THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING

Please keep it clean with no profanity or personal attacks

Re: THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
Mike Tomlin wrote:I did my own research. I was wrong on this and you are correct. This was a failed policy.

Yet Russia is still our enemy, and Putin has acted in countless ways to undermine our foreign policy and even our democracy. So why hasn't Trump said anything negative about him publicly? He is willing to savage his own AG with tweets, but he will not speak out against Putin. Maybe it isn't collusion, maybe he's just afraid of the guy.

That makes some sense. Putin captures tigers while riding topless on a stallion and Trump plays tennis in adult diapers, he doesn't even have the stamina to get out of his golf cart on the green.

In my view...with all of them & especially Trumpy...at least insofar as policy goes...we're all better off focusing on actions rather than their words... (or with your example, even lack of words...)

Or lack of action, like with healthcare.

Well they got the debate vote passed today anyway.....whoop-de-do, right?

Susan Collins, polishing up that "independent" cred( :roll: ) for her gubernatorial run, votes with the Democrats to stop even DEBATING....are you sure you support her Mikey? & if you do, how do you reconcile your entirely correct point re: lack of action on health INSURANCE vs her vote to prevent any DISCUSSION of some future action...?
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:26 pm

She wants hearings and everything that the Dems avoided with Obamacare. What's wrong with that? Yeah I support her, and I'm glad she got caught calling Trump a moron and that fat loser from Texas a slob.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:She wants hearings and everything that the Dems avoided with Obamacare. What's wrong with that? Yeah I support her, and I'm glad she got caught calling Trump a moron and that fat loser from Texas a slob.

Hearings = grandstanding = inaction...

I would absolutely support US getting to see the whole thing + a 30 day comment period....messy, chaotic, possibly even really, really ugly....still a lot better than these jackwagons deciding for us...

I know nothing right now of a fat slob from Texas or a duly elected Senator from a deep blue state smearing the POTUS as a moron in order to burnish her gubernatorial resume. Each day that goes by recently reveals Susan Collins to be a bankrupt political opportunist while cloaking herself in a shroud of "moderation"... fall for it if ya like, but it is painfullly obvious that her agenda is...HER....
hawksfan

Postby mainejeff » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:37 am

hawksfan wrote:
Right...this coming from a guy who has on multiple occasions advocated for a civil war ending with the break up our United States...

You're goddam right if we're going down the rabbit hole that Trump & the GOP are suggesting.

hawksfan wrote:+ your go to move for quite some time...paraphrasing, " the Constitution is dusty & old & need not be adhered to any longer..."...so who hates the country?

Trump does. He proves that day after day. You are not far behind him. :|

hawksfan wrote:All I know MJ is that the governing principles I advocate for? Are the same ones created by the guys who's faces are on the goddam money....

Were they men or gods?...... :roll: I bet if those faces weren't white males....you'd be singing a different tune. :roll:

hawksfan wrote:If you keep trying I'm sure, like a blind squirrel finding a nut, you'll land on a cogent point someday MJ...
And we can only hope that your President does as well....someday.
mainejeff

Postby hawksfan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:47 am

mainejeff wrote:
hawksfan wrote:
Right...this coming from a guy who has on multiple occasions advocated for a civil war ending with the break up our United States...

You're goddam right if we're going down the rabbit hole that Trump & the GOP are suggesting.

hawksfan wrote:+ your go to move for quite some time...paraphrasing, " the Constitution is dusty & old & need not be adhered to any longer..."...so who hates the country?

Trump does. He proves that day after day. You are not far behind him. :|

hawksfan wrote:All I know MJ is that the governing principles I advocate for? Are the same ones created by the guys who's faces are on the goddam money....

Were they men or gods?...... :roll: I bet if those faces weren't white males....you'd be singing a different tune. :roll:

hawksfan wrote:If you keep trying I'm sure, like a blind squirrel finding a nut, you'll land on a cogent point someday MJ...
And we can only hope that your President does as well....someday.

Yawn.....
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 am

Jeff Sessions is a true conservative and was the first major GOP politician to endorse Trump. And look where it got him. Susan's decision to reject Trump in the election and since makes sense to me.

This week perfectly illustrates the GOP's incompetence. Thirty-six percent of the country would rather break the country than try to fix complex problems. And they found the perfect guy for the job.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:43 am

Mike Tomlin wrote:Jeff Sessions is a true conservative and was the first major GOP politician to endorse Trump. And look where it got him. Susan's decision to reject Trump in the election and since makes sense to me.

This week perfectly illustrates the GOP's incompetence. Thirty-six percent of the country would rather break the country than try to fix complex problems. And they found the perfect guy for the job.

What the President is doing to Jeff Sessions is absolutely reprehensible. Non sensical as well as just plain galactically stupid...

Anyway...here's an excellent read from Kevin Williamson....touches on why we don't get those hearings on important matters anymore...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... s-politics
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:11 am

And yet you blame Collins, even though she's trying to play by the rules that are endorsed in that piece.

Yesterday LePage vetoed bills that would have banned texting and driving and allowing anyone under 21 to buy tobacco. He claimed that he opposes social engineering. Fine. Then he went on to say that he opposes legal pot and that he's going to petition Sessions to crackdown on states that legalized it. Yes, only the Feds are qualified to socially engineer society. That's modern conservatism in a nutshell.

Sessions needs a doobie more than anyone in the country right now.
Mike Tomlin

Postby hawksfan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Mike Tomlin wrote:And yet you blame Collins, even though she's trying to play by the rules that are endorsed in that piece.

Yesterday LePage vetoed bills that would have banned texting and driving and allowing anyone under 21 to buy tobacco. He claimed that he opposes social engineering. Fine. Then he went on to say that he opposes legal pot and that he's going to petition Sessions to crackdown on states that legalized it. Yes, only the Feds are qualified to socially engineer society. That's modern conservatism in a nutshell.

Sessions needs a doobie more than anyone in the country right now.

I don't blame Collins for today's vote re: straight repeal...because she voted "no" on the exact same bill in '15 as well. Credit is due to her for consistency. I do blame her for her genuflecting to the leftist sacred cow, Planned Parenthood & her demand that Federal government subsidize those for profit ($B+ in annual revenue) baby body part selling butchers.

Mainly she just annoys me because she's a moderate Democrat with an "R" pasted over the "D" next to her name.
hawksfan

Postby Mike Tomlin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm

I was talking to a conservative buddy today and he said he hated Collins. I can see disagreeing with her, I don't understand the anger. If she were a Democrat the ideological base would be furious with her too.

None of our problems are being solved, IMO because we won't compromise. The Founders that you embrace did as much of that as anything else.
Mike Tomlin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics