regional play today

The York Little League 8/9/10 All-Star team will be back in action this weekend at the New England Regional tournament in Cranston, R.I.

York opens the pool play tournament against Trumbull (Conn.) American today at noon. It will then play Barrington (R.I.) on Monday at 2 p.m., followed by games Tuesday against Goffstown (N.H.) at 2 p.m., and Brookline (Mass.) on Thursday at 2 p.m.

All games will be played at the Michael P. Varrato Field at the U.S. Senator John Chafee Athletic and Recreational Complex.

http://www.fosters.com/sports/20170804/ ... play-today
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Little League: York 10's advance to N.E. Regional . Aug

Postby Fosters » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:50 am

recap:

York’s rally comes up short

CRANSTON, R.I. — The Maine state champions staged a wild rally in the bottom of the sixth, but came up one run short and fell to Madison, Conn., 9-8, in their first game at the 9-10 Little league Eastern Regional championships Saturday.

Down 9-2 going into their last at-bats, York scored six runs to pull to within one run. Madison pitchers walked the first six batters, forcing home two runs to make it 9-4. Jack Joyce then rapped a bases-clearing triple to close the gap to 9-7, and scored himself on an error to cut the lead to one.

The rally ended there as Madison got the final out to end the game.

http://www.fosters.com/sports/20170806/ ... ampionship
Fosters

Postby Seacoast » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:56 am

York bounces back, beats Rhode Island at regionals

CRANSTON, R.I. — The York 8/9/10 Little League team may have picked up its first win in pool play at the Eastern Region Tournament on Monday afternoon, but the trip itself has already been a win for the players and their families.

“This experience has been amazing,” said York coach Ed Gullison. “The kids are having an absolute blast.”

Since falling behind 9-2 in its first game against Connecticut — a 9-8 setback — York has outscored its opponents 9-1. It bounced back on Monday with a 3-1 win over Rhode Island.

A Jack Joyce two-run single in the bottom of the fifth inning opened up a tie game. Robbie Hanscom earned the win for York, pitching 2/3 of an inning and allowing one hit, while Joyce picked up the save. Ryan Cummins went three innings for York, allowing just two hits and no runs while striking out four.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20 ... -regionals
Seacoast

Postby MattyB » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 am

GULLISON’S WALKOFF GIVES TEAM ME VICTORY OVER TEAM NH

Team ME defeated Team NH 4-3 on Tuesday thanks to a walk-off single. The game was tied at three with Team ME batting in the bottom of the seventh when Brody Gullison singled off of Dillon Gaudet, driving in one run.

Team NH took an early lead in the second inning.

After Team NH scored one run in the top of the fourth, Team ME answered with one of their own. Team NH scored when Trevor Carter singled off of Alex Taylor, driving in one run. Team ME then answered when Ryan Dutton induced Reece MacDonald to ground out, but one run scored.

https://910easternregion.wordpress.com/ ... r-team-nh/
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Return to Baseball: Maine High School & Amateur